Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinking, consent, and rape

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

This seems at odds to your opening statement and general view in this thread.

There's a lot of truth in what you posted, but you're falling foul of the base rate fallacy in your outlook - not something I'd associate with someone who's statistically astute and willing to criticise their own thinking. There's so many broad streams of feminism, to simply silo them all together is pretty crazy in my opinion. There's just as much diversity in opinion there as there is between father's rights groups and that guy in Santa Barbara on the men's rights spectrum.

How about next time your on a date, you find out what kind of a "feminist" your date is and make a decision based on that? It's not quite putting your assumptions to "real hard test" like you're used to, but it's something I guess.
    It must be the type of feminists, I meet, correction feminists that find me, as I do not actively seek them out. I have bad history with them, so I get harass when I look for deeper information about their stats or comments about men bashing, and when I question their view of history a lot harder. Usually they start their attack and shaming then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Limklad, unfortunately you appear to be expanding the definition of those who ascribe to misandrist feminist ideology and extending to anyone who might label themselves feminist (often oblivious to the aforementioned misandrist feminist ideology) and then in turn to women in general.

As I said, I do agree that feminism is effectively 'broken' and has become, on balance, more a force for inequality than equality. And I recognize that there are a lot of bad eggs out there; the 'cake and eat it' brigade who'll cry equality when it suits and then hide behind the old Patriarchal stereotypes of women when they would prefer to avoid personal responsibility.

But not everyone is like that and while increasingly common, neither are the majority, IMHO. I'm not married. I probably never will be - it just makes no sense for a man to do so anymore, but I don't rule it out either.

So by all means trust but verify, but don't generalize about an entire gender. It's illogical and serves only to isolate you.

Anyhow, the War of the Sexes never made sense to me; too much fraternizing with the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keyma

To be honest im a bit of a feminist myself, to me it is an insult that she thinks a womans brain cannot function after a drink Im not an idiot i can make my own desions thank you very much, even after a drink as supprising as that might be to your girlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Drop her if you have not already done so, plenty more fish in the sea.

Advertisement