Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArcheAge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Sethanon wrote: »
    IRON is currently recruiting for Archeage

We are a international gaming community although most of us are from Ireland or the uk. While we play all aspects of games our main focus is PvP.

We are recruiting players of all levels of experience and ability... we prioritise irl over gaming as most of us have jobs and families.

Check us out at: www . iron-gaming.com

Our official Archeage thread:
    http:// forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?37690-IRON-Gaming-Eu-East.-Cats.-Meow.-or-Asian-looking-guys.-Or-Cats.../page2
    here is samples of us from GW2

www . youtube.com/watch?v=DvJMDR8NRjk

www . youtube.com/watch?v=9C02ALhHtrA

Any questions feel free to ask... I spend most of my day at work browsing here anyway :)

Sorry about the links.. new user :)

Seth

Spoke with one of your members on Dahuta. Sounded like a good bunch.

How many people do ye guys have playing Archeage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Sethanon

For Archeage, we have around 30-40 confirmed playing with a lot more undecided.

We are looking to have around 70 players for Archeage to ensure we can compete with all the other guilds.

Good stuff, my guild will also be rolling on Dahuta and we would be in a similar position to yourselves.

Let me know if ye guys would be interested in possibly forming an alliance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Sethanon

Let me know your character name and i'll contact you in game.

We already have 2 guilds joining for an alliance from GW2. DsD and VCY.

Note: we have some prime enemies from GW2 as well, especially VOTF, CON and Slay :)

Sethanon wrote: »
    Let me know your character name and i'll contact you in game.

We already have 2 guilds joining for an alliance from GW2. DsD and VCY.

Note: we have some prime enemies from GW2 as well, especially VOTF, CON and Slay :)

Cool,

What kinda numbers are they bringing?

Ideally we are looking to create a strong alliance in the game rather than just join up with one of the Zergs floating about.

We are Knightsofshadow.org. Some of ye might know the name, the guy I spoke to said he knew the guild in RF or lineage, cant remember which.

Ill be on TS after work, if your're free, hop on and we can chat about it.

Char name is Chojja btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So whos playing and whatcha think?

I'm really enjoying it atm. Currently playing a Demonologist but only level 25. Have two small houses in Hellswamp suitably placed to allow expansion of my 8x8 farms to 16x16. Just about have another 50 Guilda Stars so will aim for clipper next as there doesn't seem to be any room left for a farm house.
    Playing elf side on Dahuta. I think the majority are doing similar as myself and the guildies went to the far continent on a rumor of 100 illigal trees being guarded by around 5 people. We decided we'd kill em and steal. To my surprise, when we got over there, their housing plots were empty. Absolute tonne of space :(
    In general I'm really enjoying the mix of crafting / questing / farming. Anyone else on Dahuta?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Noxin wrote: »
    So whos playing and whatcha think?

I'm really enjoying it atm. Currently playing a Demonologist but only level 25. Have two small houses in Hellswamp suitably placed to allow expansion of my 8x8 farms to 16x16. Just about have another 50 Guilda Stars so will aim for clipper next as there doesn't seem to be any room left for a farm house.
    Playing elf side on Dahuta. I think the majority are doing similar as myself and the guildies went to the far continent on a rumor of 100 illigal trees being guarded by around 5 people. We decided we'd kill em and steal. To my surprise, when we got over there, their housing plots were empty. Absolute tonne of space :(
    In general I'm really enjoying the mix of crafting / questing / farming. Anyone else on Dahuta?

Founder? Or is it available to play yet?

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Founder? Or is it available to play yet?

Founder

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Hey, I finally got my internet sorted. Did anyone start playing yet and if so on what servers are you playing on? I'd be looking to join a guild or a small group of people to play with.

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Hey, I finally got my internet sorted. Did anyone start playing yet and if so on what servers are you playing on? I'd be looking to join a guild or a small group of people to play with.

Still offline here for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

So far is seems pretty awesome wouldnt mind joining up with a guild though. Seems like most of the really cool stuff is going to need a big group.

Also I saw a ship in the middle of the eastern continent last night. Harpoon travel eh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game is constantly crashing for me,beta was fine but its unplayable now.
    5 crashes in last 40 mins.

Dcully wrote: »
    Game is constantly crashing for me,beta was fine but its unplayable now.
    5 crashes in last 40 mins.

I had to sit in a queue for a total of 2 hours before I got disconnected. Guess I won't be playing tonight!

This is by far the most unstable game release ive ever played.
    I posted about my crashes on the support forum late lastnight.
    Checking the thread just now its 32 pages deep :eek: literally countless issues with this game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This is by far the most unstable game release ive ever played.
    I posted about my crashes on the support forum late lastnight.
    Checking the thread just now its 32 pages deep :eek: literally countless issues with this game.
    Not overly surprised; apparently the head start was completely botched as well; some people got in 45 min earlier than the official starting time, others could only get in 45 min later etc. and the game was unplayable for half the time. It may come down as one of the worst MMO launches ever if they don't get things sorted out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bruiserwicklow

havent had any problems at all except a few fps drops when there were a 100 odd people on the screen waiting to finish a quest.im mainly playing during the day though if that is making a difference.am enjoying it so far.

