Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart rate watch recommendation

Options
  • 11-01-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new watch for monitoring my heart rate. All I want is to be able to set a minimum and a maximum heart rate and have the watch beep or vibrate when I fall out of this range. Anything else would be superfluous for my needs.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I bought one in Lidl a few months back that consists of a watch and strap for about 20 quid. You can set min and max heart rate which works quite well - don't forget to turn it off or change the profile as I played Astro and the damn thing kept beeping. They have them on sale every few months - but there are similar ones in Argos : Target HRS410 Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap.

I am gonna be upgrading to a fitbit surge (heart rate, sleep monitor and GPS) when it is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ashes19

Hi ,

Had you any luck with watch as I am looking for a watch for the same purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ashes19 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Had you any luck with watch as I am looking for a watch for the same purpose?

I got a Polar FT7, was around €60. The FT4 would also work but there was no difference in the price where I got it, so I went for the FT7. Nice comparison between the 2 of them here.

It works well, but the beeping is very hard to hear when you go outside the heart range. I use mine indoors, but I don't think you would hear it if you were outside.

Advertisement