Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workout plans for women

Options
  • 18-09-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    I know of website like bodybuilding.com and other for guys looking for good workout plans but what is the best site to get a gym workout plan for a women, for the purpose of fitness modling,

The person in question works out 6 days a week and is already in good
    condition but is just looking to take it up a level,

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Irish gal teaming up with some top notch trainers for a 12 week online program...

http://www.tarasjourney.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thanks for the reply, but i think you have to pay her for work out plans,
    Its must be very fustrating for women as there is endless workout plans for men but hardly any for women trying to add o muscel and get ripped, nearly all are weight loss

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Thanks for the reply, but i think you have to pay her for work out plans,
    Its must be very fustrating for women as there is endless workout plans for men but hardly any for women trying to add o muscel and get ripped, nearly all are weight loss

Thanks

...There's nothing at all stopping you doing a workout for "men" .. all the exercises are going to be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

God forbid you'd pay for something valuable.

God forbid you'd pay for something valuable.

Online fitness coaching though?

It's about as silly as paid online swimming coaching imo.

• Advertisement

I can understand people saying it's worth paying for and it is helpfull,
    But surely if you have a good understanding of the exercise's and there availabe online for free that's the best way to goThe problem is just finding ones for women, Lads ones are easy to find and follow,
    I know girls and guys can trian the same but there are different goals, like women for example would concentrate more on glutes than most men ,

Also don't understasnd the need for snotty replies ,what's the point aren't we all here to try help people if they don't understand something ?

Thanks for the replys

I can understand people saying it's worth paying for and it is helpfull,
    But surely if you have a good understanding of the exercise's and there availabe online for free that's the best way to goThe problem is just finding ones for women, Lads ones are easy to find and follow,
    I know girls and guys can trian the same but there are different goals, like women for example would concentrate more on glutes than most men ,

Also don't understasnd the need for snotty replies ,what's the point aren't we all here to try help people if they don't understand something ?

Thanks for the replys

Then program in more glute work? you can, and should change the programs around to suit your own needs & goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I guess it depends what you want to achieve and what you enjoy. I'm a woman and 3 days a week I do weights including bench press, lat pull down, bent over rows, tricep kickbacks, arnold press, squats, lunges, lying leg curls. 2 days a week I run on the treadmill and do some planks and stretches.

This works for me as I really enjoy it. It's really no different to what a man's workout would look like as far as I know... except the weights are a bit lighter?

PS Don't destroy me for not deadlifting, I have a fear of injuring my back!

I guess it depends what you want to achieve and what you enjoy. I'm a woman and 3 days a week I do weights including bench press, lat pull down, bent over rows, tricep kickbacks, arnold press, squats, lunges, lying leg curls. 2 days a week I run on the treadmill and do some planks and stretches.

This works for me as I really enjoy it. It's really no different to what a man's workout would look like as far as I know... except the weights are a bit lighter?

PS Don't destroy me for not deadlifting, I have a fear of injuring my back!

Pretty much what the other half does,
    If you don't mind me asking what rep range would you work in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Pretty much what the other half does,
    If you don't mind me asking what rep range would you work in ?

I do three sets of up to 12 reps for each. I try to make the weight heavy enough so that I can't quite do three full sets... Once I can manage it, I put the weight up another notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Homemadecider it's interesting that you mention you make it tough to do 3 sets. I do 3 sets of 10 and lift heavy enough so I can just about finish the first set. Take half a minute break or alternate with other exercises and go back to a second set afterwards

I wonder am I pushing myself too hard? Tho I do enjoy it that way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Homemadecider it's interesting that you mention you make it tough to do 3 sets. I do 3 sets of 10 and lift heavy enough so I can just about finish the first set. Take half a minute break or alternate with other exercises and go back to a second set afterwards

I wonder am I pushing myself too hard? Tho I do enjoy it that way.

You're supposed to take breaks or do sets of other things in between, yeah. 1-3 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

bluewolf wrote: »
    You're supposed to take breaks or do sets of other things in between, yeah. 1-3 mins or so

Depends on what your goals are:
    If its endurance you'll be taking ~30sec rest and doing ridiculous amount of reps 15+
    If its hypertrophy you'll prob stay within the 60-90sec rest range with about 6-12 reps
    If its power or strength orientated you'll be doing 1-5 reps with 2-5mins rest.

There are so many varitations that can be used on a training plan for a guy or gal...but.....It all depends on what the persons goals are and what they are trying to achieve from their program.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sorry! Yes! I meant she sounded like she was asking should she never take a break and i was saying what ones i did

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yip that's what I was saying alright Bluewolf.

Thanks guys, good to know.

Advertisement