Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flubit (New site for buying online)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

I think I used none

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not working for me I'm afraid. Getting no Paypal option either, which would obviously solve a world of pain.

padair wrote: »
    I think I used none
    My apologies, I paid via paypal.

Turns out their "new system" has to have a valid postcode to proceed, which means you can't register your card details. Also Paypal is no longer an option.

Balls to them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It has to be said that they are well past their best. Nice while it lasted, but time to move on.

Let us just be happy with shopping from UK via Parcel Motel, and stop counting the potential pennies saved.

And before you say that pennies are important: imo any purchase you are thinking of making via Fluxit is discretionary, so the penny importance argument is totally blown...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have to say it's a pity to see them gone the way they have.
    They saved me quite a bit on some items I bought...
    Great while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bought an external hard drive last week from them. 8 pounds cheaper than amazon and came from dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I only wanted them for the Nexus 4 and got it no probs paying with paypal.. and then the Nexus 5 hoping to do the same. looks like that wont be happening now. Dont really care about the pennies saved, just want a handy place to get the hardware

Soarer wrote: »
    Turns out their "new system" has to have a valid postcode to proceed, which means you can't register your card details. Also Paypal is no longer an option.

Balls to them anyway.

I just added a Visa Debit card tonight, used BT1 1aa as a test in the post code box.

Tested it out by buying a Chromecast from amazon. (via Flubit)

so far the order has been: 05-10-2013 20:11 We are currently preparing your order

Will update if this works or not if anyone wants to know.

(Also: Sent them an angry email about them saying they love us irish but make it hard to let us use them with post code BS and having to enter my Debit card many times once more cos of that post code BS!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I gave my parcel motel address as my billing address and it worked fine

• Advertisement

I gave my parcel motel address as my billing address and it worked fine

Yep that would work until the addresses are cross-referenced.

god's toy wrote: »
    I just added a Visa Debit card tonight, used BT1 1aa as a test in the post code box.

Tested it out by buying a Chromecast from amazon. (via Flubit)

so far the order has been: 05-10-2013 20:11 We are currently preparing your order

Will update if this works or not if anyone wants to know.

(Also: Sent them an angry email about them saying they love us irish but make it hard to let us use them with post code BS and having to enter my Debit card many times once more cos of that post code BS!)

All went fine until... Sorry, this unit is out of stock from the supplier...

Yea.. Anyhow used eBay and got it fir the same price.

Update from Flubit regarding the using of Irish address in the billing postcode box.

Thank you very much for your email.

As we have recently changed to a different payment gateway we are no longer able to accept a billing address without a postcode in it. We are currently making inquiries as to the risks involved in accepting a billing address without this field and we might be able to change it based on the response we get back.

Due to the fact that we are currently capturing not at purchase but with a slight delay and we'd like to increase this to taking payment only once the order has been confirmed by the supplier, we are just trying to ensure that we don't expose ourselves to fraud.

We might be updating our payment structure shortly to accommodate for Irish billing addresses, but currently we do not accept them.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you have a really nice day,

Maybe tell them stop putting their leaflets in with Parcel Motel deliveries!

Absolute clowns. Opening themselves to fraud without a postcode? What does the rest of the internet do with orders from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep that would work until the addresses are cross-referenced.

Got my product no hassle :)

Has anybody done searching for a similar website? Even if they don't offer a few pennies off, a way of buying the nexus 5 would be most useful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Does anyone use flubit anymore?

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Nope. Its a big piece of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Proco Jr. wrote: »

I got a 6% discount offer on a Galaxy Tab yesterday but I think I'd need to be spending £200+ to make it worthwhile (time, Parcel Motel, warranty returns etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got a 6% discount offer on a Galaxy Tab yesterday but I think I'd need to be spending £200+ to make it worthwhile (time, Parcel Motel, warranty returns etc.).

i got 2% offer on the 8gig tab 3!

That's pretty good. Every time I tried to use them it never worked out for me. Good to see there are still some savings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

That's pretty good. Every time I tried to use them it never worked out for me. Good to see there are still some savings

I am getting a 2% saving on Amazon DSLR. Still more expensive than eBay.

We have had awful problems with returning a product.... It puts me off flubit completely.

Equates to £7.14 - €3.50 for Parcel Motel.

To be fair though, when Flubit started I think they were aiming towards laptops and TVs etc., for these items they may be able to offer more tempting savings (and make some money themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Saved 6% on a Kindle Fire HD, got it for £93.

Much slower response time than when I last used it (ages ago), was one of the main points in moving to amazon only not to increase response times?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sweetie wrote: »
    i got 2% offer on the 8gig tab 3!

Some things will be low margin for sellers to begin with, so I would expect a lot more off certain items. Also do not just look at the saving flubit tell you, if buying off amazon normally it will have irish VAT, so compare the flubit offer to the actual amazon basket price to here.

Also check you are not wasting your time on items they will never post here, 2 posts recently were about amazon not sending perfume, they do not deliver to NI etiher, only mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Ordered hp ink cartridges from flubit, supposed to receive on 21-03-13.
    still haven't received item?? did email support with item no.? no reply.
    Unfortunately, paid by credit card this time instead of paypal. Does anyone know how do i proceed to get a refund? My last order with flubit was also a disaster, should have learned the lesson. but claimed refund from paypal last time. Please stay away ffrom flubit, they havent got a clue how to deal with issues!!

Is Flubit still going!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

get onto your cc company and advise them that the goods havent arrived and seller not answering you. Ask for a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I ordered a router worth 150 quid from flubit back in the day. It kept losing all its settings when it was restarted and dropping the network connection - maybe twice a week? So I put in a complaint about it with flubit... they never even acknowledged my complaint, but a week later I got an unexpected parcel motel text - they sent out a replacement. Just thought I'd share, they may be working on the issue, sure would help to know about it, though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Quackles wrote: »
    I ordered a router worth 150 quid from flubit back in the day. It kept losing all its settings when it was restarted and dropping the network connection - maybe twice a week? So I put in a complaint about it with flubit... they never even acknowledged my complaint, but a week later I got an unexpected parcel motel text - they sent out a replacement. Just thought I'd share, they may be working on the issue, sure would help to know about it, though.

Similar issue as mine, placed order for a item worth £100, item never arrived, contacted them and they organize a replacement, a week later both arrived on the same day, but a few days later I received a 3rd item, I contacted them but they said to keep them all, I was looking for them to pay for return postage so they thought was easier for me to keep them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Was offered less than 2% on a £170 item. I think that's me done with flubit now. Orders gone missing, long waits, poor return service and now prices that don't even make it worth the risk with parcel motel factored in.

Advertisement