Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health Insurance for PCOS sufferers.

• 12-01-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, apologies for maybe posting in the wrong forum I'm only just set up.
    Anyways I was wondering if any body here has had any experience with treating PCOS and what that entails? My GP suspects I might have it and said that I would need health insurance to get the ultrasound etc to see. So basically what I'm asking is what kind of health insurance cover would I need to treat PCOS? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

hanamoob wrote: »
    Hi, apologies for maybe posting in the wrong forum I'm only just set up.
    Anyways I was wondering if any body here has had any experience with treating PCOS and what that entails? My GP suspects I might have it and said that I would need health insurance to get the ultrasound etc to see. So basically what I'm asking is what kind of health insurance cover would I need to treat PCOS? Thanks!

Hmm, that's odd.

I have PCOS and got my scan at 18 years old, on public health. That said, that was nearly 8 years ago, and I was on a waiting list for 2 years to get it, but you should be at least able to get a referral to an endocrinologist from your gp, on public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

If you dont already have health insurance you'll have to serve waiting periods - depending on your age it could be five years (I think?) before you are treated for a pre-existong condition. It's unfortunately not just a case of signing up tomorrow and getting the treatment/tests covered straight away... Just be careful and do your research!

I'm no expert at all, but surely you should be able to get an ultrasound on the public system? You might get it quicker privately, but it doesn't seem like the kind thing that's not accessible publicly.

Advertisement