Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speculation on Jon & Tyrion's parenthood - non book readers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

The flashback fight between young Ned Stark & the 2 members of the kings guard.

The kings son had kidnapped Ned's sister and imprisoned her in that tower.. (we heard her scream & Ned asking where she is)....

The long held assumption being that that Prince Rahegar fathered a child with Lyanna Stark after kidnapping her & this is Jon.
    Lyanna died & it is supposed that Ned brought this boy to Winterfell on the pretense that it was his own bastard child.

Hence the R+L=J theory

TBH, I think this also holds weight because if Jon is half Targaryen, he's the nephew of Denerys & could well be an ally.
    (Handy way to avoid the certain war between the North/Starks & Danny when she eventually gets to Westeros)

Yeah I know the theory but not sure that scene definitely proves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The scenes very existence is getting us there....
    I think the actor playing young Ned is cast for at least 1 more episode.

If we see him cradling a baby boy I think we can stick a fork in Jon's lineage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think it's unlikely simply because it seems very likely that Jon is a Targaryen and it would be a bit lame to pull the "secret Targaryen" trick twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

The absence of a newborn baby with ned and Reed at that point is a bit of a giveaway I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

amos13 wrote: »
    The absence of a newborn baby with ned and Reed at that point is a bit of a giveaway I think.

That scene struck me as a cliff hangar, and as someone here said that young Ned is cast for one more episode, I expect the missing piece of the puzzle will be presented.

What I'm curious about though, is how will this be made known to Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

What I'm curious about though, is how will this be made known to Jon.

Well bran is on route south of the wall, I expect he'll meet up with big bro/ cousin at some point early next season and reveal all. How to convince the rest of the realm is another issue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Well bran is on route south of the wall, I expect he'll meet up with big bro/ cousin at some point early next season and reveal all. How to convince the rest of the realm is another issue....

Is Reed still alive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ah right, didn't realise they were going south again.

Advertisement