Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kior3

thanks just phoned them they told me another couple of weeks at least !!!!!!!!!!! how long did you wait

• Registered Users Posts: 36 babsrose

kior3 wrote: »
    thanks just phoned them they told me another couple of weeks at least !!!!!!!!!!! how long did you wait

I was waiting 16 weeks for my renewal and got all the backpay together hope this helps !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tantan1305

Has anyone an update on what date they are working on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrsrobby

My renewal date is 13 june.....its like it will NEVER come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grog49

babsrose wrote: »
    I was waiting 16 weeks for my renewal and got all the backpay together hope this helps !
    I was also waiting 16 weeks for my FIS to be processed and the same thing happened with my back pay.Still waiting on it and they said it could be another 10 days before I receive it.It was sent for checking apparently if it is over a certain amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Quick question on behalf of a family member.

They applied about 6 months ago & it was returned because they forgot something. Was re-submitted about 2 months ago & nothing heard back, not even an awknowledgement.

Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OU812 wrote: »
    Quick question on behalf of a family member.

They applied about 6 months ago & it was returned because they forgot something. Was re-submitted about 2 months ago & nothing heard back, not even an awknowledgement.

Is this normal?
    Was it refused or just sent back to get more info?

If it was just returned for more info ,they wouldnt get a acknowledgement as it is the same application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grog49

grog49 wrote: »
    I was also waiting 16 weeks for my FIS to be processed and the same thing happened with my back pay.Still waiting on it and they said it could be another 10 days before I receive it.It was sent for checking apparently if it is over a certain amount.
    does anyone know what they mean about that your arrears were sent for checking

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I think if your arrears are over €3,000 they are sent for checking.

Does anyone know what date they are working on at the moment?, I rang this day last week and they were still on the 10th of May. I wonder has this progressed at all. It could be slow at this time of year because of holidays etc.

Does anyone know if they have moved on from the 10/05 renewals?

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Was it refused or just sent back to get more info?

If it was just returned for more info ,they wouldnt get a acknowledgement as it is the same application.

Was returned for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Shazza 1982

Sorry all, just a quick question, does any one know if you are on sick pay from the social welfare, does your FIS have to stop, I am out of work sick for 6 weeks, however I am still employed, thank you

As fas as i know it is stopped. You should ring them and tell them and give them the date you are returning to work. If you are getting illness benefit they will know anyway but it might be more hassle to get it back unless you ring first.

Sorry all, just a quick question, does any one know if you are on sick pay from the social welfare, does your FIS have to stop, I am out of work sick for 6 weeks, however I am still employed, thank you
    You can only get FIS and Illness Benefit together for 6 weeks .FIS is then stopped until you return to work.
    jessiejam wrote: »
    As fas as i know it is stopped. You should ring them and tell them and give them the date you are returning to work. If you are getting illness benefit they will know anyway but it might be more hassle to get it back unless you ring first.
    You need to contact only when you have returned to work and sent in a Final cert.Its up to you to contact FIS only after your Illness Benefit claim has closed.

Just rang them there and they are working on claims on the 17th May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Lovely Jubbly, I'm the 23rd.......

What's the number to call them ?

What's the number to call them ?

The phone number is: 1890927770 and its option 3

17 mins waiting on hold. New applications are at 20th April, renewals are 20th May

17 mins waiting on hold. New applications are at 20th April, renewals are 20th May
    Fair play to you for waiting that long but the info was 4 posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

we applied for fis last september, they sent it to social welfare inspector and she spend so long asking for bank statements, stuff from employer we ended up only getting fis through in june! we have 3 kids and it was so hard getting through christmas. this morning a fis renewal came in post! this means we now have to start all over again. the relief of getting it in june and now we will be cut off for another 20 weeks, dunno how we will get through christmas again! Its a nightmare. The back payment is great but to be honest id rather have my application processed quickly, than suffer for weeks with no money. Sorry about the rant.

we applied for fis last september, they sent it to social welfare inspector and she spend so long asking for bank statements, stuff from employer we ended up only getting fis through in june! we have 3 kids and it was so hard getting through christmas. this morning a fis renewal came in post! this means we now have to start all over again. the relief of getting it in june and now we will be cut off for another 20 weeks, dunno how we will get through christmas again! Its a nightmare. The back payment is great but to be honest id rather have my application processed quickly, than suffer for weeks with no money. Sorry about the rant.
    I think its safe to say everyone would like if claims were processed quickly,DSP staff included,but that just isn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

yabadabado wrote: »
    I think its safe to say everyone would like if claims were processed quickly,DSP staff included,but that just isn't possible.

yes yabadabado, i can imagine the dept would love claims processed quicker too. Its just waiting nine months for ours to be passed and then hit with a renewal is a bit upsetting. But sure nothing we can do only wait now. If i send renewal in straight away even though its not up until 9th sept does this mean i get in the queue early? i hope so :-(

yes yabadabado, i can imagine the dept would love claims processed quicker too. Its just waiting nine months for ours to be passed and then hit with a renewal is a bit upsetting. But sure nothing we can do only wait now. If i send renewal in straight away even though its not up until 9th sept does this mean i get in the queue early? i hope so :-(
    No,claims are processed using end date order.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Does any one know are they finished on the 17/05 ??? Would they be starting the 23/05 from Monday ???

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Thats a joke:mad:
    I hope ours doesnt end up taking that long to process though its looking likely, mine was sent in the end of february and ive been told today its gona be another two months before the SWO even looks at it.

kmscc wrote: »
    Does any one know are they finished on the 17/05 ??? Would they be starting the 23/05 from Monday ???

My renewal date is the 17th of May. I haven't heard anything yet. Im on hold to them as we speak to see if there has been a decision made. It would be nice to get it before the end of next week so I can sort books for school etc.

Got through after 30 mins. My claim (renewal 17th may) has been processed and lodged to the bank. Only problem is they calculated it wrong. It was the same last year. So back on hold again now to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

Hope you get sorted ..... it's a long wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

jessiejam wrote: »
    Got through after 30 mins. My claim (renewal 17th may) has been processed and lodged to the bank. Only problem is they calculated it wrong. It was the same last year. So back on hold again now to see what the story is.

I hope you get it soon, we're 5 weeks after you, I wonder how long it takes them to clear each week!

Advertisement