Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH for "trolling"?

Options
  • 19-12-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I really do not understand how I was trolling, when literally all I said was that I do not give out my real info on this website (or any website for that matter) due to privacy concerns. I would love to hear how this is disruptive and causes stress to other members. Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi masti,

I suppose we should get the formalities out of the way first. Have you contacted the banning mod yet? If you haven't come to a satisfactory resolution please let me know.

Thanks

Micky.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Yes, I have PM'ed her yesterday but haven't received a reply yet.

Ok thanks.

I'm awaiting info myself. Weekends can be slow, sorry about that.

While we wait, you do understand what the definition of trolling is?

A troll is basically someone who intentionally leaves an annoying message on the internet, in order to get attention or cause trouble. I don't understand how not saying my real age is an act of trolling?

Good stuff,We are on the same page.

The age thing doesn't really interest me for now.

Do I think you wrote stuff to incite a response? Absolutely, I believe you did.

Look, I'm a pretty straight guy (forgive the pun) I've little doubt you were trolling. The ban length we can work on if you want to play ball. If not, we can wait till I receive all the info I've requested.

• Advertisement

Well all I did was give my opinion on a subject I feel strongly about. Which a lot of people were doing on that tread. Sure it could be a controversial opinion but there isn't much I can do about that.

I just don't want to permanently banned from AH.

Hi Masti,

Apologies on the delay, I'm on holidays and that normally involved lots of going out and the like.

Ok, so lets try and resolve this.
    masti123 wrote: »
    Well all I did was give my opinion on a subject I feel strongly about. Which a lot of people were doing on that tread. Sure it could be a controversial opinion but there isn't much I can do about that.

I just don't want to permanently banned from AH.

There is much you can do about controversial opinions, Lets have a little look at some of them.

gayness is nothing other than a "thought process" , just like "shy-ness" and schizophrenia.

The reasoning behind gay-ness can vary, as one reasoning behind gay-ness could be that your are getting turned down by the oppisite sex, you dont know why, and you find you get along better with your own sex more than the oppisite sex, so you instantly think to yourself, maybe your gay since you get along with your own sex better, another reasoning behind gay-ness is when you are a child and being taught vocabulary and such the words you choose
    to use to define a word can cause gay-ness, example, when some says the word "Girl" your brain instantly comes up with all these words to use to define the word "Girl", well if your gay, you may use other words to define the
    word "girl" which can cause a COMPLETELY different outlook n that term due to them using different words to define it. Now you take every word and have a slightly different definition to it and this can cause a completely
    different outlook on life and how you perceive it, thus causing gay-ness.

This is a very unique perspective. People have to keep an open mind. It's difficult when you've been "programmed" to think a certain way.
    the thoughts you think and the reasoning behind these thoughts make you gay, change your reasoning behind these thoughts, cure the gayness. Only the gay person can cure himself, as he is the one who originated his thought process, so he has to shape his reality differently, meaning change his thought process, like how an extremely shy person has to redo their thought process in order to not be shy,

"Cure the gayness"? really?

I have never claimed that my beliefs were 100% right because I understand and accept that I can be wrong, unlike some people.

So there is hope for you.

Alright, I could post up more but I think it illustrates what I am getting at quite well.

Can you see how your line of thought could be seen as trolling?

Hi Masti,

Apologies on the delay, I'm on holidays and that normally involved lots of going out and the like.

Ok, so lets try and resolve this.

There is much you can do about controversial opinions, Lets have a little look at some of them.

"Cure the gayness"? really?

So there is hope for you.

Alright, I could post up more but I think it illustrates what I am getting at quite well.

Can you see how your line of thought could be seen as trolling?

Yes it is possible to "cure gayness" I probably could have worded it better but anyway, I understand where you're coming from. Sure it could've been seen as trolling but a permanent ban from AH seems a bit harsh.

You can word it better now if you so wish. Let us discuss the merits of your opinion.

This will go a long way to understanding why most would think you are taking the piss.

Basically all I was saying was if you meditate alot or use psychedelics it is possible to recreate your thought process because the thoughts you think and the reasoning behind these thought make you gay, change your reasoning behind these thoughts and under the right circumstances, and a different understanding of words, one can no longer be gay.

I'm sure most people might think I'm some crazy hippie and I accept that. I won't go too in depth about this because I'll probably be wasting my time.

All I wanna say is I was not trolling, I did not state that my beliefs were 100% right and that everyone should agree with me. I'm not sure how ban appeals work on this website but I think I've explained myself enough now.

• Advertisement

You do know that theory is by and large discredited by most peer studies?

As I've said I think I've explained myself enough now. Not going to bother discussing this further as it could go on for a while. All I want to know is will I be permanently banned from AH or not?

While you feel you may have explained yourself enough you haven't convinced me you weren't taking the piss.

I believe you were trolling for a reaction.

However, a permaban is harsh and it should be reduced to a non permanent ban. Seeing as you have already served 2 weeks and you have a pretty clean history, I will lift the ban with immediate effect.

Advertisement