Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mustang 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Have to say i'm intrigued by the price, it's not bad at all for the Ecoboost. Very limited options online though, not even a wheel choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

More expensive than I thought it would be, I will have to wait about 8 years before the prices come down to something more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Important question... Will it have the sequential indicators in ireland???

If not, not interested! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'l buy one when they'e 8 years old. Like the last 45,000 euro car I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭FamousBelgian

More expensive than I thought it would be, I will have to wait about 8 years before the prices come down to something more realistic.

to all those who think the V8 is expensive at 62k look at the price in Holland:
    € 112.195

and the 2.3 starts at just 55k. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

goz83 wrote: »
    If te US car is costing circa €22k for the eco boost and Irish prices are going to be twice that? Wouldn't it make sense to import? Or would they be charging vrt of 20k to prevent this? A LHD wouldn't bother me.

Sure, it could be possible to buy a RHD in the USA from factory......

Its exactly what I thought it would cost Chris. I still wonder about the possibility of buying stateside and bringing one in. Now that we have the Irish price, does anyone know how much it would end up costing if one was ordered in the states in a RHD and shipped here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Also worth a mention that the Mustang in the USA is only $1,790 more expensive than the Fusion (Mondeo).

But here in Ireland, it's slightly more at €17,000. Robbing fcuks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Roughly speaking, is the Mustang around the same size as the Mondy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jesus. wrote: »
    Roughly speaking, is the Mustang around the same size as the Mondy?

The Mustang is slightly shorter but a little bit wider. It's also rear wheel drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

• Advertisement

At €2,350 / annum motor tax, its safe to assume you won't be seeing many of these

Should have been offered with TDI V8...

6.7 V8 Powerstroke TDI out of the F450 would've been a nice option. (400BHP and 1,000NM)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The ecsboost is 750 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ION08 wrote: »
    At €2,350 / annum motor tax, its safe to assume you won't be seeing many of these

Should have been offered with TDI V8...

6.7 V8 Powerstroke TDI out of the F450 would've been a nice option. (400BHP and 1,000NM)

The 2.3 is 750...but I reckon it's not going to be a common site on our roads all the same.

Would be quite different cars, but it would be hard to look past a 4 series for a Mustang if what the journalist says about pricing is correct.

Some people would just prefer the Mustang tbh

Mostly men in their 50s with brown leather jackets.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    The ecsboost is 750 ;)

750 what? NM?? ... nowhere close!

Edit: oh you meant motor tax ..... yeah but its no V8 :(

750 what? NM?? ... nowhere close!

Edit: oh you meant motor tax ..... yeah but its no V8 :(

750 p.a. to tax. You read the whole article dude?

750 p.a. to tax. You read the whole article dude?

I did, but you were quoting my post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

In love!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

The UK pricing is:

£29,000 for the 2.3 litre and £225 annual tax
    £33,005 for the 5.0 litre and £500 annual tax

Feckin' VRT :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Some people would just prefer the Mustang tbh

Mostly men in their 50s with brown leather jackets.

Or females who just happen to love Mustangs :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I love it

marathonic wrote: »
    The UK pricing is:

The UK's unextortionate tax makes me want to cry.

Why cant we have nice things?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Why is there no V6 option ?

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Why is there no V6 option ?
    Because it has inferior perfrmance to the 2.3 ecoboost and the motor tax in this beatifull country of ours would be extortionate seeing as its a V6

Should have made the ecoboost crossplane at least, would have a more fitting sound for a muscle car.

The vast majority of cars in this country are so f*cking boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

marathonic wrote: »
    The UK pricing is:

that 4 grand is so minuscule in terms of purchasing a new car that Id struggle to find any justification for the ecoboost.

that 4 grand is so minuscule in terms of purchasing a new car that Id struggle to find any justification for the ecoboost.

Yeah, let see if the difference will be as miniscule over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Yeah, let see if the difference will be as miniscule over here.

It isn't - it's €16,000 difference here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

R.O.R wrote: »
    It isn't - it's €16,000 difference here.

