Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Educogym-Any good?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 willyg

I'll tell you what he could have to lose, he could get sucked in to the gym by those offers and slick sellers and end up on one of those very expensive seminars that their master Tony Quinn runs, he could lose everything as has happened to too many people in the past who got involved with Quinn and educo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Water_Walker

If there is something specific that you have in mind such as gaining muscle mass or losing weight and if you have an iron will or laser like focus or want to develop one then they would be the folks to check out. Their emphasis is based on you and helping you get the results you want and they have a system for getting you these results and it works, but it requires you to be really ready to achieve what you want; fluffy wishful thinking isn't going to get you there.

They aren't a social gym where you can lounge in and do what you like or one where you can go to socialize. Their premises have only one goal...getting you to the goal you came to them with.

If you have something in mind, go for it. They are the right people for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

If there is something specific that you have in mind such as gaining muscle mass or losing weight and if you have an iron will or laser like focus or want to develop one then they would be the folks to check out.
    If you had the will and focus, then wouldn't the services these guys offer be totally unnecessary? You could just put the work in yourself in a regular gym, and manage your own diet.

As I understand it, you're paying a premium for them to micromanage your weight loss efforts. Somebody with will and determination would not need this micromanagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay Farrant CPT

Hey guys Im going to honest here , I did a bit of work for Educogym before I started my own Personal Training business .

IMHO
    The training programme is rubbish unless your a bodybuilder ,but even then it still isn't the best .

Why would you have people who are 60-70lbs overweight performing side shoulder raises with 5lb weights just pointless .

Some of the trainers have never done a Fitness Course and are not even Certified .

Supplements : They sell you every Supplement under the sun and the quality of them is poor and over priced.

The "Time Machine" Is basically a bunch of Isolation machines chucked together , but made out thats its the best thing since sliced bread.

Price : Easy over ...

Summary . Good for a bit of motivation , but thats about it . your better of spending your cash somewhere else where your going to get some long term benefit (Books,Gym Membership,Personal Trainer etc).

Hope that helps guys . I have worked in a couple of the Educo Gyms around Dublin So feel I have a valid opinion on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GarrettP

I am a member of the gym almost two years and have battled with my weight most of my life . I joined Educo in Sept 09 and lost almost 2 stone and better still I have kept the weight off my waist size dropped from 38" to 34"and my body fat from 24% to 18%. I have tried all the gyms and fads for losing weight and this is the only gym that as worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TPR86

GarrettP wrote: »
    I am a member of the gym almost two years and have battled with my weight most of my life . I joined Educo in Sept 09 and lost almost 2 stone and better still I have kept the weight off my waist size dropped from 38" to 34"and my body fat from 24% to 18%. I have tried all the gyms and fads for losing weight and this is the only gym that as worked for me.

The educo diet alone will cause weight loss . No carbs and no sugars . Your going to lose weight no matter what you do on that.

As for the training it isn't great but it's better than running around a park for 40 mins and the crap you get given in most commercial gyms.

Dont take this the wrong way I admire people like you who want to change and look good ,but in two years you should have dropped allot more body fat than 6% and to only lose 2 stone in 2 years really says it all for educo gym.

If you work it out you have lost 1.6 lbs a month . Not that good really when you think of the money you are paying for the "training" and "nutrition" advice

I know exactly how educo gym works as I had the pleasure to with with them for a few months and its one big con. They sell you supplements that you don't need and blame you when you put weight on because you didnt stick to there crazy diets .

Imo do some research and find a good Personal traininer and invest some money into that . Long term you will save money and get better results . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Cool story bro :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Long time lurked on this site and just having a look at this thread this morning.

Check out the YouTube link below for Educo Gym Ireland. Feckin hilarious, especially the before and after photos towards the end. Are they even the same people. Love the combo of before amateur shot followed by professionally taken after shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoGo5_agGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PS hope the link works correctly. Posting from my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I wish more girls like that worked out in my gym :D that blonde at the start looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

They might bring in more punters using White Goodman's style!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOC7Cj7Ru8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Long time lurked on this site and just having a look at this thread this morning.

Check out the YouTube link below for Educo Gym Ireland. Feckin hilarious, especially the before and after photos towards the end. Are they even the same people. Love the combo of before amateur shot followed by professionally taken after shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoGo5_agGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PS hope the link works correctly. Posting from my phone.

oh thats Thirsten - clearly still quite delusional!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TPR86

That video is classic lmfao . Butch of models swinging out of machines . Can I just say that an educogym "Highly certified trainer" has to complete a 12 mintue ONLINE test to become qualified .

SHOCKING :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Haha, also one of the trainers looks so skinny that he looks like he could make due with his only personal trainer :D

I'll back TPR86 on his reply, pretty poor results for the money you'll have spent. Stay clear of any attempt to get you on a seminar with Quinn, believe me, i've been sucked in and will be paying for it for a long time yet.

TPR86 wrote: »
    That video is classic lmfao . Butch of models swinging out of machines . Can I just say that an educogym "Highly certified trainer" has to complete a 12 mintue ONLINE test to become qualified .

SHOCKING :eek:

Quinn talks about excercising the muscle and not the weights, those models arent excercising either cause theres no weight on it, just another con.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 caoimheb04

I joined educo for 3 months. I will admit I was sceptical at the start especially after looking here for advice first bit I was desperate and they were close by with huge success pictures on the front of their building! I started at only a size 12 looking to drop a stone and a dress size. After only 3 months not only did I drop to a healthy size 8 I also got definition in my back arms and stomach and can now squat 90lb! The diets are tough at times but so is any new diet. It completely changed my outlook on healthy eating. So before ye call it a fad or waste if time give it a trial run it really is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

caoimheb04 wrote: »
    I joined educo for 3 months. I will admit I was sceptical at the start especially after looking here for advice first bit I was desperate and they were close by with huge success pictures on the front of their building! I started at only a size 12 looking to drop a stone and a dress size. After only 3 months not only did I drop to a healthy size 8 I also got definition in my back arms and stomach and can now squat 90lb! The diets are tough at times but so is any new diet. It completely changed my outlook on healthy eating. So before ye call it a fad or waste if time give it a trial run it really is amazing!

Pile of pisssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

4 years dormant & the thread gets resurrected with a 'it works for me' story??? Nonsense comes to mind! Absolute charlatans.

Advertisement