Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Am hoping to get a mandala/rose tattoo on my forearm. its a tattoo for my mum who passed away last year so am really anxious to make sure it turns out ok, would really appreciate any recommendations to make sure I do it right!
    sorry dublin area

Dublin Ink!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

Does Karen Russell midleton/Kinsale do any tattoos anymore?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭ThaiTanic

Dublin Ink are brilliant got 5 tattoos off them so far never had any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Hi All,I have an existing Polynesian tattoo but waned to get it extended up to my shoulder.
    Can anyone recommend anyone that does Polynesian designs?I tried to contact Michele prezioso but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hey, looking to get something like this done. Not quite the same, couple of tweaks but that's the general outline of what I'm looking for.

Seems relatively straightforward but first tattoo so what do I know? Any recommendations on a shop to contact for a consult?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

@Frisbee, I know I recommend him for a lot of stuff but that would have parts that would be very similar to what Wagner in Dublin Ink does. Nice straight lines and black, have a look at the Dublin ink facebook page and his own instagram, Wagner Basei.

Either him or Darragh Locke in Colourworks would be my recommendation but I'd go Wagner over Darragh for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Cheers Joey, I'll look into both. Nice one for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

No bother. That's not as simple a tattoo as it looks, straight lines like that are hard to get right and don't give much room for mistake. If your looking at artists keep an eye for people who have done work with a lot of straight lines, geometric style or minimal. Someone who is really good at portraits, their work might be excellent might not be the best for something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Glonass

Hi, Looking for a great tattoo cover artist in Dublin. I have 2 multi coloured tattoos on my shoulder that need to be covered with bigger colour tattoo.tattoo has all sharp strong colours you can think of. also what would be the price range? i know it depends on the tattoo itself but generally? do i need a few sessions to complete cover up? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

the cynic in me just wants to make smart comments, but the nice person who doesn't get out often says to go and speak to a tattoo artist and get real information, there is nothing that people here can do without full information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

17918859_689702034546197_440822039_n.jpg?oh=33f10096c90b3c10313d829ed5dece5f&oe=58F01AC1

Where could I find someone in Dublin to do something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Glonass wrote: »
    Hi, Looking for a great tattoo cover artist in Dublin. I have 2 multi coloured tattoos on my shoulder that need to be covered with bigger colour tattoo.tattoo has all sharp strong colours you can think of. also what would be the price range? i know it depends on the tattoo itself but generally? do i need a few sessions to complete cover up? thanks

This is my take on the whole thing. I started off getting a few sessions of lazer on the old ones, to be honest I thought it was a waste of time. I then got 1 full sleeve and 1 3/4 sleeve to cover what was left in a fairly reputable dublin shop, and didn't really get what I wanted. I then flew to Manchester 3 times to get the 3/4 sleeve finished to a full sleeve and get the bit's I didn't like reworked by a fairly famous (on youtube anyway) artist that looked great on his portfolio and the tattoo model he has done loads for, but his work was dissapointing too....and he really knew how to charge!!!... I was then floating around this forum when I see a post from one of the lads about Robert Litcan in Kilkenny. I made an appointment and went to see him - and he reluctantly took the work on. This guy is a pure gent and one of the best artists I have EVER seen - so particular in his work, a true perfectionist. I've been with him 5 or 6 times now - he's transformed one arm to what I wanted (re-working all 3 previous artists work)and has started on the second, and did a fantastic leg piece for me in-between.He's the same price as Dublin shops, so nothing crazy to the pocket.

The moral of the story is - it will cost you a lot less if you get what you want from the get-go, I wouldn't be going by price at all, because as it stands for me because I didn't do my homework right - I'm up to about €250 an hor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ok that's it can mods please put a ban on mentioning Robert. It takes me too long already for appointments!! It was better when he was my dirty little secret only i knew about

Ok that's it can mods please put a ban on mentioning Robert. It takes me too long already for appointments!! It was better when he was my dirty little secret only i knew about

he's too good to keep to yourself pal, thank god he doesn't fly.....he'd be a millionaire in the states!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

kingaaa wrote: »
    he's too good to keep to yourself pal, thank god he doesn't fly.....he'd be a millionaire in the states!!!!

Wrong way to think about it mate. Last time he did new York con he took a ferry to Canada and drove for a few days. Just means he does be gone longer

Wrong way to think about it mate. Last time he did new York con he took a ferry to Canada and drove for a few days. Just means he does be gone longer

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nicora243

Hey guys so I'm looking to get a portrait of Marilyn Manson done in Dublin. Black and grey style, want a lot of detail and shading. I was looking at Marcin in Skin City, does anyone have anyone else in mind who would do the job well? No one else's portraits that I've seen seem as realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Nicora243 wrote: »
    Hey guys so I'm looking to get a portrait of Marilyn Manson done in Dublin. Black and grey style, want a lot of detail and shading. I was looking at Marcin in Skin City, does anyone have anyone else in mind who would do the job well? No one else's portraits that I've seen seem as realistic

Marcin would do a good job on that, hes good on the darker side of things. Remis is an option as always for portraits and if you don't mind waiting, he would be a good choice. Claire Griffin has done an impressive Marilyn Manson portrait in the past but she deals primarily in colour and works out of the midlands. So that might not suit you but there are some great artists outside of Dublin. Don't let your research for the right person be limited to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Looking to get a white tattoo, small symbolic little tattoo, possibly this weekend if I can... Any recommendations for Dublin city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Heya, looking for an artist in cork who can finish a portion of text that has been lasered off due to a spelling error. Its nothing fancy, just a bit of block lettering
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement