Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I asked for the price on Nexus 10 ,let's see if they can beat Google Play price (£319 currently)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I too did this earlier, on both versions on amazon, to see if they would jsut give me a bit off the amazon price or would they go lower than the google store.
    use a vpn to see that price was it? 319£

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Jarren wrote: »
    I asked for the price on Nexus 10 ,let's see if they can beat Google Play price (£319 currently)

Tell us what they say please!

I think they are a bit like a cash back site except we get the money off and then they keep the cashback.

I too did this earlier, on both versions on amazon, to see if they would jsut give me a bit off the amazon price or would they go lower than the google store.
    use a vpn to see that price was it? 319£

index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9saDQuZ2dwaHQuY29tL01HUmpOZy12cGp6dGVrUUFRbHBabmtXYkc0bmgtWjg2cDhjYV9fa3h2aGVhT0I3WC1hbk5OTS1kX2QzM2kzcDFpdTFfPXcxODA%3D

£319

index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9saDYuZ2dwaHQuY29tL091dDYzamc3bWVWeXNmdEt6NWFYQTc5eG1GUjNkbGZLc0VEZk1lcE1sVERxTkU2UzVtQWUzOEFISlUzMHgwZXVkSVoyPXcxODA%3D

£389

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

More on how Flubit makes its dosh
    Flubit is able to offer lower prices because it deals with manufacturers directly, removing the costs associated with selling on other platforms such as commissions and click-ins.
    The company has been around for 18 months or so and has grown. quickly, from a fledgling group of four people based in a small bedroom in Stephens' own house a couple of years ago, the company now has 35 employees based across two floors of an office building in Hoxton.
    Stephens says that the conversion rate for Flubit is around one in three which is huge in comparison to other businesses such as Groupon and Wowcher, and it is this potential which has seen investors value the company at $5 million.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/453092/20130403/flubit-london-start-up-aiming-next-amazon.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

I saw somebody got a nexus 4 quote, then another 50 percent off, was told they had gotten a golden offer. Nice!

'twas I! :pac:

I thought it way too good to be true. Can't wait to get the phone now though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So what did it come to in the end? That's awesome, congrats.

So what did it come to in the end? That's awesome, congrats.

I was actually buying 2. I will post a screenshot now.

Edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

an office building in Hoxton

They must be doing well to afford a gaff there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

That's insane, you lucky boy!

Not celebrating yet until I get the phones

Thanks for the spare!

Thanks for the spare!

Actually, I am having problems cancelling my order from google. :confused:

I'll send on the 150£ shortly :P

I'll send on the 150£ shortly :P

320 and one of them could be yours. Will have to see though if I end up with 4 or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Raoul wrote: »
    320 and one of them could be yours. Will have to see though if I end up with 4 or not.

can we secretly hate you:D

Went to order a book last night. Turned out the title differed to the picture. I ended up cancelling after it would have cost more with pm.
    Got a reply ay midnight from flubit and a refund.

They gave me feck all off a nexus 10 on amazon, 3%, so still ridiculously above what it costs on google play. Just had to check and see!

£317.15 delivered +3.50 Euros PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

So I just got my latest delivery from flubit. A...ahem...personal grooming device for the missus. £71 reduced from £80 on amazon (which itself was half price). The box arrived today and its from amazon. The amazon receipt says "Gift from Bertie Stepens"

Not sure about them dealing direct with manufacturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

That'd be Bertie Stephens, I'd wager. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Just got this Nespresso U machine through flubit:

9d15c5d9-60b9-4721-b933-5b4f980e6dd5_ipad_overview.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-Nespresso-XN250A40-Coffee-Machine/dp/B008YD7V8O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364912519&sr=8-2 (£108)

I found the cheapest place for it through shopping.google.co.uk which was here: http://www.pots-and-pans.co.uk/krups-nespresso-u-pulse-coffee-machine-taupe#.UVrpNpMqbjt (£36.74 + £15.99 Postage to Dublin or Parcel Motel) I had originally placed the order with this crowd however got an email saying the item would take a week to come back into stock, so cancelled and tried flubit.

Sent that pots and pans product link onto flubit yesterday and just got offered £30.94 (free postage to Parcel Motel in NI) so I went with that.

Also able to apply to get a €50 voucher for coffee from nespresso.com here once the machine arrives:
    http://www.nespresso.com/promo_spring_2013/IE_en/yep/pixie/?icid=IEen_lesite_Mar13_Int_MGMTRADESPRING_homepage

If you want the Aerocino, you could try flubit with this link:
    http://www.pots-and-pans.co.uk/krups-nespresso-u-pulse-coffee-machine-aeroccino-taupe#.UVrtuZMqbjs

Those links have it got 140 euro Can you clarify how much you paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

stimpson wrote: »
    The amazon receipt says "Gift from Bertie Stepens"

My bioshock came with the same description too, odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got my hard drive today from parcel motel, Flubit bought it of ebuyer it seems. ( I got it for £82 delivered )

Came well packaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

maximoose wrote: »
    My bioshock came with the same description too, odd.

