Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Slattsy wrote: »
    If the breathing op Binocular had recently has brought about some improvement then he def has a chance this year.

I think you might be right, it will make a massive difference, they don't do these fixes for no reason, if it works he could win by 10-12 lengths but im small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Oddschecker showing 4/5 Big Bucks with Blue Sq. Can't find it on the iPhone app though.

Oddschecker showing 4/5 Big Bucks with Blue Sq. Can't find it on the iPhone app though.

1.74/1.76 on Betfair

Looking at Oddschecker & Betfair I'm gonna say Mikael is Pricewise in the World Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

1.74/1.76 on Betfair

And still red...
    Thousand stars red at 9, currently 6 and red on blue square

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Did thousand stars not beat binocular at aintree and punchestown last year
    And some said he's not gd enough so that must make both of them

newuser89 wrote: »

Did Grand Finale not beat Sindarr first time out in 2000? Obviously the wrong horse was made champion 3yo colt that year

Oddschecker still showing 4/5 Big Bucks but only 4/7 on Blue Sq website

Weak on Betfair

newuser89 wrote: »

Did Grand Finale not beat Sindarr first time out in 2000? Obviously the wrong horse was made champion 3yo colt that year

Is binocular 3 years old :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Oddschecker still showing 4/5 Big Bucks but only 4/7 on Blue Sq website

Weak on Betfair

Amazing! Master Minded started 1/3 a few years back and that was after being smashed at Aintree they previous back end.

What does BB have to do to start odds on, not that I'm complaining mind but I must be missing something. Surely he's a 5s on shot if he is there fit and healthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

Dying to see where Colm Murphy plans to send Voler le vedette if they go to cheltenham. I think she's a totally different horse this year (since she lost her virginity :) ). She has won all her races this year with a lot in hand. If she goes in the World she'd be great place value or without Big bucks.
    I also think she'd beat Quevega this year (thought that before and was WRONG !! :( ). I just think her form this year is very very strong . I know for a fact they absolutely lumped on Mourad twice as the WP yard was very confident and she belittled him both times. She's also turned over The real article, Final approach and Mikael who since has won 3 times. !
    The negatives- Not sure Cheltenham suits. Also not sure the fast ground will suit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I also think she'd beat Quevega this year (thought that before and was WRONG !! :( ).

You'll be wrong again this year I'm afraid. Quevega is a different league. I've long wanted to see her take on Big Bucks, although her beat trip is probably 20f.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Quevega is a good thing, why back against her. Unless your looking for value then bet without her.
    VLV needs soft ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Huntey wrote: »
    Moon Dice for the County Hurdle at 20's.

I like this one as well but is it a cert that he'll go for it? Was very taken by his run in the Greatwood given how badly he was bumped around.

Who has pricewise put up? Carlito Brigante is blue all across oddschecker today. Would be a strange choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Huntey wrote: »
    Well he may be top class in your eyes but he will always find a couple better at the top table so I would be inclined to simply classify him as a very good horse, no more than that.

I remember having this discussion before the Christmas Hurdle and stated that this myth of Binocular getting back to what he was is just that, a myth. Apart from the odd inconsistent performance, which he was always prone to, there is no evidence to suggest he has declined whatsoever. If you look at what he beat a few years back they have been shown up as very exposed horses and will realistically need significant improvement to win this years CH.

We will see if he is good enough in 2 months anyway.

Is the Champion Hurdle and grade ones of which he has won four not the top table??

Are Istabraq and Hurricane Fly on their own at your top table?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paddy Power had Big Bucks for the World Hurdle at evens for 10 minutes earlier. Didn't see what the terms were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Seen Nicholls said on Twitter Q@A that if he would back any horse besides his he would back Sizing Europe. Dont usually do ante post accums but thrown a tenner on four i think will win for interest. €10 pays €660. Sizing Europe, Hurricane Fly, Quevega and Sprinter Sacre. Like the look of Moon Dice also and does anybdoy know what race Samain is going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'll be getting on Sizing Europe as usual, he's won me so much money since his win in Cheltenha last March (14/1 :cool:) so I will be staying loyal. Been told he could be running on the 5th Feb.

