Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help needed to finish setup of SPC 6330

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

max2013 wrote: »
    Hi

Still having the problems. when I use the above command it does not ask for username or password and just displays a picture direct from the camera.
    resolution is 1920x1080 it must be the mainstream, as I cant get the substreams to display.
    the formant is JPG File.

Thanks

If there is a user name & password set up on the camera the command string must send this every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 max2013

altor wrote: »
    Is there a string command in the manual off the camera?

the command strings I found in the manual are below and cant get them t work in the browser.

rtsp
    username:password at ip:port/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

ip:port/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

the command strings I found in the manual are below and cant get them t work in the browser.

rtsp
    username:password at ip:port/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

ip:port/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

I dont think they will work.
    The format for Siemens must end with the user name & PW

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

Hi

Still having the problems. when I use the above command it does not ask for username or password and just displays a picture direct from the camera.
    resolution is 1920x1080 it must be the mainstream, as I cant get the substreams to display.
    the formant is JPG File.

Thanks

Can you try in incognito mode if you use chrome or clear your cookies in case you set in the password earlier. I had this issue when I upgraded the fw in my cameras.If it is asking for username/pass it won't work.

This is the setup for one of my cameras. My resolution is 1280x720.
    camset_zpsrlj3sgow.jpg

thanks and will try it in the morning.

• Advertisement

Gabico wrote: »
    Can you try in incognito mode if you use chrome or clear your cookies in case you set in the password earlier. I had this issue when I upgraded the fw in my cameras.If it is asking for username/pass it won't work.

if I add the ip address in front of it and it works in browser.
    but does not work in the panel and also tried different combinations of it, still no luck.
    also tried lowering the resolution and its made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

if I add the ip address in front of it and it works in browser.
    but does not work in the panel and also tried different combinations of it, still no luck.
    also tried lowering the resolution and its made no difference.

It could also just be the camera.
    Not every camera is supported.

that's what I was thing and abit of a shame. many be in the future with firmware updates it may work.
    will keep the notes of the process and try when there is a new update.

Have still been trying and its started to work and I can view a snapshot in the same screen as shown by Gabico and settings. but still want display via the web login or any other tabs of the SPC software.
    in the cameras menus it say offline -[TCP Abort], many be a error in the software?

also can I use a external GSM dialler interfaced to the zone inputs on the panel to switch the alarm on and off via text?

Have still been trying and its started to work and I can view a snapshot in the same screen as shown by Gabico and settings. but still want display via the web login or any other tabs of the SPC software.
    in the cameras menus it say offline -[TCP Abort], many be a error in the software?

also can I use a external GSM dialler interfaced to the zone inputs on the panel to switch the alarm on and off via text?

A GSM can be added to your system.
    This way you can simply use text commands to control the system.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    A GSM can be added to your system.
    This way you can simply use text commands to control the system.

I meant a different brand of GSM stand alone Dialler as the price of the Siemens one has been going up over the years and low out of my price range.

it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, it also does voice and sms.
    I was wondering on the alarm zones on the expender, can I set them up to activate and deactivate the fullset on the alarm. the zone them self's don't have the option and do I need to use the trigger and cause & effect menus to do it. as I not done this before and don't know were to start.

using the outputs of the panel to the inputs of the dialler is easy as you just need to map them to the correct settings.

I meant a different brand of GSM stand alone Dialler as the price of the Siemens one has been going up over the years and low out of my price range.

it has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, it also does voice and sms.
    I was wondering on the alarm zones on the expender, can I set them up to activate and deactivate the fullset on the alarm. the zone them self's don't have the option and do I need to use the trigger and cause & effect menus to do it. as I not done this before and don't know were to start.

using the outputs of the panel to the inputs of the dialler is easy as you just need to map them to the correct settings.

The GSM may be more expensive but it will give you more functionality plus more information re zone activations.
    Using a genetic GSM you can set up a zone as a keyarm to set and unset remotely.

Using a generic GSM will be a bit messy and give you a lot less information. I have found the cost of Siemens GSMs have dropped since the SPC Connect service has been released. You can now have remote access and alerts for free so less people are bothering with a separate digi.

mod edit.

text removed, could be seen as advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Using a generic GSM will be a bit messy and give you a lot less information. I have found the cost of Siemens GSMs have dropped since the SPC Connect service has been released. You can now have remote access and alerts for free so less people are bothering with a separate digi.

mod edit.

text removed, could be seen as advertisement

I would have loved to use the SPC Connect, but the phone line come from pole to pole and connects to the side of the house low down and there is a flat roof which can be easy to get onto. that the only reason for having one.

All comms paths are vulnerable in one way or another. If you were to think like that for everything you would use none of them.
    My advice would be use what you have and make the most of it. Back up if you can.

I would have loved to use the SPC Connect, but the phone line come from pole to pole and connects to the side of the house low down and there is a flat roof which can be easy to get onto. that the only reason for having one.

In situations like that the line is vulnerable.
    I would use the GSM in conjunction with the line if plausible.

With abit more work and tinkering. it started to work on port 80 and resolution 1280x720.
    If I increase the resolution then its hit and miss of working.

But it still would not pick up the substream and tried a few different commands and they all don't work. many be the panel does not recognise the substream extensions. many be a function Siemens could add to a firmware update.

With abit more work and tinkering. it started to work on port 80 and resolution 1280x720.
    If I increase the resolution then its hit and miss of working.

But it still would not pick up the substream and tried a few different commands and they all don't work. many be the panel does not recognise the substream extensions. many be a function Siemens could add to a firmware update.

Hopefully this will eventually come.
    For long enough they told us only there own brand cameras will work.

Hi
    Been trying to work out how to setup 2 keypads to do different things. need help as I cant see the setting for partset.

I want the downstairs keypad to do FULLSET ONLY and activate output 6 when alarm is set only, if the alarm goes off to activate output 2 and 4 with no delay with EXIT/ENTERY DELAY.

I want the upstairs keypad to do PARTSET ONLY with selected Zones and activate output 6 when alarm is set only, if the alarm goes off to activate output 2 with no delay and output and 4 with 20seconds delay and with no EXIT/ENTERY DELAY.

Let me know best way to do this.
    Also thanks for all the help for the other problems I had and the information given.

Thanks

Have you set up output 6 as a mapping gate.
    That way you can set up triggers for part set or full set to trigger the same outputs.
    Do you want to totally restrict the respective keypads from having the ability to full set or part set?
    If so why?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you set up output 6 as a mapping gate.
    That way you can set up triggers for part set or full set to trigger the same outputs.
    Do you want to totally restrict the respective keypads from having the ability to full set or part set?
    If so why?

I wanted to restrict them because other family member don't pay attention when setting the alarm and press any buttons and then complain the alarm is not setting. this way they got only one choose FULLSET or PARTSET depending on the keypad them are on.

Also were can I edit the Zones that are included for PARTSET.

Thanks

It's not something I've ever been asked to do with an alarm.
    It could be done by splitting the system into areas.
    Say area 1 is perimeter zones and area 2 is internal sensors that are off at night.
    Full set would be both areas. The keypad upstairs could be restricted to area 2.
    Or you could use separate codes. Code 1 only has rights to full set. Code 2 can only part set etc.
    Part set for zones is set up in zone menu.

thanks for the help and thing I know now how to do it both ways now.
    will set it up and test it later on when one is at home.

Just one thing do the PANIC BUTTONS still work as normal in both area modes and unset state.

Yes

Just one thing do the PANIC BUTTONS still work as normal in both area modes and unset state.

Panic buttons will activate the alarm regardless of the area or it being set or not.

been playing around with it for a few days and its not as I hoped. I what down the 2 different area approach.
    1) on the front door keypad it say fullset and then say arm all areas to arm all the house.
    (is there a way to get around this so it fullset all zones as per normal, without the need to sellect all areas etc.)
    2) to disarm I need to disarm each area separately and need to enter code twice or key fob.
    (can this be setup disarm both at the same time)
    3) upstairs keypad is working ok as expected. on thing is I cant arm the contacted on the front door as then it will not work as exit timer when I do a fullset on the front door keypad.
    (would like to have multiple choose on sensor depending what area is activated.)

was thinking will setting as partset a better option or I can work out the problems with current setup. some of it does look like limitation of the software or if I am missing something.

If the code and keypad is set for both areas you will be able to control both areas. The options offered will depend on the system state when the code is entered.
    ie. If the system is unset it will offer full set all areas or you can scroll to select area.
    If all areas are set it will ask to unset system or which area in the same way.
    If only one area is set if will set the other area if set is selected.
    Likewise it will use the set area if only one area is unset and you select set.
    You could simplify it by having separate codes or fobs for each area.
    To get the front door on for both areas add a 3rd area. Put the front door only on that area and make it a linked area and link to area one and 2. Its then programmed to set if either of the areas are armed.

doing it via setting up areas did not really work and deleted everything and went with your other suggestion of using partset with different fob and pin which worked ok first time.
    only small error is keypad does not show entry timer on LCD and which was happening before but still you can hear the buzzer and its counting down. don't know why its not showing, but exit timer is working ok with buzzer.

• Advertisement

Is the keypad assigned to the right area?
    Have you looked at the audio options for that keypad via the browser settings.

Advertisement