Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Taylor365 wrote:
    I love riven on opposite team. They always over extend :o
    Then 1 v 2 our top and jungler :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Koreans have taken to playin Ashe support, I've come across her in many games.
    The poke from here W, and vision from E, aswell as her slow and stun.....can be really annoying and difficult to deal with early game in conjunction with another ADC poking and hitting you down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Ashe dmg has noticeably increased. Played a couple of times against her last night and she just kept hitting for massive crits. Painful to play against

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

rawn wrote: »
    I keep getting dc'd. Happens to me and my bf when we play together on the same connection, it says "attempting to reconnect" forever, then says to check your firewall. Can't play another game until the game finishes. But then the match we got kicked from isn't in our history. Anyone else? Happens a lot, usually late.

Just repeating my post :P

Was talking to some LoL players the other night who have also had the happen a lot, they also happen to be on UPC, so I'm wondering if anyone else with this error has UPC too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Was talking to some LoL players the other night who have also had the happen a lot, they also happen to be on UPC, so I'm wondering if anyone else with this error has UPC too?

You were probably the victim of a drop hack. These have really started happening alot more recently - Riot issued a statement a little while ago

http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/ErvzMk1Y-increase-of-drophacks-may-2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Not had the problem over a recent weekend with 3 local LoL players on UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I have UPC and have 0 problems, have you tried opening ports? I needed to do that for xbox and other stuff with UPC routers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I have UPC and have 0 problems, have you tried opening ports? I needed to do that for xbox and other stuff with UPC routers

Yeah i went through LoL support for that and another problem i had with disconnects from pvp.net, probably connected. The pvp.net works sporadically now but still get kicked out randomly, it usually happens late at night, like after 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

rgfuller wrote: »
    Not had the problem over a recent weekend with 3 local LoL players on UPC.

Same here, except we had 10 players. Don't think its an ISP issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was playing as Ashe in a fairly even game. As we came to mid/late game and Teamfights started i found myself shoot at the brick wall that is Maokai. The only armour item he had was Ninja tabi, the rest was HP stacking with MR. I built IE, PD, Greaves, LW before the game was over and i just couldn't damage him.

He was hardcore zoning me so as an ADC he was pretty much the only thing i could attack. In this league of tanks does pretty much every ADC have to build BotrK? I know its not really optimal on some champs but man, this Maokai was laughing at me. He was also jungle Mao not top. Or is just a hard time being an ADC in the current meta?

Also, 8 game losing streak boys!

-Edit- 10 games now, new world record!? This game is a ****ing lottery, lets keep it going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was playin Ranked back and forth between NA and KR recently. Then I decided that I wanted to try Rengar.
    Went back to team builder for the first time in a long time......the difference in mindsets is so refreshing. People just out to have fun.
    As always there is the odd troll here and there, but for the most part it was a very pleasant experience :D

Also, how many normal games do you usually play on a champ before going into ranked ?

SeantheMan wrote: »

Also, how many normal games do you usually play on a champ before going into ranked ?

2 to 3 games in co-op bots to be honest :D Used to use team builder but its slow as hell for me now for some reason, and with normals you cant always guarantee your lane. Once i feel comfortable with the mechanics of the champ ill do a web search on a few basic things about that champ then dive right into ranked

Tried cinderhulk/black cleaver/warmorgs/thornmail/locket Vi

We won, but still don't recommend it :P

Was just in a game which my team where dominating. Took the middle inhib then my game crashed and was attempting to reconnect but my net connection was fine. Couldn't load back into the game as it said my firewall might be blocking connection but my smurf could log in and play games no problem. Came back an hour later and the game seemed to have ended since i logged into the main menu but there was no history of the game i just played. As if it had been wiped clean.

Drop hack?

Was just in a game which my team where dominating. Took the middle inhib then my game crashed and was attempting to reconnect but my net connection was fine. Couldn't load back into the game as it said my firewall might be blocking connection but my smurf could log in and play games no problem. Came back an hour later and the game seemed to have ended since i logged into the main menu but there was no history of the game i just played. As if it had been wiped clean.

Drop hack?

I get that nearly every day, i wouldn't think drop hacks would happen that often but i could be wrong. Fed up of it art this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Paul.k.b.90

Its drop hacks..was playing on my smurf in silver yesterday and the game was drop hacked..IN SILVER!!! LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

It isn't necessarily the case that your game was drophacked, supposedly whatever mechanism is used to carry out this thing is that one whole server or something is targeted so multiple games being hosted on one server can be affected. But this is only what I've heard from rather uninformed sources.

Played a game as Siver yesterday and I came out of lane with 5 kills. Picked up a few more in the mid game, I was fed and had best CS in the game. But once team fighting started not once did anyone on my team peel for me. I had a Maokai and Skarner on my ass constantly. So we lost the game anyway.

So I just woke up and i had a dream last night. I had a bow in my hand and i was running through my garden and house trying to kite a Maokai lol. League giving me nightmares now.

Why Hexakill not available for summoners rift? That's the best map for it, not that crappy one its on now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Obbly

Hey guys looking for people to play with ingame name is Walter044

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I've seen that term "peel" being used a lot recently. its amazing how terms just come into use all of a sudden :) isn't it just making space?
    I was playing a game where a guy was constantly going "peel for me!" as he ran way out of position because his game sense was terrible and I've seen it been used in very similar circumstances. To me, seems like another label people can attach in order to hide bad play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

BMMachine wrote: »
    I've seen that term "peel" being used a lot recently. its amazing how terms just come into use all of a sudden :) isn't it just making space?
    I was playing a game where a guy was constantly going "peel for me!" as he ran way out of position because his game sense was terrible and I've seen it been used in very similar circumstances. To me, seems like another label people can attach in order to hide bad play
    It is to say, peel you away from the enemy like the skin from an orange.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    It is to say, peel you away from the enemy like the skin from an orange.

yeah I get it but to me it isn't necessary. It seems more a phrase used so ppl sound like they know what they are talking about or an excuse

BMMachine wrote: »

I have heard the term since i started playing in S3 :confused: By making space you mean preventing a bruiser like Vi from wreaking your ADC? Then yeah you are right. A term has been coined for it and its called "peeling" I dont see the problem since there are many terms or sayings for actions in the game that have been cut short so everyone "gets it"

My problem is that players will use the label as an excuse for bad play. "why didnt you peel for me?" - umm, because you have no idea how to position yourself? thats the problem with labelling stuff like this. LoL and DotA are very open games and people tend to close in on very narrow aspects such as "peeling". trying to micro-label stuff like that to me is just insipid and to me adds another layer of bad play to get through if you are teaching.
    Ive taught a lot of players over my (holy f**k... 9 years... :eek: ) and the worst problem with guys that have played what they think is a long time is that they think they know it all and use those kinda terms as if to sound knowledgable "oh isn't that a tempo control hero" - yes, but why? I've had to break down to players exactly whats going on and what they are ignoring and more often than not its that kinda thing "I died here because my team didnt peel for me" just sounds like "I died there because the enemy got in a better position and read our movements better and imitated stronger".. then you try and break it down and because they have these terms nailed on in their head they never learn. Sure they might get average, or slightly above average but never really good. Don't label things and don't just use and follow the accepted line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Peeling is the act of one ally hero (usually a tank, bruiser or support) preventing or slowing down an enemy hero from getting to another ally hero (usually a carry).

If someone is complaining because their support Leona used her ult to last hit the enemy support while the enemy Renekton ripped off her carries face then they are justified in complaining about the lack of peel.

If however they ran into the enemy front line for whatever reason then complaining about peel is just a whiny excuse like you alluded to.

And FWIW it's worth it's not a particularly new term.

Ok i get where your coming from now breh.

Seifer wrote: »
    Peeling is the act of one ally hero (usually a tank, bruiser or support) preventing or slowing down an enemy hero from getting to another ally hero (usually a carry).

If someone is complaining because their support Leona used her ult to last hit the enemy support while the enemy Renekton ripped off her carries face then they are justified in complaining about the lack of peel.

If however they ran into the enemy front line for whatever reason then complaining about peel is just a whiny excuse like you alluded to.

And FWIW it's worth it's not a particularly new term.

to me, thats the basics of how to play (ignoring all the really basic 'rules of the game' if you get me, kill the towers, push the lanes etc.)

in one way I think its a product of LoL itself. LoL, imo, is very execution based compared to DotA. Its extremely tight in the team fights and a lot happens very fast with some extremely powerful moves (this can happen in dota but requires far more farm and items then LoL). So maybe peeling came from this tightness where space is at a premium in teamfights, especially with the vision wars which are bigger in LoL (everyone being able to have a ward/counter) instead of mostly your supports. Theres a constant bait - counter bait game being played and then blammo! it all goes down so you really have to be tight as hell. There is "peeling" in dota but i've almost never heard it being used (until recently actually)

You play both League and Dota, what is this madness!?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Took about a month before i knew what a gank was.

Everyone would say it in chat. I thought is was some demeaning phrase :pac:

Advertisement