Argento and gold cup double for grans crus @ 12-1 on b365

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ste2010 wrote: »
    Argento and gold cup double for grans crus @ 12-1 on b365

That is a shocking bet tbh, he is 2/1 for the Argento, so you are only getting 100/30 for the GC, can you actually envisage a performance that would warrant him been cut that short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That is a shocking bet tbh, he is 2/1 for the Argento, so you are only getting 100/30 for the GC, can you actually envisage a performance that would warrant him been cut that short.

Was just about to post saying the same thing. The very shortest he will go after the race is 5's or so, and I think you can get 9/4 for sat. Horrible offer which will undoubtedly sucker in some punters

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Not exactly a special for the Festival for seen this on Twitter.
    Setantabet @setantabet
    5m
    Place a Min €10 win bet on any #Cheltenham race this Sat and if your selection finishes 2nd, we'll give you a free €5 bet on the GOLD CUP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Anyone any views on Make Your Mark? Looks a promising type. Looks like he is heading to the Neptune. Most likely a chaser in the making.
    Ante-Post so far i have.
    Make Your Mark - average of 20/1
    Hidden Cyclone around 30s
    and a couple of small bets on Quel Esprit at around 90 for the gold cup.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Was just about to post saying the same thing. The very shortest he will go after the race is 5's or so, and I think you can get 9/4 for sat. Horrible offer which will undoubtedly sucker in some punters

Premierstone/hulkhands thank you for spotting my stupidty..it would be no surprise if you thought I worked for bet365...just did the calcs on potential returns, that is surely gangsterism by all accounts...An actual double selecting them singly right now would return nearly 100% more winnings

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Premierstone/hulkhands thank you for spotting my stupidty..it would be no surprise if you thought I worked for bet365...just did the calcs on potential returns, that is surely gangsterism by all accounts...An actual double selecting them singly right now would return nearly 100% more winnings easy to see I don't lay...something I'm
    Interested in starting all te same

Premierstone/hulkhands thank you for spotting my stupidty..it would be no surprise if you thought I worked for bet365...just did the calcs on potential returns, that is surely gangsterism by all accounts...An actual double selecting them singly right now would return nearly 100% more winnings

No bother, easy mistake to make. The first thing that a lot of people will think is 'thats decent, cos he's 8's now and he'll have to win on saturday for them to go for the GC'. It's what they hope happens when specials like that are put up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Premierstone/hulkhands thank you for spotting my stupidty..it would be no surprise if you thought I worked for bet365...just did the calcs on potential returns, that is surely gangsterism by all accounts...An actual double selecting them singly right now would return nearly 100% more winnings easy to see I don't lay...something I'm
    Interested in starting all te same

Yea but you can't do an actual double as its a related bet surely?

Woops my mistake, 23/1 the double on PP! Sorry!

only1stevo wrote: »
    Yea but you can't do an actual double as its a related bet surely?

Woops my mistake, 23/1 the double on PP! Sorry!

It's 26/1 on Boyle's (surprised).

If you back that, and then GC goes onto win the Argento, you would imagine he would go into about 6's or so for the Gold Cup on the exchanges after the race.

Taking a price of 6/1, if you layed off to lose the amount you would win on the double, you would get a profit of 3.5 times your original stake i.e 7/2.

So if you want to risk tying up a bit of cash between now and March 16th, you can have GC at 7/2 on Saturday rather than 2/1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've only done a couple so far,

Supreme - Cinders and Ashes 20/1
    Bumper - Hold Court 40/1 (Not really sure if this one will run but had a small bet on it anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Bookies won't let you put that double on surely, the reason the odds for the double is 12s is because they are linked.

Who did pricewise go for today? Forgot all about it this morning and no RPs left in the local shop this evening.

Anyone else think Hisaabaat is a huge price for the Triumph @ 55 on Betfair?

Advertisement