Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyefit Baggot St - get a tyre campaign

Options
  • 09-01-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

If you are a member of Flyefit Baggot St please put a post up on their Facebook page (facebook.com/flyefit) asking for a tyre or 2 to be added to the gym facilities. I've been asking for a while now but feel if more people were interested then it may happen.
    The Macken St gym has a few so I'd guess it's down to demand.

Hitting tyres with sledge hammers makes a great workout alongside kettlebells and pull-ups and slamming tyres is a hard thing to replicate using any other equipment. I did it at home for a while when I was out of work but you cant really do it at night without waking half the kids on the road ;-)

thanks

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Probably go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

They have the sledge there alright so I'm not sure what people use it for. More important if they could get their water pump back working - not ideal to have no showers for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I really do think there should be one cold shower in there. I'm in a lunch and sweating my ass off and the last thing I want to do is jump into a boiling shower and then get back into a suit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kitepimp

Ah well, message from FF below, not a runner.

FLYEfit
    January 10 at 8:35am

Hi Conor, it transpires unfortunately that flipping a tyre in that building has repercussions for tenants below ( both structurally/vibrations/noise) and we won't be able to get one for Baggot St. We tried to find a way around it but it's a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I agree regarding the cold shower.

I find them much to warm. Especially if going back to work pumping sweat again.

Would be nice to have a permanent cold shower option. Will email them about this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement