Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions using a DA for the first time...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

myshirt wrote: »
    But, but... you enjoy every minute of it :)

Sometimes :p

Other times it can be a nightmare....but at the end of it all, when the car gets it's protection put on, and it's wheels out into the daylight, it makes it all worth while! :D
    It's great standing back and think...DA-YUM, it looks good! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Say for instance;

I fully detailed my car about a month ago (rinse, wash, rinse, de-tar, wash, rinse, clay, wash, rinse, dry, 3 layers of SRP, and a layer of AG EGP). If I want to wash my car again now - what's my best plan of action?

Do I want to remove the sealant, polish again, and seal again? or do I just snow foam, wash, and rinse?

I dont want to do the whole process again (yet) because it took me the bones of a whole weekend to do. The car still looks very shiney and very well, it's just a layer of dust on it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

No you don't want to remove it! That's supposed to last as long as possible.

If you're going to snowfoam, use a diluted foam and when washing, use a small amount of shampoo. The less of these 2 things you use, the less chance there is of stripping anything off.

Also do a panel at a time and don't let the shampoo dry in or it will remove everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

In future, you'd be better doing one coat of SRP and 3 of EGP. Polish offers no protection. 3 layers of EGP should last a good while.

Curran wrote: »
    In future, you'd be better doing one coat of SRP and 3 of EGP. Polish offers no protection. 3 layers of EGP should last a good while.

Yeah but 3 layers of SRP will fill ALL THE HOLES including the panel gaps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

So if i give it a light snow foam and clean... dont suppose I can top it with another fresh layer of egp at this stage? maybe even a wax?

So if i give it a light snow foam and clean... dont suppose I can top it with another fresh layer of egp at this stage? maybe even a wax?

You can top it up with any protectant/sealant/wax you want but it may not be necessary. When you hose it down for the final time, you'll see what the beading is like but I would often apply another coat of wax for the craic whether it needed it or not :D

Just don't use polish because that will be a waste of time and will make sheeeeet of your protective layer.

Advertisement