Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Drumpot wrote: »
    I sometimes get upset when I hear sad things on the radio or see a sad thing on tv . . Im happier now that I can actually get upset then the numb, dull feelings I used to have . .

For me, right now crying is an integral part of dealing with my inner feelings that I have still not figured out how to express.

You are completely correct on the module. It has already started for you . . I remember when I started the breathing techniques I got some really good tips and advice from a meditation app. It stated that many people think they have failed at meditating because they don't always get the same sense of peace/relaxtion that they expect every time they try. Instead of trying to focus on where you would like to get (peace/serenity), try to focus on where you are and what you are doing.

I think for me it was the same with CBT. I stopped trying to focus on what I thought peace and happiness was in life, I stopped focusing on trying to be there and just started to focus on working on things in my life to help me make some progression . .

When I get knockbacks, instead of thinking "well f**k CBT" or "F**k life", I try to take a step back from whatever it is that has me in that frame of mind. Sounds like I know it all right ? Wrong, this can take me a day, a week and sometimes its not as simple as I am writing it. However, because I know have the gift of wisdom ("I know that this sh*t will pass"), while I might feel like sh*t for days, I know that my life can/will improve. .

I remember hearing that phrase "this too shall pass" . . Made me think of Gandelf holding his staff in the lord of the rings, on that bridge with the giant fire devil and he says "You . . . .. shall not pass". Always brings a smile to my face, but I think its quite an appropriate metaphor. Sometimes the waves of anxiety/fear/hopelessness can make me feel like I have to battle a giant firedevil who I couldn't possibly hope to defeat. It killed Gandelf but he was reborn wiser and braver then before . .

Yeah Ive been numb before and am now crying at lots of stuff! It's good to feel emotion. I do yoga so know how helpful breathing is, and I started using it in normal life recently. But today it took a weight off. I get chest tightness and now I feel like my lungs are actually getting all the air in :)
    I love that "this too shall pass" mantra - I use it a lot anyway. As a sensitive introvert I personalise stuff and over think things. But I've learned from experience that most things pass and not to get too bogged down.

I was remembering today a self help thing I read about not worrying about stuff till you have to, or certainly not spiralling. eg. "I'm worried about X" then acknowledge its a worry, but dont dwell on it until a) you have to or b) something changes that you need to address it. I've a lot going on right now and dont think I realised how much I'm worrying about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hey stinkle I know it wasn't directed at me but thanks for reminding me of the 'this too shall pass' mantra I need to use it today x

it's a good one isn't it? The reason I like it is that it reminds me I've been there before but age and experience means I know it's not the end of the world

stinkle wrote: »
    it's a good one isn't it? The reason I like it is that it reminds me I've been there before but age and experience means I know it's not the end of the world

Yes it's excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

What's the best person I should go to in relation to panic attacks and anxiety? I went to a psychologist before when very unwell publicly. I went to a psychotherapist first session got nothing from him. Went to a couple sessions with supposedly a counsellor and finding it no good. I'm getting panic attacks again aswell as high anxiety I dunno how I'm going to face work on Monday. I reckon I'll be kept out of work. I'm on a cocktail of medication for the same issues and I should just stop (I won't I know not to)

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »
    What's the best person I should go to in relation to panic attacks and anxiety? I went to a psychologist before when very unwell publicly. I went to a psychotherapist first session got nothing from him. Went to a couple sessions with supposedly a counsellor and finding it no good. I'm getting panic attacks again aswell as high anxiety I dunno how I'm going to face work on Monday. I reckon I'll be kept out of work. I'm on a cocktail of medication for the same issues and I should just stop (I won't I know not to)

I would go to your gp to discuss the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Small positive today. Rang counsellor. Talked for a bit re what I need out of all this therapy business.

Im going to sign a pledge with him Friday to keep my weekly appointments for CBT/MINDFULNESS training. We are going to start from the beginning again now that I have had sometime to get the head round it all.

I now realize it is not an overnight success and it may take sometime to rectify a lifetime of unhappiness and self loathing.

DRUMPOT thanks you're post gave me a bit to think about :)

Could really do with some words of encouragment. I took a xanax a couple of hours ago, the lowest dose. I suppose it has taken the edge off the anxiety. I've had it for 24 hours and wish it would fk off excuse my French but so hard looking after my three kids with this. Really hoping it passes soon its utterly soul destroying when it pops up out of the blue like this. I took on a friends problems last week she had bad anxiety and that coupled with my brothers anniversary of his death has most likely contributed to this blip.but at least I can see where it came from. When I was very sick last year I couldn't see what contributed to it and I suppose that's where the benefits of psychology comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

handbagmad wrote: »
    Small positive today. Rang counsellor. Talked for a bit re what I need out of all this therapy business.

Im going to sign a pledge with him Friday to keep my weekly appointments for CBT/MINDFULNESS training. We are going to start from the beginning again now that I have had sometime to get the head round it all.

I now realize it is not an overnight success and it may take sometime to rectify a lifetime of unhappiness and self loathing.

This is great news , good on you . .

I hope you find your training gives you the support/tools you need to feel better. . .

For me CBT has been of immense help but it hasn't completely "fixed" me, but that's ok. A lot of the problem I find is that I do lapse into older habits , forgetting tips or suggestions I learned at my therapy.
    This morning I got to the stage where I was anxious, dreading the rest of the day and just wanted to goto bed. . I put myself under immense pressure to live up to my expectations, but I am self employed and people do rely on me!
    So I spoke with somebody close to me about how I feel and I looked up some information about a meditation class that I have marked in my diary. I feel much better now. . I have been thinking about meditating for years, but never did it. But where once I would use that as a stick to beat myself up, I know feel a sense of excitement that I have something to look forward to trying.

My point is that councelling and CBT are tools to help guide me in recovery, but they aren't the entire answer. Its only when I take action to try and use the tools I learned, that I get the benefits of therapy.

Even when I was at CBT one to one therapy I found in some sessions that I wasn't learning anything, but I was. I might of only remembered one thing from a session, but it was one positive thing I included in my life that helped. I tried not to set really high expectations of where I would be in x weeks/months. I just tried to remain focused on the fact that I was actively trying to take positive steps to get well.

I also try not to compare myself with others on how I perceive things. This is something that used to drive me mad . . I would see other people happy and wonder why I couldn't be happy if I thought I had more going for me then them. .

I learned that the smile on a persons face may not be a reflection of how their life truly is. . Afterall I was the master at disguise. Friends and family were gobsmacked when I told them how unhappy I really was. I could consistently put on a brave face and look like I should be in "person most satisfied with life" category . .

The truth again was that I was looking at things around me and letting these things control how I felt. Don't like my job - I feel unhappy. Don't like others being happy - I feel sad. Don't like pretending to be happy - I feel lonely . .

Another little thing I have learned is to trust my doctor and/or therapist when they say I am making progress. They see progress in me that I do not see myself. I constantly refer to their wisdom because it was my own negative thinking about myself that had me stuck feeling low. Its this same negative thinking that had me feeling so hopelessly low this morning . .

Lastly, reading your post has sincerely made my day. Thank you . . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

lukesmom wrote: »
    Could really do with some words of encouragment. I took a xanax a couple of hours ago, the lowest dose. I suppose it has taken the edge off the anxiety. I've had it for 24 hours and wish it would fk off excuse my French but so hard looking after my three kids with this. Really hoping it passes soon its utterly soul destroying when it pops up out of the blue like this. I took on a friends problems last week she had bad anxiety and that coupled with my brothers anniversary of his death has most likely contributed to this blip.but at least I can see where it came from. When I was very sick last year I couldn't see what contributed to it and I suppose that's where the benefits of psychology comes in.

Medication was my answer for my anxiety until I learned a lot of things about myself that still ring true today. .

This time last year I can tell you what might of happened if I had a similar morning to today (see post earlier today).

I haven't been getting much sleep lately because I have very young children (three children five and under!) and they all seem to be unsettled at night at different times! Lack of sleep makes me extremely unsettled even when other things in my life are alright !

This morning I had major disappointment in work, followed by really distressing news about a family member. . Some other small stuff was beginning to make it feel like everything was starting to go against me (Dog is unwell, car is starting to cut out etc etc )

Last Year

Last year I would be already groggy from the sleeping tablets I would be on for my sleeping deprivation. So after another zanex (to go with my anti depressants), I would be really zonked and unmotivated to do anything. By the time I sort of got some of my senses back I would feel guilty (for not getting much work done), tired and sad that it was another wasted day. I would also be dreading tomorrow.

Going to bed I would be praying that the sleeping tablet would work (because sometimes my anxiety would be too much and override its benefits). Waking up tomorrow in most cases I would have that usual sense of dread of the day to come!

This year

Despite not getting much sleep, I am actually sleeping better then I did with sleeping tablets. I get to sleep on my own and don't dread going to bed like I used to (used to dread the thought of trying to get to sleep because many times I would be tossing and turning all night!). That's if I wasn't having sleep paralysis, panic attacks or both while asleep!

At different stages this week I have had anxiety attacks of sort, but nothing like they used to be. I am not on any medication for sleeping or anti depressants. Don't use any zanex and I am here typing this to you. I can honestly say I am now looking forward to getting out to my office to get some good work. I don't even worry about sleeping and don't dread tomorrow.

If you are looking for encouragement I hope you can see if I can do it, there is a good chance you can too. Life can get in the way of my wellbeing - children, job, family, unforeseen events . . However, I try as much as I can to accept that while I cant control everything that happens around me, I can work on controlling how I react to them. I try to manage how these things make me feel.

As I had said before, there was no quick fix solution for me and I still struggle a lot in my life. However, when I try to do things (or pick myself up) on my own, I struggle the most. It takes me longer to get back on an even keel. When I reach out and use the supports I have built up I find that I can get myself back to a more balanced grounding far quicker.

My support network includes:

1. Friends who I now trust to discuss my true feelings. been surprised by some friends who go above the call of friendship with support!
    2. Family - they still struggle with understanding my pain, but even just saying to them "I don't feel good today" helps
    3. My G.P. who I have confidence in and feel he supports me
    4. My Therapist, who I don't see regularly but know is there if I need a topup
    5. My children. I can now get so much more comfort out of hugging them even when they don't have a clue whats going on. I am able to enjoy their company so much more now, that in itself is comforting!
    6. My pets - always there looking for a walk or for their rabbit tray to be cleaned. Surprisingly good at taking my mind off things, particularly sweeping up their crap!
    7. Exercise. Havent been doing this as much lately but its something I fall in and out of love with, but its a help
    8. Meditation - just added to the list, cant wait to give it a go. I know one of the key things to this (and other things in life) is to not expect perfect, instant results everytime.

I think there might be others, but combined these things mean I am not reliant on just one thing to pick me up. I don't put it all on CBT to fix me. If my doctor is away on holidays I don't panic, I have plenty of other options to try out.

My exact list of supports are not things other people should be worrying about. I remember somebody saying "I don't want a pet". Its not about copying my list, its about using the things in your life you trust and enjoy to try and be a part of something bigger that can help lift your mood.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is great news , good on you . .

I hope you find your training gives you the support/tools you need to feel better. . .

For me CBT has been of immense help but it hasn't completely "fixed" me, but that's ok. A lot of the problem I find is that I do lapse into older habits , forgetting tips or suggestions I learned at my therapy.
    This morning I got to the stage where I was anxious, dreading the rest of the day and just wanted to goto bed. . I put myself under immense pressure to live up to my expectations, but I am self employed and people do rely on me!
    So I spoke with somebody close to me about how I feel and I looked up some information about a meditation class that I have marked in my diary. I feel much better now. . I have been thinking about meditating for years, but never did it. But where once I would use that as a stick to beat myself up, I know feel a sense of excitement that I have something to look forward to trying.

My point is that councelling and CBT are tools to help guide me in recovery, but they aren't the entire answer. Its only when I take action to try and use the tools I learned, that I get the benefits of therapy.

Even when I was at CBT one to one therapy I found in some sessions that I wasn't learning anything, but I was. I might of only remembered one thing from a session, but it was one positive thing I included in my life that helped. I tried not to set really high expectations of where I would be in x weeks/months. I just tried to remain focused on the fact that I was actively trying to take positive steps to get well.