Apart from a slight delay in turning in quests, I'v had zero issues so far.

Dropping down from dx11 to dx9 and going windowed mode seems to have helped crashing.
    Shame really as my rig is well up to dx11.

Dropping down from dx11 to dx9 and going windowed mode seems to have helped crashing.
    Shame really as my rig is well up to dx11.

Not really had too many issues myself. The odd one or two but nothing game breaking.
    The DX11 issue is known. Some people need to drop to 9 for stability. I play on 11 and it's fine for me. They know about it anyway.

@Nody. Head start went pretty well for me. Yea there was a queue but we had 3 less servers than there is now. Still didn't have to queue for long myself. 10 min I think. The servers stayed up the entire time which is a feat in itself as every other mmo launch I've tried had the servers down a couple of times in the first day or two.

All in all, still so far so good for me. There can indeed be queues but hopefully they'll release a few more servers to sort things out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Have had no issues with the game running or crashing but I did have problems getting in during headstart and the plot I had picked out had already been taken when I got on.. Furious isn't the word as it's the only reason I got founder.

Damn these queues.....looks like that in order to try the game I'll either have to do it early in the morning or late at night.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I. Am. Going. To. Kill.

SIX HOURS in the queue.

ONE HOUR working out why the hell the client is freaking out and making my monitors go crazy while merrily blackscreening.

FINALLY get past character creation and the intro movie thing plays.

Game starts loading...

Raptr Overlay pops up its little F11 applet thingy and immediately locks up the client.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F***ING. HELL. ARE. YOU. DOING. IN. A. GAME. WHERE. YOUR. S***TY. ASS. IS. ALREADY. F***ING. DISABLED??!?!?!?!?

Estimated reconnection time: >12hrs.

I am honestly confused over whether I should delete Archeage or Raptr first. ALL OF THE RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

...in general though, this is making the Wildstar beta and launch look like a perfect game launch in comparison. Hell, its making Windows Millennium Edition look good right now. An utter botch, and the fact that after all the hype the server count for half a continent is still in the single digits and the count for one Asian country is over three times that implies that Trion have not done any of their homework at all. They're not even really attempting damage control at this point.

Solitaire wrote: »
    I. Am. Going. To. Kill.

SIX HOURS in the queue.

ONE HOUR working out why the hell the client is freaking out and making my monitors go crazy while merrily blackscreening.

FINALLY get past character creation and the intro movie thing plays.

Game starts loading...

Raptr Overlay pops up its little F11 applet thingy and immediately locks up the client.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. F***ING. HELL. ARE. YOU. DOING. IN. A. GAME. WHERE. YOUR. S***TY. ASS. IS. ALREADY. F***ING. DISABLED??!?!?!?!?

Estimated reconnection time: >12hrs.

I am honestly confused over whether I should delete Archeage or Raptr first. ALL OF THE RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

...in general though, this is making the Wildstar beta and launch look like a perfect game launch in comparison. Hell, its making Windows Millennium Edition look good right now. An utter botch, and the fact that after all the hype the server count for half a continent is still in the single digits and the count for one Asian country is over three times that implies that Trion have not done any of their homework at all. They're not even really attempting damage control at this point.

These queues are just stupid....trion needs to add a ton of new servers, even now there's a 2000 people queue.

The problem with adding new servers to the game is diluting the playerbase. This game NEEDS heavily populated servers or it's no fun. You need to see people in the wild.

They add servers now and in a months time when 50%+ of the people leave they will be left with empty servers like so many other mmo's at launch.

The queues will die down or you can get patron and get in much faster. Not the best thing but if you really want to play it is worth getting it anyway.

Having too many servers at launch is a mistake that far to many MMO's make but in this case Trion really has to few. Making players wait over an hour to log into the game is not going to make them stick around.

You can always merge a few servers after a certain period of time after the hype dies out.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

So are there any guilds up on Dahuta recruiting atm?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    You can always merge a few servers after a certain period of time after the hype dies out.

This. Its not simple and for a queuebie MMO it results in short-term loss of profit as well as the cost of running the extra temp servers, but the emphasis is on "temporary". Get people in the door, give them shortish queues and then reshuffle the servers and give out free transfers to rebalance server populations as you move toward the intended permanent server setup.

These queues seem like a cheap cash grab at best and a sign of utter callousness and laziness at worst. Short-term profits will be grossly outweighed by pushing away half your potential playerbase at launch and turning what few servers you have into ghost towns a few months down the road, as people who wanted to give the game a spin before subbing or paying for stuff end up walking and not spending a penny.

• Advertisement

The way the game works I don't see it workable to merge servers at all. What happens if someone has built a house on the same coordinates?

Advertisement