:( VRT is the buzz killington of the car industry

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭FamousBelgian

OSI wrote: »
    3309868721.png
    Yous have nothing to complain about:
    348516.png

This is already getting a mild facelift in the US for the 2016MY which features indicators incorporated into the hood vents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

80% of British Mustang buyers have ordered the v8, So what will the percentage be for Ireland 10%?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/first-right-hand-drive-ford-mustangs-roll-off-flat-rock-production-line/ar-BBm2IqO?ocid=MSN_UK_NL_MO35

hi5 wrote: »
    80% of British Mustang buyers have ordered the v8, So what will the percentage be for Ireland 10%?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/first-right-hand-drive-ford-mustangs-roll-off-flat-rock-production-line/ar-BBm2IqO?ocid=MSN_UK_NL_MO35

I would imagine that once the Mustang "purists" have gotten hold of their V8's in the UK , the Ecoboosts will start to level out against the V8's as time goes on.

As for Ireland? We'll be lucky to see 80 V8's in this country never mind 80"%"

Feck this government and its extortionate Tax rates to hell. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As for Ireland? We'll be lucky to see 80 V8's in this country never mind 80"%"

If 5 people buy Mustangs in Ireland and 4 buy V8's, that's 80% :D

If 5 people buy Mustangs in Ireland and 4 buy V8's, that's 80% :D

Well yes , by that logic if just 1 is sold and it's a V8 it would be 100% , even so I think it would be wishful thinking tbh :D

They were due in Sept. That still the case anyone know? Have deliveries been made in UK yet?

Does anyone know someone getting one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

I wouldn't mind test-driving one.

But there's no way in hell I'd ever afford one, and it'd be churlish of me to go to a dealer and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

They were due in Sept. That still the case anyone know? Have deliveries been made in UK yet?

Don't think there has been any deliveries yet, I was reading a Mustang owners UK website and they were supposed to get the first RHD in the UK for a car meet in June. But couldn't get in the end, and used an LHD. http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthread.php?67571-First-showing-of-2015-RHD-UK-MUSTANG-SUNDAY-14th-June-KENT
    Some more reading of that forum shows a UK dealer doing an info day/launch for it on the 12/13th of September, but users are saying even then the first RHD won't be in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Who will be the official dealer for these in Ireland? Or will they just be given to profitable Ford dealerships?
    I'd also be curious to know if anyone has put down an order for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bear1 wrote: »
    Who will be the official dealer for these in Ireland? Or will they just be given to profitable Ford dealerships?
    I'd also be curious to know if anyone has put down an order for one.

Last time I checked, there was only 1 appointed Mustang (and Vignale) dealer for Ireland, and that was CAB in Cork.

They should be appointing another dealer at some point - probably Dublin - if they haven't appointed already.

Ford wanted separate showrooms (think MINI/BMW dealers) for Mustang and Vignale, so there wasn't a big rush from Ford dealers to take those on due to the investment required for such a small return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the E750 rate on the 2.3 isnt bad, but E2350 on a car that costs E67,000? Its one thing if you are spending double to triple that on the car, but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've already said it in this thread, but I'd have the 2.3 in a heartbeat. It's the future of these types of cars and looks to be a great performer. 310bhp, a tonne of torque, and maybe even reasonable fuel economy if driven sensibly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would many people spending €67k on the V8 really be put off by the motor tax? It's a bit like being concerned about the mpg figures. Might as well offer a 2.0 TDCi version for people concerned about those things.

That's pretty crap!

28mpg on the motorway is what I've heard. That's the manual, the auto is supposedly worse again.

Honestly in real world terms I don't think these cars are as bad as people like to think.

I had a 5.0 GT V8 in States for a weekend in which I covered 820miles ... I 'd like to point out that these were giving it absolute "rental Car" hell and I averaged around 20-22 mpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Honestly in real world terms I don't think these cars are as bad as people like to think.

I had a 5.0 GT V8 in States for a weekend in which I covered 820miles ... I 'd like to point out that these were giving it absolute "rental Car" hell and I averaged around 20-22 mpg

us or uk gallon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

28mpg on the motorway is what I've heard. That's the manual, the auto is supposedly worse again.
    That's pretty crap!

I don't think it's THAT bad all things considered.
    It's a 2.3 turbo charged heavy looking yoke to be fair to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement