Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy power rack/weights/etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Also gonna buy my weights over the next month or so. Can't lift anything right now as I broke my collar bone but wouldn't mind buying everything asap so I don't leave it on the long finger.

Want to get an Olympic bar and hopefully around 150kg worth of plates. Anyone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Zone 5 Do Not Deliver To This Zone

^^ they do actually deliver to Ireland?

Zone 5 Do Not Deliver To This Zone

^^ they do actually deliver to Ireland?

Prestige? Had a bit of trouble there. Before Christmas they had 35£ as their delivery charge. Then when I went to buy it they said do not deliver to this zone. I emailed them and they said they couldn't get a courier for a decent price. I asked them to get a quote for me and it was £56 which was too steep for me. Ended up going for the bodyrip one which was around £40 for delivery but the cage cost less.

Just to follow up on this.. Finally got around to getting all my bits together; power rack, bench, makeshift platform, oly bar, weights etc.

FkQytHt.jpg

Only thing is I didn't add the lat pulldown part, because of a few different reasons; it will take up too much room (gonna move the rack closer to the wall), it didn't look the best quality, I only have oly weights which will be too bulky for it and I'm on the 4th floor in a 200 year old building, don't really fancy dropping weights up and down on an already pretty laden rack.

I have a heavy punch back to put up and want to cover the floor boards with more rubber sheets as a stretch/general work out area, other than its pretty much finished.

The weight rack itself (gymano ultimate power rack) is great, does the job, good size and thick gauge steel, easy to assemble too. It's a little rickety but I think it's designed like that to allow some movement. I'd recommend it and I can't really comment on the pulldown... Personally if I was buying again I'd just get a plain rack, for the same money you'd get a better rack... And pull downs can be alt'd as pulls and cable crunches can be leg raises etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hashtag jealous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Good size mirror also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

.ak wrote: »
    I'm on the 4th floor in a 200 year old building

Note to self, never offer to help ak move.

I hope there's a lift?

Note to self, never offer to help ak move.

I hope there's a lift?

Nope!

On the plus side, no matter how unfit I let myself get, I always have strong quads! Leg day is my favourite.

Good size mirror also.

Need a bigger one actually! That was an old broken one knocking about... Will have to wait for a shop to close and grab one they're chucking out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Because I broke my neck trying to see it.

FkQytHt.jpg

• Advertisement

Ha sorry I had to upload it on my mobile, I'll edit it later when I'm on a PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

.ak wrote: »
    Ha sorry I had to upload it on my mobile, I'll edit it later when I'm on a PC!

Whats the subs?

Is it cheaper if 3 join together?

Looks good lad

Whats the subs?

Is it cheaper if 3 join together?

Looks good lad

25% off for Clontarf members. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Nice setup Ak

Advertisement