Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eathrin wrote: »
    Was offered less than 2% on a £170 item.
    what was it? I would not expect a big reduction on some items which could be on very low margins.

There was a documentary on about amazon the other night, saying how they barely make any profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Contour Roam 2, an action cam that is currently on sale on Amazon for £130, but flubit reckon I'd prefer they took £1.73 off the original £170 and offered it to me for £168.27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a roku 3 from them recently was £77 on amazon got it for 70 and shipped from currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

rubadub wrote: »
    what was it? I would not expect a big reduction on some items which could be on very low margins.

There was a documentary on about amazon the other night, saying how they barely make any profit.

They make loads of profit, they're just continually reinvesting and expanding with the said profits, so when the books are balanced, they don't look as profitable as they truly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

daRobot wrote: »
    They make loads of profit, they're just continually reinvesting and expanding with the said profits, so when the books are balanced, they don't look as profitable as they truly are.

Per item, not over all. Low margin, high volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I tried to order Moto G from them but it seems that you can't put Irish address as a billing one and credit card fails - does anyone has similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

September1 wrote: »
    I tried to order Moto G from them but it seems that you can't put Irish address as a billing one and credit card fails - does anyone has similar problems?

Using postcode BT11AA worked for me

(Wouldn't work with the first card I tried, but did on the second)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

September1 wrote: »
    Flubit don't deliver outside UK. Use parcel motel as billing and delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I was able to place order anyway - I was looking to buy some power line adapters kit that was 22.98 on Amazon (23.26 with Irish VAT) and flubit allowed me to order for 20.20 and so I did. Surprisingly my device came from Amazon and included invoice for 22.98 billed to Fireworks Merchant Ltd. - makes you wonder how their operation is profitable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Possibly buying through a referrer account that passes the referral fees back to them; which I suspect is against the referral TOCs. High volume referrer accounts get quite significant percentages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

recently got accepted after I applied about 2 months ago. You get 20 points when someone you refer creates an account and 180 points when that person buys something.

The only way I can see to use your points is -100 points to reduce waiting time when receiving an offer.

I have only ordered one thing so far and arrived faster than amazon.

Anyway if anyone wants an invitation send me a pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I was one of the first few to join FlubIt but I haven't used it lately at all.

It is a great service but would make you wonder how they make profit.

I wonder are they using those Amazon Affiliate links that give you a small % of the items cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

pity they don't deliver to Ireland :( got nice discount but the item is huge so PM charges tell me I won't be buying :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was one of the first few to join FlubIt but I haven't used it lately at all.

It is a great service but would make you wonder how they make profit.

I wonder are they using those Amazon Affiliate links that give you a small % of the items cost.

I would say the make small margin per sale and hope to make a lot of sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Didn't Amazon buy Flubit? I always assumed that was the reason they only compare Amazon prices now whereas before they would trawl the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

uli84 wrote: »
    pity they don't deliver to Ireland :( got nice discount but the item is huge so PM charges tell me I won't be buying :/

What is it you are looking to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Didn't Amazon buy Flubit? I always assumed that was the reason they only compare Amazon prices now whereas before they would trawl the sites.

that's what I was wondering, if they don't own them yet they may own them once Flubit starting posing a threat to Amazon..if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

godtabh wrote: »
    I would say they make small margin per sale and hope to make a lot of sales.
    That would explain the latest tack... (you may have to log in to see the page)
    https://www.flubit.com/steal#/
    Interestingly, most of the deals I'm being offered the chance to "steal" have only 1%—3% discount over the Amazon price. Maybe that's why they they were left behind. Noone is going to go to the bother for the sake of pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

I won't be using these again :mad:. I ordered a 64gb samsung micro sd card from them on the 20th saving myself a whopping 3 euro off the amazon.co.uk price. The day after (Friday 21st) i ordered a brand new Galaxy S5 phone factory sealed from Asia. That arrived today amazingly but the micro sd card is nowhere to be seen. It's not scheduled to be delivered until the 3rd of December.

On Tuesday i ordered a case for and a screen protector from Amazon, which both arrived today. So Flubit are basically holding everything :(. I know it's a 1st world problem but i'll try and avoid these in future and stick to amazon, lesson learnt..only worth the discount if its a big one or your prepared to wait twice as long as amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tried to use them against SportsDirect and it wouldn't accept their URL!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Soarer wrote: »

should it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

sweetie wrote: »
    should it?

Yeah. That's how you show them the price of the product you want them to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

They only accept price requests from Amazon AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah. That's how you show them the price of the product you want them to beat.

It used to be that way, but they'll only accept Amazon links for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Haven't used them in ages but I just picked up an APC uninterruptible power supply for £50 instead of £60 on Amazon (and well over €100 here). Amazon refused to ship to Northern Ireland for some reason.

No more problems with my 2 year old turning off my Linux server :)

I ordered a printer this week and got a mail yesterday saying it won't be in stock for a couple of weeks, but at least they kept me up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

uli84 wrote: »

try one of the curiour firms, dpd covers uk and irl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

NATLOR wrote: »
    They only accept price requests from Amazon AFAIK

Havent tried myself, but they apparently accept the following until january

rakuten.co.uk
    play.com
    argos.co.uk
    ebuyer.com
    johnlewis.com
    tesco.com/direct

No mention on the site, but discussed here:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/flubit-now-works-tesco-direct-argos-items-2042851

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I used it for the first time since they changed to amazon only.....i was skeptical but got http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ABBR7GI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

this £99 (at the time it's £95 now) for £84.

I checked about delivery and was assured that i'd get it within a week, I found the customer service good. So i think i'll try using it again for a while, most savings seem to be only 3 or 4%....but maybe i'll get lucky again and get another 12% one! think it's worth it if you aren't in a hurry and can wait an extra two days or whatever! (although still to get my delivery but if all goes to plan i'll be happy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

I decided to try ordereing from them two weeks ago. Saved a few euro in comparison to the Amazon price, but the estimated shipping date was 3 weeks down the line. I decided to cancel after finding a better deal elsewhere. Within 2 hours of telling customer service (who, to be fair, responded promptly to the cancellation order) the item was dispatched by the retailer. Nice one...

Advertisement