Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

ps4 or xbox one are not kids toys. All the games are 18's rated. They are adult consoles.

Lol!

Ah thats funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The 360 and PS3 are for all ages, with a wide selection of games for all ages and tastes.
    They probably represent the consoles with the widest possible demographic.
    To suggest they are for adults is simply wrong.
    Yes, there are games for adults on the same shelves as the games for kids and some may see this as a problem.
    Having parents, ignorant of game content, allowing their kids to buy unsuitable software is the parents fault exclusively.
    To suggest that either device is simply for adults is like saying the DVD player is just for grown ups, it's just not true.
    And if you think the WiiU is a safe space for unsupervised kids, make sure they don't buy a copy of ZombiU or a Wii copy of Resident Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/mario-yoshi-nes-nintendo-game/3864840

Mario and Yoshi, a game which usually sells for between €15 and €20 on ebay, I put in a fair offer of €20 only to have my offer deleted and I've also been prohibited from posting any further offers on the sellers ad. Not 10 minutes after my message was deleted a new buyer made an exorbitant offer which (and I could be mistaken) to me looks like a blatant shill.

Really irks me to see this carry on take place between the less genuine of retro collectors.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think I posted this ad a few weeks back. Absolute joke. I have that cib and I think I paid ten euro for it. The problem here is other people see these stupid ads and think hang on, I have some nes games, ill put them up for the same price, then the overall price of nes games on adverts is crazy. The admins on there don't care posts are deleted, the site is a joke. You should be allowed put these idiots straight on their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Not 10 minutes after my message was deleted a new buyer made an exorbitant offer which (and I could be mistaken) to me looks like a blatant shill.

Really irks me to see this carry on take place between the less genuine of retro collectors.

I would be fairly sure that the person who placed the bid is the same person who placed the ad. To be honest that seller seems to live on Adverts low balling ads left right and centre.As someone here said before there are no rules on Adverts and it's as simple as that. They appear to have rules that you only have to follow when you want to. Just to clear up any doubt about the SNES:rolleyes:
    Flexymoons snes.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/super-nintendo-snes/3556807
    YWU4MTlkNjk2MzI3NmFhOGQyN2IwODAwOTRjMTgxMWXQ1-FUDyFKurVNccRceUPnaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTM3MmFiNjAzNGE2ZTJjZGQ0ODhkNjEwYzljNTE4YTI5MDViNDljOWNmOTAyM2Q4YWE5NTUzMjU0MmVkZmNlNy5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Jake Stevens SNES.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/snes-super-nintendo-console/3773426
    ZjFiODBiNjhmYzZiMGY0NzJiNWZhOGYyMGIwMzAyNTdN15PptHNYNW2VHtEafyuTaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWIxOTFlYzMyMWJjYjg2ZDRmOGU3ZDQ5ZDE2MjkwOGFjNWVjYWU4YmMxZGI5MmQ4Nzg4MWZkYWRmYTQwOWM1MC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I would be fairly sure that the person who placed the bid is the same person who placed the ad. To be honest that seller seems to live on Adverts low balling ads left right and centre.As someone here said before there are no rules on Adverts and it's as simple as that. They appear to have rules that you only have to follow when you want to. Just to clear up any doubt about the SNES:rolleyes:
    Flexymoons snes.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/super-nintendo-snes/3556807
    YWU4MTlkNjk2MzI3NmFhOGQyN2IwODAwOTRjMTgxMWXQ1-FUDyFKurVNccRceUPnaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTM3MmFiNjAzNGE2ZTJjZGQ0ODhkNjEwYzljNTE4YTI5MDViNDljOWNmOTAyM2Q4YWE5NTUzMjU0MmVkZmNlNy5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Jake Stevens SNES.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/snes-super-nintendo-console/3773426
    ZjFiODBiNjhmYzZiMGY0NzJiNWZhOGYyMGIwMzAyNTdN15PptHNYNW2VHtEafyuTaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWIxOTFlYzMyMWJjYjg2ZDRmOGU3ZDQ5ZDE2MjkwOGFjNWVjYWU4YmMxZGI5MmQ4Nzg4MWZkYWRmYTQwOWM1MC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg
    Good spot... the absolute bastard :)

Good spot... the absolute bastard :)

Haha nice nice spot! Bidding on his own ad, hilarious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, Flexymoons, wtf is his problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You have to laugh at adverts otherwise you'd go mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is that the same guy who tried to use shilling to sell a disc only version of The Sword Of Camelot for a crazy price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube, post a link to your post here in the Talk to Adverts section. The very least that they should do is action the user for this I think. It's exactly the type of behavior that gives Adverts a bad name.

Thanks to monkeycube's sterling investigative efforts, I've reported Flexymoon in the Talk to Adverts forum... yes that does make me a squealer, or tattle-tail if you prefer but chancers like him really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dodge challenger

Positive feedback for himself too, nice...
    Jake Stevens says about flexymoons 14/06/2013 5:08 pm (6 months ago): top seller item was like new. great comms and a very nice guy. would highly recommend to all A+++++++++

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Well, the price is purely aspirational, if someone wants to make an offer I'll consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Scalper that fella :p

Myrddin wrote: »
    Scalper that fella :p

Go ahead, report him....

I have to pay for the PS4 somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

00G0G_8ibmwwjzoBw_600x450.jpg

$1950

:eek:

Wow.. Just wow...

Shame as well because that looks like a taito space invaders cocktail under all that sh*t.

One would imagine that a quick trip to IKEA would have given him a better table to butcher.
    Despite what holy books and sacred texts would tell you, some people are irredeemable, there's no coming back from doing that to a cocktail cabinet.
    It'd be like buying a charcoal sketch by Dali and colouring it in, with crayon, and not staying inside the lines.

This guy should be banned from adverts these are 14 euro on ebay..

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/nintendo-nes-replacement-72-pin-connector-new/4528445

keithgeo wrote: »
    This guy should be banned from adverts these are 14 euro on ebay..

Like that's going to happen:rolleyes: Definitely deserves a sub section in the Dreamer thread though.

Careful lads, some of this talk, while appropriate, might be considered bullying.
    The guy has not been found guilty of anything yet, certainly the mods on Adverts haven't seen fit to ban him for what would , if true, have certainly earned a ban here.

Guy on Adverts went out and bought 3 PS4s yesterday and is now trying to shift them for 450 each.
    Given that Power City seems to be awash with them and that some have sold on Adverts for less than 400 I hope he gets what he deserves.
    Oh, and after posting similar on his as I got a pm from him about it.
    Should I report?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Guy on Adverts went out and bought 3 PS4s yesterday and is now trying to shift them for 450 each.
    Given that Power City seems to be awash with them and that some have sold on Adverts for less than 400 I hope he gets what he deserves.
    Oh, and after posting similar on his as I got a pm from him about it.
    Should I report?

They will just tell you that the seller can choose whatever price point they want, it's the buyers choice if they want to pay it or not.

It was the unsolicited PM I was thinking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Was it rude?

Advertisement