Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2014 Babies Club

Options
  • 25-04-2013 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I know, I know, it is very early to start this thread and get excited but here I am. Due 4/1/14, what a lovely date but I'm sure s/he wont arrive exactly then. Anyone else want to join?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Guest1111

Bump : )

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ooh congrats:))
    I am not due again but have Jan 09,11 and 13 babies.
    My youngest was born on he 4/1:)

Thanks Moonbeam!

Bump d bump d!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Guest1111 wrote: »
    Bump d bump d!

Aw! You seem to be hanging out here on your own, but fear not, there'll be more joining you soon - maybe the recent decent weather will have made peeps a little more frisky!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello!

I was going to hold off on posting here until I knew for sure that my due date will be 2014 and not 2013. But I'm too excited to wait, so I'll just go ahead and start posting! :D

According to calendar dates, my due date should be 26th December. However, I've been for a couple of scans already (to rule out ectopic pregnancy.) The embryo is exactly where it should be, and all looks good, and hcg is increasing well - however they think my dates are about two weeks behind what I would have thought, so they think I must have ovulated late. I wasn't tracking ovulation etc. So I've another scan Tuesday week, and they'll confirm my due date then. I expect it will be the first week of January 2014.

I'm having a few symptoms so far! Nausea, lots of water retention, and I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. And, I just found a huge massive spot on my shoulder ... I barely ever got spots even when I was a teenager, definitely not big ones like that! :eek: :o It's all positive though, just means the baby is growing as it should be. :) I was chatting to a friend of mine today who just had a baby girl, and she was saying that in early pregnancy, it was the days she didn't get symptoms that she'd be freaking out, that something had gone wrong!!

Is this your first, Guest1111? It's my first, and it wasn't exactly planned (although it's a happy surprise!) So myself and himself have a lot to learn ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Karey

Guest1111 wrote: »
    I know, I know, it is very early to start this thread and get excited but here I am. Due 4/1/14, what a lovely date but I'm sure s/he wont arrive exactly then. Anyone else want to join?

I'm exactly the same, due 10/01/14, and am very excited, elated and nervous!

Wow, two posts the one day - brilliant!!
    Maybe it is too early to start this thread, suppose I got a bit excited. I'll be back in a few weeks.
    Thanks nikpmup
    Congrats Karey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Got my official BFP today, although I knew for a couple of days- it's my fourth so I should be getting good at reading the signs- sore boobs, tired, a sudden fondness for marmite and lack of interest in wine.

I was so nervous breaking the news to my OH, I thought he would flip but he was great- gave me a big hug and said, sure what's another few spuds in the pot! He's definitely getting the snip after this one- the rhythm method sucks!!! We're both very happy all the same. Going to hold off telling people for a while so its nice to have this thread. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you ladies.

Due in the second week of January (officially 5th but I've gone over every other time so its to be expected).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Loadie

Just found out today, am due Jan 3rd/4th, was so excited, didn't really hear the date:D

Feeling grand so far, though expecting the mad tiredness to kick in soon!!.., Its my second, and during my first pregnancy, if i could, i would have slept during the first 3 months:p

Delighted to be able to share my news, congrats girlies and looking forwarding to seeing how everyone is gettin on over the next few months

• Advertisement

Loadie wrote: »
    Just found out today, am due Jan 3rd/4th, was so excited, didn't really hear the date:D

Feeling grand so far, though expecting the mad tiredness to kick in soon!!.., Its my second, and during my first pregnancy, if i could, i would have slept during the first 3 months:p

Delighted to be able to share my news, congrats girlies and looking forwarding to seeing how everyone is gettin on over the next few months

The tiredness just hit me today. My OH said we should have called the last one 'Tuirseach' because I was so knackered all the time!

How old is your first? I had 20mths between the first two, which killed me, especially since my eldest was a divil who would try to run away from me in public when I was too big to waddle after him. The three years between the second and third was a lot easier, but my second is very easygoing which makes all the difference. There will be two years and four months between my youngest and the new one which I'm hoping will be manageable. At least now my eldest is responsible enough to make sure the youngfella doesn't get into too much trouble if I need to take a power nap!

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    The tiredness just hit me today. My OH said we should have called the last one 'Tuirseach' because I was so knackered all the time!

How old is your first? I had 20mths between the first two, which killed me, especially since my eldest was a divil who would try to run away from me in public when I was too big to waddle after him. The three years between the second and third was a lot easier, but my second is very easygoing which makes all the difference. There will be two years and four months between my youngest and the new one which I'm hoping will be manageable. At least now my eldest is responsible enough to make sure the youngfella doesn't get into too much trouble if I need to take a power nap!

Poor you, that tiredness is a killer, hope ur gettin to put your feet up, somebit Rosy Posy.

My first has just turned 2, and a live wire at that. Had to laugh (sorry) at the picture of you waddling after your eldest, cause that will be me!!:P
    Hoping that the age gap helps, as i am determined once weather turns nice, ahem, to get her out of nappies, and get us someway organised for new arrival.

Poor you, that tiredness is a killer, hope ur gettin to put your feet up, somebit Rosy Posy.

My first has just turned 2, and a live wire at that. Had to laugh (sorry) at the picture of you waddling after your eldest, cause that will be me!!:P
    Hoping that the age gap helps, as i am determined once weather turns nice, ahem, to get her out of nappies, and get us someway organised for new arrival.

That sounds like a nice age gap- they'll be close enough to play together in a few years time. Two in nappies was a killer especially if you're a masochist like me and used cloth! (We do live in a significantly sunnier climate than Ireland I should add). The toilet training will be a big load off, but be prepared for some backsliding once baby comes- my 3yo started having accidents again after her little brother arrived. Apparently it's fairly common. You might be lucky tho! :)

Sorry panda-hugs, I only saw your post now, it is very exciting and surreal. This is my second but still very nervous. I am going to wait until I tell people. Good luck over the next few weeks and talk soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

I found out a couple of days ago that I'm expecting my second. I haven't gone to confirm it with the doctor yet but I was feeling nauseous all weekend. I took a test the day my period was due and it came up positive. I'm delighted as we have been trying for a few months now!

I've calculated that I'm due the 14th of January. It's funny, after 4 days of feeling sick I haven't actually been feeling nauseous since I found out! My boobs are already sore though :o

Exciting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Bagheera wrote: »
    I found out a couple of days ago that I'm expecting my second. I haven't gone to confirm it with the doctor yet but I was feeling nauseous all weekend. I took a test the day my period was due and it came up positive. I'm delighted as we have been trying for a few months now!

I've calculated that I'm due the 14th of January. It's funny, after 4 days of feeling sick I haven't actually been feeling nauseous since I found out! My boobs are already sore though :o

Exciting times ahead!

My birthday :) Congrats!

Congrats Bagheers, ditto on the sore boobs!

Oh Rosy Posy lucky u, in sunnier climate, im jealous. Thanks for the heads up on the toilet training, btw, no doubt she'll have a few accidents when newborn arrives, fun times ahead then:D

Oh Rosy Posy lucky u, in sunnier climate, im jealous.

I'm sure I'll be jealous of you come December when I'm lugging my belly around in the sweltering heat! ;)

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll be jealous of you come December when I'm lugging my belly around in the sweltering heat! ;)

:D:D must remember that when im trying to stay vertical walking in the snow/ice:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

My due date is early Jan following a successful IVF cycle done abroad.

Have had 3 Hcg bloods done so far and the numbers are very healthy and doubling right on schedule. :)

My IVF doctor wanted me to have a scan this week (week 6, 4 weeks post implantation) but I had such struggles to get it done I gave up. As it is not the normal thing here they didn't see the point, although abroad it is the norm for IVF pregnancies to ensure the sac and egg are developing. Due my fetal heart scan soon - can't wait. Might even find out if there is one or two hanging out in there.

No morning sickness so far (can I really be this lucky??) but a bit of nausea related to bad bloating and constipation, although my doc has now given me something for that and it is much better than it was a fornight ago.

Excited and so apprehensive at the same time. Each Hcg test is a nerve wracker as I am always terrified the levels will go down. Please god all will continue as well as it has been and it will be a healthy pregnancy!

Good luck to you all!

• Advertisement

Congratulations hello lady. The sickness might hit you yet or you may be fine; quite a few of my friends breezed through the 1st trimester.

Loadie sounds like our two will have a similar age gap; my son was 2 in march! Definitely hoping to have him toilet trained before number two arrives :-)

Loadie sounds like our two will have a similar age gap; my son was 2 in march! Definitely hoping to have him toilet trained before number two arrives :-)[/QUOTE]

Must let me know how the toilet training goes for you Bagheera.., my little girl has developed a kind of fascination with the toilet, follows everyone in, can be embarassing when we have visitors:D Kinda hoping this fascination will help with the toilet training.

Congratulations Hello Lady:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Hello lovely ladies,
    Im super super SUPER excited to be able to join in this chit chat:D...Its taken some time to get here and Im only 5ish weeks but will be great to have others to talk to stuff about.My GP gave me due date of 12th Jan but I suppose I can expect that to be put back after scans/measuring.Never thought this would happen for me as we've been trying for awhile.Had a lap last year and was told they couldnt see any reason why I wasn't getting preganant so was referred to Galway for fertility.Had an appt back in March but didnt attend as we decided to leave this fair land and my visa for Canada came thru 3 weeks ago.But obviously this has totally changed things.:).So fingers crossed for us all for the next number of weeks until we all reach that (what feels MILES away!!)12 week stage.

Hi Leitrim Lady, that is brilliant news. I know about waiting for a baby so when you get pregnant, it is unreal and it is a brilliant feeling, thats a very special baby. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

My wife is due January 17th, fingers crossed. Nervous and excited.

Thats brillant news Balmed Out, congratulations:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭Ciarabear

Hi everyone, a little surprised and overwhelmed to find myself joining this conversation! :)

Daddy and I are expecting our first (unplanned!) little bear on January 20th! :)
    I feel incredibly emotional right now, as I'm sure you all do too!

Here's hoping we all have healthy, happy pregnancies and beautiful, little babies in our arms at the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Ciarabear - me too, I'm also 20th Jan :D

5 IVF and 10 years later, better late than never

Absolutely over the moon

Congratulations Ciara bear and merry lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

TWINS!!! :D:D:D
    Probably means I should move to the due dec 13 thread, as multiples rarely go full term.

Delighted isn't the word! (And a little bit petrified too!)

Advertisement