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/bertiestephens

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

'twas I! :pac:

I thought it way too good to be true. Can't wait to get the phone now though.

What link did you give them for the Nexus 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ted1 wrote: »
    Those links have it got 140 euro Can you clarify how much you paid

They must be gone up because on the pots-and-pans.co.uk when it was posted was under €40

nava wrote: »
    They must be gone up because on the pots-and-pans.co.uk when it was posted was under €40

Bargain!

Y U No alert bargain alerts? :pac:

MJ434 wrote: »
    What link did you give them for the Nexus 4?
    This one here from the play store in the uk:
    https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

Bought my first item through Flubit today. I submitted a link to a product listed on Amazon that was £36 + £5 P&P, but they came back with a discount on Amazon's own listing of the same item @ £44.24.

Still, I'm happy with £38.49 delivered to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

stimpson wrote: »
    So I just got my latest delivery from flubit. A...ahem...personal grooming device for the missus.

You gotta tell us what like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Soarer wrote: »
    You gotta tell us what like!

It's a woman's thing. I know about as much about it as she knows about an internal combustion engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

what happens if they can't beat your offer? is it just hard luck? I have 20mins left on a demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-WPA281-Powerline-Extender-Wireless-Access/dp/B0067GS0YO

Ordered this via FLUBIT saving 4.90gbp on the amazon price, so cost me 36.60gbp ( plus 3.50 for PM ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I haven't accept any offers yet bit if I did is PayPal the only way to pay?

draffodx wrote: »
    I haven't accept any offers yet bit if I did is PayPal the only way to pay?

If you don't want to sign up to paypal you can just login as a guest and use your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

My package arrived one day before the estimated last delivery date. In fairness I had ordered over the Easter period. I contacted support for some information about whether it was still being handled or not - but overall the whole thing went smoothly and Flubit were quick to get back to me.

My package arrived in Parcel Motel in Belfast around 15.30 and was in Dublin around 9pm. Fantastic service on both ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you don't want to sign up to paypal you can just login as a guest and use your credit card.

And can I use separate billing and shipping addresses that way?

draffodx wrote: »
    And can I use separate billing and shipping addresses that way?

I think so but not totally sure, but sure go through the process yourself and see. You don't have to confirm anything until you have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭donnacha

Got the attached offer for a 32gb nexus 10. Now just got to decide if I need one.

Purchased the attached earlier this evening. Loving this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone not use parcel motel and just use your irish paypal address and get away with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone not use parcel motel and just use your irish paypal address and get away with it?

Yes :) Received my first item this morning by just using the BT1 1AA post code. 320gb for the Xbox Slim for £30.55 delivered:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It can be hit and miss tbh..

.. ordered a SD Card from Play.com using that trick and it got here, and then ordered a mug from Play.com using the same trick a few weeks later.. and that never got here.

They refunded me the cost.. but if it keeps happen, surely they'll be getting suspicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was that through Flubit?

• Advertisement

Why risk pissing them off? Why not use Parcel Motel?

I'd guess it depends on who Flubit are buying the product from...

i.e. if its an amazon direct product and over £25 then the free super saver would apply to Ireland anyway so I'm guessing you could use an Irish address for delivery via the paypal confirmation screen.

So far in the offers I've requested its always been clear to me when they are purchasing off Amazon as the postage cost offered has been £0. Mind you there are other UK online sellers that don't charge for UK postage so could be a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

snubbleste wrote: »
    Was that through Flubit?

If you are asking me, then my answer is YES :)
    If you are asking Basq, then my answer is :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MoodeRator wrote: »
    If you are asking me, then my answer is YES :)
    If you are asking Basq, then my answer is :confused:
    No.. it was through Play.com but surely the same logic applies.

Depending on who you get sorting your post, it'll be either accepted (and forwarded to you) or rejected (sent back / discarded).

Simple as this - two items ordered from same company using that track - one arrived, one didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Yes :) Received my first item this morning by just using the BT1 1AA post code. 320gb for the Xbox Slim for £30.55 delivered:)

I am using the BT11AA trick with Amazon all the time and as long as delivery is with Royal Mail you will get it. I must have ordered 20-30 items using it and get each one within about 2 weeks. Mostly I only use this for small items with boxes no bigger than a shoe box.
    I have also used it to order from Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco direct and some of their ebay outlets, again with 100% success. The most expensive item I purchased was a Raspberry Pi from Element14 for about €35 but this was before I knew about Parcel Motel. Again for all the above I made sure that Royal Mail was being used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement