Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArcheAge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

went to play it last night

download took 1 hour
    then 20 minutes verify
    then 40 minutes to unpack

then got into the game. in a queue of about 4000 people....madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I've heard the F2P queues are a bit nuts alright. I'd say hold off a week and test it then.
    Most people who are getting annoyed at them (such as yourselves) will have left by then. Better to save the annoyance and try again a little later imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OK so ive sorted my crashing out [i think]
    Got my toon up to lvl 14,played to 10 in beta and im still hugely underwhelmed.
    I really really want to love this game, mmos are my favourite genre but the genre has let me down so often over the last 5 years or so with pretty much every mmo not worth playing past a month or two with the exception of wow.
    The class/skills system is very robust i will admit,the combat is okay i suppose but other than that everyone is saying the game is more about crafting than anything else.
    Since im not a fan of crafting can i get by without it?
    If anything i find it even more tedious in this game than others.
    I plan to play some more,i normally atleast max out a toon and sample whatever endgame is available before passing judgement on an mmo.

Im on Aier server btw, name Cully :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The way the game works I don't see it workable to merge servers at all. What happens if someone has built a house on the same coordinates?

Bingo. Unlike other MMO's, even those with player housing, Archeage's non instanced housing plots will cause a lot of problems with a server merge. New servers with first preference given to players without homes/farms is the only real solution.

Dcully wrote: »
    OK so ive sorted my crashing out [i think]
    Got my toon up to lvl 14,played to 10 in beta and im still hugely underwhelmed.
    I really really want to love this game, mmos are my favourite genre but the genre has let me down so often over the last 5 years or so with pretty much every mmo not worth playing past a month or two with the exception of wow.
    The class/skills system is very robust i will admit,the combat is okay i suppose but other than that everyone is saying the game is more about crafting than anything else.
    I plan to play some more,i normally atleast max out a toon and sample whatever endgame is available before passing judgement on an mmo.

Im on Aier server btw, name Cully :P

Have you got into PVP yet? That's what this game is really about. Ship wars etc.. Keep going and jump into some pvp. It's good fun.
    Also the general trolling of people with illegal farms is fun too.

As for what I said earlier about queues. I take it back. Queue for patrons is a bit nuts atm. 1600 when I tried to connect :(

Ahh well, sit in queue and off to do some housework for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The way the game works I don't see it workable to merge servers at all. What happens if someone has built a house on the same coordinates?

Server merges are really just mass-transfers, and any transfer in Archeage would involve giving the transferee lots of free BoP/BoA building supplies/crafting mats/IoUs for deeds/licenses equivalent to their current holdings and give them a pat on the back and a "glhf finding plot lol" :o

AFAIK this isn't really an MMORPG as much as the MMODC lovechild of Titan Quest and Epoch with a bit of Minecraft thrown in. It really should have a warning sign on the door saying "if you're allergic to DayZ and don't find the idea of being available 24/7 to scavenge or steal mats or protect your team's plot pole fun then you might not like this very much"

No pvp as of yet.

How long is the dungeon CD?
    I got a quest to get 3 necklaces in the first dungeon, but once you down the last boss you only get 1 necklace.
    Off i go and repeat it and i get a second necklace, get another group and intend to do my third run for the last necklace and im greeted to you have played this dungeon too many times please try again later.
    How idiotic is that?
    They give you a quest to repeat a dungeon 3 times yet dont allow you run it 3 times ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

you have played this dungeon too many times please try again later.
    How idiotic is that?
    They give you a quest to repeat a dungeon 3 times yet dont allow you run it 3 times ffs.

Are you a patron? (I'm not, just curious to see if it's one of those annoying limits they might try and get you to spend money on to get around).

Not yet, thought id try it out before subbing.
    Quite enjoying it though, its different for sure.

Trying to do the first trade quest but my plants and animals keep getting nicked, ill try again on a public farm.
    No problems puttign shicks on public farm but where can i put grapevine trees to grow safely?
    Quest says stuff has to be made is Solzeed or whatever the zone is called.

Not yet, thought id try it out before subbing.
    Quite enjoying it though, its different for sure.

Trying to do the first trade quest but my plants and animals keep getting nicked, ill try again on a public farm.
    No problems puttign shicks on public farm but where can i put grapevine trees to grow safely?
    Quest says stuff has to be made is Solzeed or whatever the zone is called.

I think you need to go to White Ardin (not sure of spelling) to plant trees. There's a tree nursery there north of crossroads. It's always packed but I always manage to find spots for much bigger trees than that.
    And don't worry about the level of mobs while getting there. It's an easy run.

• Advertisement

I went there but the quest says it has to be grown in Solzeed zone.
    Ill get on later to see whats what but the more i play the more i enjoy it.

Question, is there any point making alts?

I rolled paladin to start with but have evolved into archer/shadowplay for faster leveling but its cost quite a bit to change skill sets as ive sampled sorcery/vitalism/oculism too.
    Ill probably go healer at endgame or possibly tank.
    Im considering rolling purely to test more builds without getting broke.

Tempted to sub to this.

Holy hell ive been through some tough mmo launches but every single post on the official forums is complaints about queues.
    Rang my son too boot up PC and log me in @ 3pm and he says im in a 3 hour queue.

People on forums saying 3-4 hour queue on EU since 8am.

I went there but the quest says it has to be grown in Solzeed zone.
    Ill get on later to see whats what but the more i play the more i enjoy it.

Question, is there any point making alts?

I rolled paladin to start with but have evolved into archer/shadowplay for faster leveling but its cost quite a bit to change skill sets as ive sampled sorcery/vitalism/oculism too.
    Ill probably go healer at endgame or possibly tank.
    Im considering rolling purely to test more builds without getting broke.

Tempted to sub to this.

The Solzreed item needs to be crafted in Solzreed alright but you can gather the materials anywhere. The item itself is a "special" craft and can only be done at certain stations in each zone.

I admit, they are messing up with the queues big time. Heck I'm a founder / patron. I signed in at around 5pm to a queue of 2550. It's now almost two hours later and the queue is still over 1600.

Played a good bit over the weekend and havent enjoyed an mmo this much since wow vanilla.
    My only negative is the crafting,no doubt its insanely deep in a way that you can literally craft anything but for someone who generally doesnt enjoy crafting in mmos i find it tedious but anyone who enjoys crafting will love it.
    It really is a sandbox mmo with adventure everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Have the queues gotten more manageable yet? Don't want to subscribe until it is easier to get into. Newborn baby makes sitting at the PC for a 2 hour queue sorta pointless!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Have the queues gotten more manageable yet? Don't want to subscribe until it is easier to get into. Newborn baby makes sitting at the PC for a 2 hour queue sorta pointless!

Give it another day or two. They have the new EU server hardware and are currently setting it up and will begin tests on it after. That is supposed to help with queues.

Noxin wrote: »
    Give it another day or two. They have the new EU server hardware and are currently setting it up and will begin tests on it after. That is supposed to help with queues.

Baba is away Friday, so might be a gaming weekend for me!

I subbed to patron and longest queue at peak time was 4 mins.

I subbed to patron and longest queue at peak time was 4 mins.

What server? It's alot more than that on Dahuta and that is as patron. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some of my guildmates are on Kyprosa and they're saying up to an hour, sometimes more, as patrons.

• Advertisement

Aier

Well at peak, Dahuta can be 4 hours with Patron. Afaik it's the most populated server.

I once tried to log in and walked off. 6 hours later it connected. But that might have been when the patron status was bugged :P

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Anyone on Aier that can help me a lift to Austera? ^^

Ill have a tradepack so we would be a slight target lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone playing this at the moment? Only started as some friends decided to try it and after 2 days of play I hit the jackpot! (Low level jackpot anyway).

Was messing around in the mountains by Mahadevi last night when I found a secret tree farm. Was only about 15 or so rubber trees and was checking to see if any were ready when right in front of me one of them gets struck by lightning and gets turned into a thunderstruck tree. Seems it's worth about 700g at the moment so of course I took it!!

I do feel kind of bad as I've stolen it but hey that's what happens when you don't own land and pay your taxes. Worst thing is he'll never even know how close he was to getting it as my footprints are all that will be left! :P:pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone playing this at the moment? Only started as some friends decided to try it and after 2 days of play I hit the jackpot! (Low level jackpot anyway).

Was messing around in the mountains by Mahadevi last night when I found a secret tree farm. Was only about 15 or so rubber trees and was checking to see if any were ready when right in front of me one of them gets struck by lightning and gets turned into a thunderstruck tree. Seems it's worth about 700g at the moment so of course I took it!!

I do feel kind of bad as I've stolen it but hey that's what happens when you don't own land and pay your taxes. Worst thing is he'll never even know how close he was to getting it as my footprints are all that will be left! :P:pac:

I must get back onto it now, was waiting for the immense queuing to die down!

Got to 50 and bored silly since,if your into PvP it's ok ,I much prefer pve but sadly pve is lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

700g is enough to buy 10 months worth of Patron. Holy crap I didn't realise just how much that was until now! :eek:

Just crafter my clipper with two friends, launching the boat felt so good. Can't wait to start some cross ocean trade routes now. Really loving the game atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got to 50 and bored silly since,if your into PvP it's ok ,I much prefer pve but sadly pve is lacking.

This sadly is the inherent flaw with sandbox MMO's.

I'm level 50, have a clipper, Halsa 2 hander/bow/lute, the Mirage Island mount, no place to drop a land deed and enough gold to buy a few months worth of apex. Currently I'm farming guilda for a galleon but for the life of me, I not sure why :eek:

Yup, unfortunately if you ain't into PVP, you're missing out with this game. There is nothing more fun that stealing peoples trade packs and cashing in on them.
    Or chasing down a gallion full of people while we're on a crappy little clipper. We got annihilated, but it was great fun! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there full loot in PvP? (as in, you die and your gear can be taken?)

Nope, there's not. Just checked it there. Might give this a go this month, before WoD launches. It looks decent, but i just can't see myself getting hooked on an mmo again.

Advertisement