Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Probiotics

Options
  • 02-07-2015 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good probiotic supplement that actually works?

I'm a bit skeptical of some of the big brand reviews online, but I don't mind paying for something that does what its meant to!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Sorry I should add that I'm lactose intolerant so can't take the yoghurt drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What are you looking to get it for?

I use Bio-kult and find it really helped my bloating issues!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    What are you looking to get it for?

I use Bio-kult and find it really helped my bloating issues!

Thanks, mainly for bloating, do these work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Yes, along with a good diet! I take 2 a day. They do take a few weeks to work though. Alflorex is also very popular. I tried it for a month and found no difference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Threelac is the best I've ever used and made a big difference . Actually gets into the gut unlike some . Pricey though but worth it

Probio7 is good I find for bloating issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

If you really want the very best Pro biotics you should be looking at your food intake, the absolute best thing you can do in this regard is to make some Sauerkraut.

http://nourishedkitchen.com/homemade-sauerkraut/

Its really very simple, failing that just go into one of the Polish food stores and buy a jar, it costs next to nothing. I use it on my salad and also it yummy with a German Sausage and Mustard. It has massive amounts of Pro biotic in every spoonful and will always be better than any supplement.

youtube! wrote: »
    If you really want the very best Pro biotics you should be looking at your food intake, the absolute best thing you can do in this regard is to make some Sauerkraut.

http://nourishedkitchen.com/homemade-sauerkraut/

Its really very simple, failing that just go into one of the Polish food stores and buy a jar, it costs next to nothing. I use it on my salad and also it yummy with a German Sausage and Mustard. It has massive amounts of Pro biotic in every spoonful and will always be better than any supplement.

I don't think most store bought has any probiotics, I've been reading a lot of different things online, which is why I asked here!

I bought some of the first kind suggested, biokult, homemade sauerkraut probably is something I should look into as a long term solution/aid, thanks

Advertisement