Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 17th. January 2015

Options
  • 17-01-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,944 ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

bunnycups.gif

*record scratches*

comic-book-guy.jpg

''WEAKEST...SNS LINE-UP...EVER!''

Coming up on the show this week, we have this year’s leaders from Operation Transformation to talk with Brendan about beginning their journey to a healthier future. YouTube sensations The Saccone-Jolys will be in to chat about their meteoric rise to fame on the internet and what led them to share themselves online with hundreds of thousands of people through their vlogs and Twitter. Charismatic Dr Jessen from Embarrassing Bodies will be in to share his view on drink and drugs and that may be seen as more controversial than most GPs. This week’s internet viral hit, Ruairi McSorley, will be sharing his unique views of the weather! Matt Cooper will also be in to talk about a controversial subject that most people avoid but that he has had to deal with twice when he signed a ‘do-not-resuscitate’ consent form for his parents. Up and coming Irish singer- songwriter, Ross Breen will be in to perform his new single “Idyllic Valley”. Tune in at 9.50pm and enjoy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

That IS a very weak line up.... D'Arcy will hardly be rubbing his hands with the prospect of interviewing that level of nobodies..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Between this and Nicky Byrne's CD case opening effort it's a shocker of a night. Little did we suspect when we were watching Murphy's Micro Quiz-M and Liam O'Murchu on Trom agus Eadrom that we were living in the golden age of RTE entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

In the words of Fr Jack...dhrink, dhrink, dhrink...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Liam O'Murchu on Trom agus Eadrom

Oh come on, it wasn't a patch on SBB ina Shuí

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Oh come on, it wasn't a patch on SBB ina Shuí

Scaoil Amach An Bobailin was his latter day effort. It always mingles in my memory with Cynthia Ni Mhurchu and Mary Robinson sometime around 1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Scaoil Amach An Bobailin was his latter day effort. It always mingles in my memory with Cynthia Ni Mhurchu and Mary Robinson sometime around 1990.

Sounds kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Coming up on the show this week, we have this year’s leaders from Operation Transformation to talk with Brendan about beginning their journey to a healthier future.

Every.bloody.year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dick Dastardly & Muttley.......................heros

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, yis know I love you all...

But I really don't think I can take it tonight. It's soooo bad.

And to think last week I was going to defend the SNS for improving over the past couple of years.

Dreadful, dreadful bollocks.

See yis in a while.

• Advertisement

But I'm changing channel when the kid who is famous for talking about being cold is on.

For F*** SAKE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Claire Byrne said last night that her new show would include well known faces talking about issues outside of their comfort zone.

Am I cynical to think that a third show vying for the same pool of guests will only make the future quality of guests even poorer for LLS and SNS?

Claire Byrne said last night that her new show would include well known faces talking about issues outside of their comfort zone.

Am I cynical to think that a third show vying for the same pool of guests will only make the future quality of guests even poorer for LLS and SNS?

I'm expecting the OP in the next few weeks to contain this sentence...

"Also joining us on the couch tonight, a middle aged couple we stopped walking their dog outside the studio this evening! We'll find out what kind of dog it is, do they walk him every day, and how are they coping with this bit of a cold snap."

Ol' Donie wrote: »

"Also joining us on the couch tonight, a middle aged couple we stopped walking their dog outside the studio this evening! We'll find out what kind of dog it is, do they walk him every day, and how are they coping with this bit of a cold snap."

I would genuinely rather hear random people talking about their dogs than any of the guests on tonight's show. You should copyright that idea, Donie!

Skid X wrote: »
    I would genuinely rather hear random people talking about their dogs than any of the guests on tonight's show. You should copyright that idea, Donie!

I'm gonna head over and pitch it to RTE.

I've an extra original twist. I'm gonna have four judges sitting in front of the crowd. I'm thinking a pretty one, a senior one, another pretty one and a mean one who tells iit like he sees it. These will give their comments after every interview, and the crowd will boo or cheer as appropriate to suit the director's narrative.

What do yis think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe Duffy will be on to ask, "What's the dog's name?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sweet jesus

Lads, yis know I love you all...And to think last week I was going to defend the SNS for improving over the past couple of years. Dreadful, dreadful bollocks. See yis in a while.

I'm sorry people but I dont think I'm gonna be able to suffer through the show either.. Last nite just took it all out of me... So I'm going to "Do A Donie" as well.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

So I'm cynical in good company :D

• Advertisement

I'm watching Boyhood now so won't be switching to that dross

• Registered Users Posts: 81,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder do Brendan and Tubs have a pick each of a pool of guests or does Brendan just get who Tubs doesn't use?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's really coming to something when Brendan has to trawl through Youtube to find guests.

Evening all.

SLINGWATCH UPDATE

Brendan's arm is still in a sling

Skid X wrote: »
    SLINGWATCH UPDATE

Brendan's arm is still in a sling

Dude don't be saying sling watch I think of something else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,944 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening y'all!

So...

Did anyone spend last week using Avril Mulcahy's dating tips?

rejects.gif

Ha, People Before Prophet.

Defo gonna use that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does this fella come with subtitles?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hard to put an age on him, anywhere from 16 to 25?

• Advertisement

If Kevin McAleer had been louder...... and Protestant..

Advertisement