Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I noticed the website had been modernised for the first time in a decade, but it clearly provides different content to different members as mine is still entirely barcode driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

@ Bromley52 they say you can now upload receipts ---- But I can't login, so they've gone from one hiccup to the next by the looks of it. Can you log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd recommend contacting them - it would appear that they are having teething issues with the new site.

dudara wrote: »
    I'd recommend contacting them - it would appear that they are having teething issues with the new site.

I did via email, facebook and twitter........ I think they are just ignoring everything or just disorganised. I contacted Kantar Worldpanel on twitter and that's when Shop&scan got in contact, perhaps me not being able to login is payback for complaining to those above!
    I'm not impressed at all with their CS and lack of help or alternatives, like emailing receipts until it's fixed.

They have fixed the login and you can upload receipts albeit one at a time or you'll get a file size issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

How did you register for the upload of the receipts project, was it via the shopandscan.ie website or another website?

Are you doing both projects scan products barcode and the picture upload? or does it mention if you can do both at the same time?

I'm a new member I registered at volunteer4panels.com via the shop & scan site, they sent me the scanner, barcode book and reg pin which I entered when I registered online. Then I downloaded the app which transmits the barcodes for you and you have to login to the website which then gives the option to upload the scanned/photo receipts.

They don't have to be done at the same time unless you want to. The deadline for the week is midnight on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone on this panel received their points yet this month? They usually come in by now, and I haven't received a newsletter since January

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not yet. Did receive the new codebook, though. Also never received a February newsletter but didn't take notice of it.

Kantar haven't gone away, and points can be added at the last day sometimes (been on for about a decade now)

Arrived at half one in the morning this morning (which isn't March!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

got mine and cashed out 100 quid in vouchers

L1011 wrote: »
    Arrived at half one in the morning this morning (which isn't March!)
    Same. Reformatted too, so end-of-month may become the standard now

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Hi once again sorry to bump an old thread but is it all free to join or are you required an upfront payment also if you get bored of it can you just stop or do they hound you. Many thanks

peewee_44 wrote: »
    Hi once again sorry to bump an old thread but is it all free to join or are you required an upfront payment also if you get bored of it can you just stop or do they hound you. Many thanks

Free but they only accept people they want. Can post the kit back free at any stage.

Thank you I have registered it says they will send letter out so let's see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

just wondering for the people who shop and scan,
    is 200 per week the max standard points that can be received.
    60 for receipts and
    140 for bar codes.
    or are there other tricks that I should know about to get the most points possible.
    cheers.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Buy weird stuff and you might get surveys. That's it. The per-period points you get purely for doing the scanning, the bonuses come automatically and the surveys everyone gets, well, everyone gets.

I have got some surveys on whiskey due to buying a wide range of whiskey.

I am just awaiting y equipment now. If i buy something random from aldi like a duvet cover do i scan that kind of stuff in too or just food and drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I am just awaiting y equipment now. If i buy something random from aldi like a duvet cover do i scan that kind of stuff in too or just food and drink

It's up to you.
    Just note that you don't get extra points for additional weekly scans.
    I just do my food shop, scan it and upload it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

rameire wrote: »
    just wondering for the people who shop and scan,
    is 200 per week the max standard points that can be received.
    60 for receipts and
    140 for bar codes.
    or are there other tricks that I should know about to get the most points possible.
    cheers.

Hmm this is new to me.. Mine comes in fix points regardless.. Isn't everyone the same?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement

lau1247 wrote: »
    Hmm this is new to me.. Mine comes in fix points regardless.. Isn't everyone the same?

There are newer setups - some people photograph receipts rather than actually scanning and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I photograph my receipts and upload them to the site.
    Payment is fixed at 150 & 60.
    Extra points are given at birthday and for doing surveys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

L1011 wrote: »
    There are newer setups - some people photograph receipts rather than actually scanning and so on.

thanks.. looks like my set up was one of the earlier ones..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Amazon vouchers available again. Same price, but they're sent out by regular mail now

Virtanen wrote: »
    Amazon vouchers available again. Same price, but they're sent out by regular mail now

That's... Awkward. Better than not offering them

Just spotted this after signing in:
    Please note that Amazon e-codes are temporarily unavailable on the rewards catalogue. However, we have added Amazon gift cards to the rewards catalogue for you to order until the e-codes become available again.

Still waiting for my equipment......im starting to grow a teeny tiny beard waiting lol

I'm just about to cash in my points, it seems they don't send one card with total amount but multiple cards with the small amounts eg €15. How many can you hand over in one purchase..... could be there a while with 12 or 13 cards FFS! Sure here's my deck of payment cards!

I've used 8x in one go in Woodies. They would have to either order on demand (as some sites do) or keep stock of all denominations if they did larger cards. Not unworkable, but they've decided not to.

Amazon don't care how many codes you load, either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Gormal wrote: »
    I'm just about to cash in my points, it seems they don't send one card with total amount but multiple cards with the small amounts eg €15. How many can you hand over in one purchase..... could be there a while with 12 or 13 cards FFS! Sure here's my deck of payment cards!

I've used 10+ in BT. You should have seen the length of that receipt!

Advertisement