Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get annoyed with people constantly texting on nights out?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭rox5

Allyall wrote: »
    There's another trick to it. - THIS :D

Haha if only I can do that to contant texters!

I will never understand why people feel the need to constantly text somone. Unless it was organising a ride home, I can understand, but to talk to your other mates or boyfriend who might not be there, sure just tell them all about it the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

rox5 wrote: »
    Haha if only I can do that to contant texters!

I will never understand why people feel the need to constantly text somone. Unless it was organising a ride home, I can understand, but to talk to your other mates or boyfriend who might not be there, sure just tell them all about it the next day!

Are you the only one out of your friends without a boyfriend? Just curious :D

SV wrote: »
    Are you the only one out of your friends without a boyfriend? Just curious :D

Yes, I am. But even if I did have one, I wouldn't be texting him all night when I am hanging out with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Yes, I am. But even if I did have one, I would be texting him all night when I am hanging out with friends.

Emmm, so that's it all cleared up then..?!

Emmm, so that's it all cleared up then..?!

Crap, sorry was mean to say "wouldn't" not "would"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Crap, sorry was mean to say "wouldn't" not "would"

I know what you meant, but I bet if you were in the first flush of love you'd be sending a few texts too... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Never texted on a night out. I just chat with my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

I mean, god give me the strength not to take my friend's phones and dunk them into a pint of beer! I half give up making conversation half the night because they are constantly glued to the phone, texting or calling someone. One would even check her phone while we dance. I just think it is really rude and unless it was a serious emergancy all these texts and calls can wait!
    :mad:

maybe she found you boring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Girls taking duckface photos of themselves in clubs and putting it on facebook so everyone can see what a great time they're having

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Was over in London last week for the day with two mates.

We decided to grab a quick pint before heading back to the airport.

Obviously we hadn't had 3G all day or even WiFi. The minute we sit down they spot the pub has free WiFi...

Cue about twenty minutes of Facebook checking and replying to Whatsapp messages.

Meanwhile I sit here sipping my pint awaiting them to come down from their high. :mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

It is annoying but a sign of their self conscious insecurity and that they must play with their phones rather than use their brain and engage in a conversation. It's a reflection on them not on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

stoneill wrote: »
    It is annoying but a sign of their self conscious insecurity and that they must play with their phones rather than use their brain and engage in a conversation. It's a reflection on them not on you.
    I'd say it's just that they're texting people - nothing deeper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fartman

my brother and his girl friend call to my house and they text each other while talking to us i told them to f##k off and come back when they have manners....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Madam_X wrote: »
    I'd say it's just that they're texting people - nothing deeper than that.

Indeed - shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Or when your out and tell the other half your having a quiet night in. Then she see's you tagged by a friend out in the pub. I mean who cares where you are why tag people without asking.

I changed my facebook settings so when people tag me it doesn't go public until I review/okay it.

Whoever tags you gets a pop-up message informing them of this so alot of people don't even bother tagging me anymore.

Should solve your problem.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

fartman wrote: »
    my brother and his girl friend call to my house and they text each other while talking to us i told them to f##k off and come back when they have manners....

Seems rude

By you too

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

I've seen people bringing laptops into pubs to go on facebook. Woeful codology altogether, Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I even post on boards while on nights out it there's a boring part of the conversation !

Think of all the mindless small talk we used to have to make before we all got smartphones !

If you want my undivided attention, I'm afraid you'll just have to work for it and make your stories more engaging.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

Solair wrote: »
    I even post on boards while on nights out it there's a boring part of the conversation !

Think of all the mindless small talk we used to have to make before we all got smartphones !

If you want my undivided attention, I'm afraid you'll just have to work for it and make your stories more engaging.

You might as well stay at home or plug yourself into the matrix and forget about this boring "real life" thing

Advertisement