I also try not to compare myself with others on how I perceive things. This is something that used to drive me mad . . I would see other people happy and wonder why I couldn't be happy if I thought I had more going for me then them. .

I learned that the smile on a persons face may not be a reflection of how their life truly is. . Afterall I was the master at disguise. Friends and family were gobsmacked when I told them how unhappy I really was. I could consistently put on a brave face and look like I should be in "person most satisfied with life" category . .

The truth again was that I was looking at things around me and letting these things control how I felt. Don't like my job - I feel unhappy. Don't like others being happy - I feel sad. Don't like pretending to be happy - I feel lonely . .

Another little thing I have learned is to trust my doctor and/or therapist when they say I am making progress. They see progress in me that I do not see myself. I constantly refer to their wisdom because it was my own negative thinking about myself that had me stuck feeling low. Its this same negative thinking that had me feeling so hopelessly low this morning . .

Lastly, reading your post has sincerely made my day. Thank you . . :)

Exactly I spent the last 10 to 15 years trying to be the same as everyone else. Regards working, relationship having children ECT. But maybe that's not what i am meant to do while im here.

Like you said I'll never be 'fixed' as such just hope I'll be able to find coping mechanisms.

Long is the journey

Oh yeah sent through hell last year so if I can get through that I'll get through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

handbagmad wrote: »

do you mind me asking what type of counsellor you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've signed a no suicuide contract with the person I see. Don't make me feel no better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dougalbear

Does anyone know if AWARE are still doing the online meetings any more?? I used to find them very helpful. Feeling really low at the moment mostly due to being unemployed again after a short stint of employment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Finally got a new appointment for psych, somewhat relieved, oh i hope i get somewhere this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've just had a baby, and it seems I'm suffering from post-natal anxiety and panic disorder. I've seen the GP a few times and, while he's diagnosed what it is, he's reluctant to prescribe anything. But it's twelve weeks now (the longest twelve weeks of my life!) and it's getting no better. I'm seeing a mental health consultant in my maternity hospital tomorrow morning.

I just need to get sorted. I'm starting to feel so angry at myself for feeling this way, and so guilty that it's affecting my baby. I've noticed that, when I've had episodes of panic when in public (and I've had a couple of major meltdowns, while out alone with him), he has slept all the way through them, even if he's not due a nap. In general he does that - the lower I feel, the better he behaves. I'm worried he does it because he's scared of me when I'm like that. :( And I would never ever, never in a million years do anything to hurt him - thank god I've never felt that way, I'd actually have to check myself into hospital or something if I ever felt like that!
    I had a horrible experience around 5am this morning where I had what felt like an intrusive thought, an auditory hallucination and the tale end of a dream all rolled into one. It just kept 'playing' over and over in my head until I listened to music to drown it out. Also I know playing music to drown out a sound not actually there shouldn't make any sense but I have exploding head syndrome (yes it's really called that) and listening to music on my ipod always somehow silences the hallucinations. It doesn't affect me much these days but I used to have auditory hallucinations every night as a teenager (possibly because I never got enough sleep).

This is a thing?! :eek:

I've just Googled auditory hallucinations. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to me a few nights ago, as I was lying in bed at 5am after being unable to sleep all night. I heard my boyfriend's voice right behind me saying "shakey shakey shakey", but I turned over and asked him and he was up feeding the baby the other side of the bed and had said nothing. I said that I must actually be going properly insane ... and he said that it was past tense, I've already gone insane. In hindsight he was joking, but it didn't feel that way at the time. I was convinced I was gone proper batsh*t crazy.

And then I was at a baby massage class that I go to every week, and at the end of it there's this wee ritual where you pick up the baby's feet and shake them while saying "shakey shakey shakey". I'd never thought of that at the time. It somehow made me feel better that it had come from somewhere, that it wasn't just in my own head ... because it seemed a really sinister phrase to pop in there! :/

My big fears:
    - I'm afraid to seek help in case my baby will be taken from me. The PHN assures me that this would only happen in the most extreme cases, where the child is obviously in danger (and she says she's not concerned about that in my case.)
    - Cot death. Oh god, I'm so afraid of this. I was at a paediatric first aid course today, where the paramedic was telling a roomful of mothers and new babies about coming to a house to find the child blue/grey and it being too late to do anything ... I could have done without that imagery. :( I'm constantly checking his breathing, and absolutely freak out at my boyfriend if he ever inadvertently breaks any of the guidelines (e.g. if the room is too warm, or if he leaves a bib or something in his cot, or doesn't have him down at the end of it.)
    - I will have a heart attack or stroke when my boyfriend is at work, and he'll arrive home to me dead and a baby that hasn't fed in hours. I'm a perfectly healthy young woman - no reason to worry about this - but I do.
    - My boyfriend will leave me over this. Or, worse (in a way), fall out of love with me but stay there for the sake of the baby. He is so reassuring but I still worry. I certainly couldn't put up with me at the moment!
    - I work in a stressful job. I absolutely cannot imagine going back there in July. But I don't have a choice, we need the money. The PHN suggested that if I'm not ready, we can organise a sick cert without actually saying exactly what's wrong with me. But that's not the solution either. Staying at home all day with only my own thoughts isn't exactly helping!

It's all, what-if, what-if, what-if. It's terrifying, the amount of horrible thoughts that go through my head a million times a day. And then sometimes it just overwhelms me and I go into full-on panic mode.

Today was the first day that, as well as feeling anxious and worried, I actually felt really low, sad, angry at myself, guilty at how I'm feeling and the fact that I can't just, well, cop myself and and stop feeling this way. And if I heard someone saying that, before all this happened, I'd know that they shouldn't feel that way at all and it's all outside their control. Hard to reassure yourself when you're in that position yourself though.

As the PHN said, I'm actually doing well because I'm seeking help so early, I can see that there's a problem. She said often women are several months or even years in before they can admit that.

I just want to be fixed, I want to be able to enjoy this time with my baby. It's so precious and goes by so quickly.

I'm just so thankful I've been able to bond with him fine, no issues there. I love him to bits. He is amazing. But I need to get myself better to be the best mum that I can to him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Haven't moved today, not one ounce of motivation to do so.. Down now of course because of the guilt and laziness.. Will say one thing, the intrusive thoughts are less likely to pop up when i'm alone. That's good in one way, but will it further my avoidance of people?. A few of you have mentioned intrusive thoughts, any of you find this?.

Hope ya all get rest tonight and are as well as ye can be..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jabberwocky_I

Haven't moved today, not one ounce of motivation to do so.. Down now of course because of the guilt and laziness.. Will say one thing, the intrusive thoughts are less likely to pop up when i'm alone. That's good in one way, but will it further my avoidance of people?. A few of you have mentioned intrusive thoughts, any of you find this?.

Hope ya all get rest tonight and are as well as ye can be..

Try not to be too hard on yourself. I've had several of those days lately - some days I've been unable to lift my head off the pillow. I understand the guilt as I've felt it too, but, I think you're doing amazing by managing to maintain things as you are (knowledge of this is based on your posts)
    I'm glad you've got an appointment to see a psych and I hope it goes well for you.

I really get where you're coming from re intrusive thoughts...I find that the less time I spend around people, the less intrusive thoughts I get. I'm inclined to avoid people when I'm feeling this way as a result, although I don't think this is healthy at all.
    I hope you get some rest.

Thanks Jabberwocky, yeah that's exactly why i think the intrusive thoughts could lead to me closing myself off. That's worrisome because contact with others to some degree keeps me together, like i behave properly, as it were, around others.. Think i'd turn a bit savage on me own.

• Advertisement

Bleh. Am a bit unnerved and annoyed. Hope no one minds my small (possibly oversensitive) vent here. I just got a passive aggressive work-related email which seemed to be blaming me for something that was nothing to do with me whatsoever. I replied, pointed out that it wasn't anything to do with me and thanked the sender for the heads-up, so feel ok about handling it. Just don't like how it makes me feel.

