Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Maternity Hospital for Dublin 15

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They're a government, not magicians. You want to bulldoze the flats around it to build a carpark?

Actually they did just that, they knocked flats on Dominick Street but shelved the plans to rebuild due to budget, the land is sitting there vacant and fenced off

Could easily be converted to temporary hospital parking as it is only around the corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Actually they did just that, they knocked flats on Dominick Street but shelved the plans to rebuild due to budget, the land is sitting there vacant and fenced off

Could easily be converted to temporary hospital parking as it is only around the corner

But it won't be because then DCC would lose revenue.

The current system is a shambles, you can park in the cinema car park for €6 per day if you get it stamped by security, but the car park closes at a certain time. My husband had to move the car out and park it outside the Rotunda for the night and then move it back the next morning before paid parking started, while he left I was rushed off for an emergency c section, it was distressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was talking about Temple Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

January wrote: »
    But it won't be because then DCC would lose revenue.

The current system is a shambles, you can park in the cinema car park for €6 per day if you get it stamped by security, but the car park closes at a certain time. My husband had to move the car out and park it outside the Rotunda for the night and then move it back the next morning before paid parking started, while he left I was rushed off for an emergency c section, it was distressing.

The land is owned by DCC so I am sure they could manage to make some money off it and improve the facilities near the hospital

That is a pretty horrible scenario that with a bit of will they could help alleviate, moving the hospital out to Blanch will help that somewhat but parking might still be an issue
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    I was talking about Temple Street.

Apologies, I see that now, given the thread title I assumed it was the Rotunda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Parking problems seems to common issue at a lot of hospitals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

beauf wrote: »
    Parking problems seems to common issue at a lot of hospitals.

Definitely. I'm a regular at both Temple St and Crumlin for my children and the parking is woeful at both of them. Crumlin isn't as bad as Temple St but you could still be waiting ages for a spot to become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

athtrasna wrote: »
    Why do some people just want to find an excuse to slag off the government instead of celebrating what this means for our area?

We knew the hospital was going to move out here, the expert advisory group recommended it months ago. This really is in the best interests of pregnant women and women undergoing treatment/investigations of a gynae nature. The Rotunda is old, overcrowded and in the middle of a not so great part of the city centre with next to no parking. Confirmation today that funds will be available for the move is massive and positive news!

As someone who lives in Waterville I also see this as a chance to escape negative equity being on the horizon and as someone with local business contacts I'm delighted at what this means for the area.

It truly is positive for so many. It also keeps our case for getting the national children's hospital out here. I still don't believe it ever will or should be built at St. James' hospital.

I agree with you on the bit in bold.

One of the recommendations re the childrens' hospital is that it should be co-located with a maternity hospital.

Connolly is now clearly the back-up option if planning falls through for James.

Advertisement