Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crossfit ireland vs crossfit dublin?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,051 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

peteclarke wrote: »
    What is €100 in euro?
    Check his sig, (Location: Bondi...) he is in Australia. So his $100 would probably work out at something like 50euro????

Red Cortina, maybe you haven't heard, but the euro isn't worth crap these days.

$100 is about 70euro
    What I pay is $29 or 21euro a week. Must try to get it reduced tbh, its like 1500 a yr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Great new Crossfit open in Walkinstown, its really worth a visit. The coach is the best I have seen. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.
    well done you win for most obvious shill.

Great new Crossfit open in Walkinstown, its really worth a visit. The coach is the best I have seen. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.
    The funny part is, posts like this only undermine the coaches ability, rather than promote it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You need to see more coaches. NO idea who's behind it, but I know a brand new gym definitely doesn't have the worlds best coach.

But well done for undermining the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Transform wrote: »
    well done you win for most obvious shill.
    Mellor wrote: »
    The funny part is, posts like this only undermine the coaches ability, rather than promote it
    Hanley wrote: »
    You need to see more coaches. NO idea who's behind it, but I know a brand new gym definitely doesn't have the worlds best coach.

But well done for undermining the gym.

Hang about, if a new poster came on here raving about Revfit, LIA, or whatever transform does, would the same posts be tolerated?

Shill? More than likely a friend trying to do something helpful, albeit unauthorised. Or maybe it's just bad marketing? The latter should be easily understood around here, I thought that marketing isn't a dirty word 'round these parts anymore.

• Advertisement

discus wrote: »
    Hang about, if a new poster came on here raving about Revfit, LIA, or whatever transform does, would the same posts be tolerated?

Shill? More than likely a friend trying to do something helpful, albeit unauthorised. Or maybe it's just bad marketing? The latter should be easily understood around here, I thought that marketing isn't a dirty word 'round these parts anymore.

Pipe down there sport. It's been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Something helpful would be telling his friends directly rather than pulling up a post from two years ago and it's his/her second post

Im all for marketing, advertising when its done right.

"Whatever transform does" - Im still trying to figure out what i do (you have to wear multiple hats in this business) so thats bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Pipe down there sport. It's been done to death.

The boss speaks.

Signing up just to promote a business/product/whatever is shilling, and it's banned sitewide, no matter what the subject. Intentions don't have to be malicious.

If a new poster was digging up threads to post about RevFit, then I'd have made the same point about undermining the coach more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Came in for a browse & came across this. Shame that anyone feels the need to shill on behalf of D12Crossfit & thus paint it a poor light. I just joined last month & am loving it. I don't have enough experience to say if we have the best coach ever ever in the whole wide world :D but he's definitely very good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

an innocent / casual remark paints nobody in a bad light.
    This idea of coaches (or anybody ) being underminded by a remark on an semi-anonymous forum is laughable.

who writes this fcuking rules ffs? on how preception works?

an innocent / casual remark paints nobody in a bad light.
    This idea of coaches (or anybody ) being underminded by a remark on an semi-anonymous forum is laughable.

who writes this fcuking rules ffs? on how preception works?

The person making the perception?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

The person making the perception?

fair enough.

so for people (not specifically yourself) to make claims of undermining the coach seems a bit "absolute" given that perception is subjective from person to person.

I am a fitness consumer and i thought it ok if a little too enthusiastic.
    I also run a business (not fitness related) and I thought it was still ok.

fair enough.

so for people (not specifically yourself) to make claims of undermining the coach seems a bit "absolute" given that perception is subjective from person to person.

I am a fitness consumer and i thought it ok if a little too enthusiastic.
    I also run a business (not fitness related) and I thought it was still ok.
    You're obviously talking about my comment.
    Where did I attempt to say it was absolute???
    In my opinion digging up a thread to shill is counter productive for that business.
    That's just my opinion, after 5 years modding a forum here I think it's fairly valid, but by no means absolute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

after 5 years modding a forum here I think it's fairly valid, but by no means absolute

appeal to seniority?

just a general question , but who is the lloyd irwin of the fitness marketing world? is there some guru in ireland making 100000s teaching the likes of ye how to internet peddle your wares?

appeal to seniority?

just a general question , but who is the lloyd irwin of the fitness marketing world? is there some guru in ireland making 100000s teaching the likes of ye how to internet peddle your wares?

The real question is who thought Llyod Irvin.

appeal to seniority?
    Hardly, unrelated forum. And there's no such thing as rank here. Just seen it far too much,
    No idea, but given recent events, I wouldn't like to be the Lloyd Irvin of anything

Advertisement