I think I mentioned here before that I have been bullied before but managed to move departments which has been great. I'm by no means saying that I'm being bullied again or anything, just that my confidence took a knock before as I was always being blamed for stuff going wrong then too. So something like this has a very negative effect, and seems to upset me more cos I've been happy enough in the new place to-date. Now, on a Friday evening, I feel a bit anxious about Monday and having to face these people/person even though I did nothing wrong and have explained myself. I feel like a bit of a child explaining myself though.

Am trying to put it in perspective after my (one!) go at CBT. Trigger: work issue. Feelings: a nuisance, in the way, stupid. Physical Reactions: stomach lurch/dread, some tightness, general "here we go again" sadness. Behaviour: I considered working on weekend/coming in extra early to avoid run-ins. So avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Unfortunately stinkle, people follow the path of least resistance so if they think you're a soft touch or won't stand your ground people will start walking all over you. You did exactly right there, I suspect a younger version of you might have internalised it. Just keep chalking out your space and don't let anyone over the lines you'll be okay :)

pinkstars wrote: »
    do you mind me asking what type of counsellor you go to?

I see a psychotherapist. It took me a while to find one im comfortable with. Most have different methods.
    Not long back from a session. Tired a lot of stuff covered.
    Health ailments acting up since yesterday.
    Hope don't stay too long.
    I will take things day by day

Well done handbagmad, i am thinking about a return to some form of therapy - will ask psych when i go to appointment, but i guess cbt type thing would probably be best.. Did you meet with various psychotherapists off your own bat or were you referred or what?.

Well done handbagmad, i am thinking about a return to some form of therapy - will ask psych when i go to appointment, but i guess cbt type thing would probably be best.. Did you meet with various psychotherapists off your own bat or were you referred or what?.

To be honest Grem I met a few of my own back and thru gp and mental health system through the years but I always thought oh talking\therapy doesn't work for me so I never gave it a chance really.

Now I have a different attitude ie: well it won't do any more harm to go talk to someone once a week and maybe I might just get something out of it.

Im not holding back this time as i did before all of my 'madness' in all its glory has been laid out on the table. A lot of which and i never realised goes right back to the age of 4/5 years old.

Yeah, i've been resistant to every step tbh. Took me years to get to a doc, then accept medication, then even consider talk therapy and listen to a mindfulness cd.. Stubborn to the last!. Have appointment back at the hospital towards the end of the month, will try have a few questions ready.

Yeah, i've been resistant to every step tbh. Took me years to get to a doc, then accept medication, then even consider talk therapy and listen to a mindfulness cd.. Stubborn to the last!. Have appointment back at the hospital towards the end of the month, will try have a few questions ready.

Yep that's me too. Stubborn out.... I now think as im getting a bit older a lot of my stubbornness is born out of fear. I dunno really but I know I want to make a good attempt at it this time.

Unfortunately stinkle, people follow the path of least resistance so if they think you're a soft touch or won't stand your ground people will start walking all over you. You did exactly right there, I suspect a younger version of you might have internalised it. Just keep chalking out your space and don't let anyone over the lines you'll be okay :)
    thanks! Yeah I definitely would have internalised it. I don't think I have room to internalise any more stuff lol!

Its hard to gauge an email tone, and just cos I was subject to similar stuff before doesn't mean this instance was malicious but I felt like a bold kid. I got an apology there anyway yippee! It doesn't sound much but I'm starting to take less and less crap lately and its good to get s result.

In other news, I had to have a conference call earlier for a potential job. It was just a test before the real dark to make sure our technology is working. Well no one could hear me, despite the mic etc. Ended up postponing til Monday and went out to get a better headset thing. Works grand now. Bit cringey that my stuff wasn't up to scratch (I did check beforehand). Anyway, I won't dwell on it.

Yeah, over the years i slowly realised that problems were not going anywhere, and i had so much locked up inside it was causing other even physical problems.. It's a long damn road but committed as much as i can be to it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety by my doctor a little over a month ago. I was prescribed 20mg of Prozamel a day and have to say that difference it's made is amazing. The only thing that I've noticed (that may or may not be related to it) but I'm constantly tired and have to nap for 2/3 hours during the evening. Getting out of bed in the morning is hard and I wake at least 5 or 6 times during the night. Anyone else had this reaction?

On a brighter note I finally have been getting a break from crying every day which is nice :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement