Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro Plates in Dublin?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get these? d8 fitness only sell them as a whole set. I'm looking for a pair of 0.5kg's that would go on the regular barbell that most gyms have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

CM24 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get these? d8 fitness only sell them as a whole set. I'm looking for a pair of 0.5kg's that would go on the regular barbell that most gyms have.
    Don't think you'll get just a pair of 0.5kg plates in Dublin.

Strength Shop do them for about £20.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Strength shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If you wanted 0.5kg plates could you not just use some barbell clips? two on each side

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

JJayoo wrote: »
    If you wanted 0.5kg plates could you not just use some barbell clips? two on each side

I was thinking of this. It just feels wrong paying €20 for such small little plates!

I'll have to bring my food scale down to the gym with me and see how much the collars weigh!

Alternatively, I have a load of the little York weights plates but the hole is too small. I could tie a string around them and hang them from the barbell!

I should probably just cough up the money and get the plates so I have them forever.

While we're on the subject, has anyone used these to progress on exercises like the Overhead Press? I'm thinking they'd be handy to use with female clients who struggle to get stronger on the upper body lifts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CM24 wrote: »
    I was thinking of this. It just feels wrong paying €20 for such small little plates!

I'll have to bring my food scale down to the gym with me and see how much the collars weigh!

Alternatively, I have a load of the little York weights plates but the hole is too small. I could tie a string around them and hang them from the barbell!

I should probably just cough up the money and get the plates so I have them forever.

While we're on the subject, has anyone used these to progress on exercises like the Overhead Press? I'm thinking they'd be handy to use with female clients who struggle to get stronger on the upper body lifts.

Cable ties my man. Cable ties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Hanley wrote: »
    Cable ties my man. Cable ties.

Genius!

I actually realised ended up buying a pair of These

They have 5x .25kg weights that can be popped in and out. Should do the job.

I was testing them out on dumbbells aswell. You can sorta wrap them around the back of your hand and still hold a dumbbell in your palms. Might be awkward when it comes to the heavier weights but felt alright. I find it's often difficult to progress on dummbell exercises in a low rep range so maybe these could help.

Advertisement