Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyson Fury (undisputed world champion!) vs Vladimir SEE MOD WARNING POST#558

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Meanwhile Tyson announces his ambitions to go into politics!!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34400386

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

megadodge wrote: »
    It wasn't clear, which is why I asked.

It looked like you (as a boxing fan - I presume) were saying Brook isn't worth looking at, which I would find strange as his style is a very attractive style to watch.

I see what you did there.. good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Meanwhile Tyson announces his ambitions to go into politics!!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34400386

I wonder did Vitali influence that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

I see what you did there.. good lad.

Oohhhh, no fly(weights) on you!

So if Sky can't out the reschedule on until February, would that be it set in stone then? Or would sky just take the loss on it? Maybe BoxNation would take it up?

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    So if Sky can't out the reschedule on until February, would that be it set in stone then? Or would sky just take the loss on it? Maybe BoxNation would take it up?

Think RTL in Germany hold most of the power with Vladimir, depends how quickly he can recover.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think RTL in Germany hold most of the power with Vladimir, depends how quickly he can recover.

Good point, Ideally would be great for this year, but I could see it being next year. Wilder is also on the prowl, I wonder would Fury take up a fight with him? I know Wlad wants a possible fight with him next year.

I wonder did Vitali influence that :p

Possibly, I sure he's fed up with boxing, 4 of his Last 5 fights have been postponed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Possibly, I sure he's fed up with boxing, 4 of his Last 5 fights have been postponed.

Hearing him speak, he would be better placed to stick with boxing. Regardless of his activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Is Joshua v White ppv now? Idiotic if it is. I certainly won't be buying it or the Brook fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Is Joshua v White ppv now? Idiotic if it is. I certainly won't be buying it or the Brook fight.

This has to be a joke?

I, too will not be buying it.

walshb wrote: »
    This has to be a joke?

I, too will not be buying it.

Huge hype about Joshua now, serious crowd for his last fight to see him knock out a partimer in 90 seconds. Lots of people jumping on the bandwagon. Sky will hype this and are turning it into a grudge match, I won't be buying it but it might prove more successful than some of their other PPV fights. I'd expect every Joshua fight from now on to be on box office. Sky are going to milk him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭DylanAFC

Fight back on November 28th according to Tyson on Twitter.

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Fight back on November 28th according to Tyson on Twitter.

Good news but it's up to Sky and RTL now to sort this out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Where would be the best place to get tickets for this fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Fury says here that the fight could be now on ITV.Sky are also in the running.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3645831-tyson-fury-talks-about-his-rescheduled-bout-with-wladimir-klitschko

Another great interview he done with Kugan.

Not a bad delay, I can live with that.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to get tickets for this fight?

The original fight Was a 55000 sellout and I think tickets are being honoured for this one. No doubt some people would want refunds so check out hennessey sports once it's confirmed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The original fight Was a 55000 sellout and I think tickets are being honoured for this one. No doubt some people would want refunds so check out hennessey sports once it's confirmed.
    Yeah tickets are being honored.I couldn't make the original fight but it suits me to go for the rescheduled date.There are a few available on eventim site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Was this a smart move by Wladimir? Claim injury, annoy Tyson and let him hit the sauce for a couple of days/diet & training out the window then reorganise it for November?

On the Sky side of things I dunno how they're planning on making 3PPVs sucessful in late Oct, late Nov and then early Dec if they retain the rights to the fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭selectamatic

clubwelly wrote: »
    Was this a smart move by Wladimir? Claim injury, annoy Tyson and let him hit the sauce for a couple of days/diet & training out the window then reorganise it for November?

If that's what you think then you have a pretty poor outlook on both fighters as professionals :rolleyes:.
    With regards the first bit, a man who has dominated the HW ranks for the last 10 years is hardly that worried about tyson fury that he would have to resort to mind games and trickery to gain an upper hand. (fury is an accomplished domestic fighter yes, competitive and capable of winning at a world level: I have my doubts)
    And with regards the second bit I highly doubt a professional boxer who has a shot at a world title fight is gonna go out on the piss the minute there's a brief postponement to his upcoming fight, which due to him being mandatory challenger will have to take place sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

And with regards the second bit I highly doubt a professional boxer who has a shot at a world title fight is gonna go out on the piss the minute there's a brief postponement to his upcoming fight, which due to him being mandatory challenger will have to take place sooner or later.

Em, he did go out on the piss. And as far as fury was concerned the fight was off.

Em, he did go out on the piss. And as far as fury was concerned the fight was off.

Any proof of that other than a picture of a few pints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Out on the piss in my books equates to something you'd see on the many half hours of sh1te shown on 3e "boozed up britain" "magaluf weekender" etc. Just because tyson fury went to a pub with his family doesn't mean he was on the piss he could have had a pint of beer yes, but he may also have just had a few lucozade's as some do. Also the fight was postponed due to a minor injury not completely off, there's a big difference, and since fury is the mandatory challenger I'd imagine his training regime would have carried on regardless of any minor delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Panic E

clubwelly wrote: »

Actually I'm with you on that. I'm not a Klitchko detractor in the slightest but it was clear that all the hi-jinx were getting to him (take the last press-con for example).

It wouldn't surprise me if he postponed purposely to regain a psychological advantage and to break Tyson's determination and training regimen as you have alluded to.

Panic E wrote: »
    Actually I'm with you on that. I'm not a Klitchko detractor in the slightest but it was clear that all the hi-jinx were getting to him (take the last press-con for example).

It wouldn't surprise me if he postponed purposely to regain a psychological advantage and to break Tyson's determination and training regimen as you have alluded to.

This is laughable. Who lost the plot at the presser again? Ah yes.

I see no reason why the most dominant HW and one of the best fighters on the planet right now would suddenly begin to get worried by Fury.

He had to deal with David Haye, and is in a continuous mental battle with Shannon Briggs. Klitschko has been in this game too long to get worried mentally by a clown like Fury (as Wlad as highly called him). No doubt he is preparing for this fight like all of his others, and he isn't taking Fury lightly. You must have been looking at a different press conference to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It may not surprise you, but it would surprise anyone who has followed Klitschko's career.

A strange thought has come to me this morning, did the film Borat make any reference to Wlad at all? I know he would consider himself Ukranian, but he was born in Kazakhstan wasn't he

Work is dull this morning.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It may not surprise you, but it would surprise anyone who has followed Klitschko's career.

A strange thought has come to me this morning, did the film Borat make any reference to Wlad at all? I know he would consider himself Ukranian, but he was born in Kazakhstan wasn't he

Work is dull this morning.

That is a pretty strange thought!

Don't think he was mentioned in the movie...

In other news the klits fiancee is a 26 year old American model, hot stuff!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

He had to deal with David Haye, and is in a continuous mental battle with Shannon Briggs.

Errah will you go on.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    Errah will you go on.

Have you seen the videos? Im surprised he hasn't asked for a restraining order put against him.

Have you seen the videos? Im surprised he hasn't asked for a restraining order put against him.

That's all staged I'd say. A roided up Shannon Briggs magically appearing at everything from the beach to restaurants to gyms. Completely constructed.

That's all staged I'd say. A roided up Shannon Briggs magically appearing at everything from the beach to restaurants to gyms. Completely constructed.

I got shot down for mentioning that last week.

And you have proof of this I take it?

And you have proof of this I take it?

Do you not find it a bit WWE?

Do you not find it a bit WWE?

Its a complete joke, but I don't think Wlad is in on it at all.

I just think Briggs needs help, serious help.

• Advertisement

Its a complete joke, but I don't think Wlad is in on it at all.

I just thing Briggs needs help, serious help.

I just think if Wlad didn't want the disruption, he's a professional after all, why has he not done anything. I mean, when Briggs knocked him off the board in the river, not only if it's your down time, it was 'dangerous'. Same as in the cafe, that was a joke. IV seen more convincing acting on fair city. Fair enough, you think Briggs needs help, if I was Wlad, I'd been making phonecards as to why he's not getting it to keep him off my back

I just think if Wlad didn't want the disruption, he's a professional after all, why has he not done anything. I mean, when Briggs knocked him off the board in the river, not only if it's your down time, it was 'dangerous'. Same as in the cafe, that was a joke. IV seen more convincing acting on fair city. Fair enough, you think Briggs needs help, if I was Wlad, I'd been making phonecards as to why he's not getting it to keep him off my back

You would have to ask Wlad that.

I agree very much with you that what Briggs is doing is very WWF, but at the same time what could Wlad do? I'm with you in that if it were me I would be getting a ban or something like that done.

Briggs (oddly enough) is still active in boxing, he won at the weekend, so maybe this is his way of pursuing a fight. Its also usually at press conferences lately that he has shown up, he can get more attention that way. After his fight with Vitali he was in intensive care, maybe he checked out too early from that.

Even if Briggs is genuine and Wlad has nothing to do with it, how does that constitute him being locked in "a continuous battle"? If your man is cracked them Wlad knows he's a nutter, I doubt he's sh*tting bricks because Briggs is jumping out of the shadows every time a camera is conveniently near.

Even if Briggs is genuine and Wlad has nothing to do with it, how does that constitute him being locked in "a continuous battle"? If your man is cracked them Wlad knows he's a nutter, I doubt he's sh*tting bricks because Briggs is jumping out of the shadows every time a camera is conveniently near.

Maybe battle was the wrong term then, but he is dealing with him on the same if not more regular basis as Fury. Who would annoy you more from their current actions, Fury or Briggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That is a pretty strange thought!

Don't think he was mentioned in the movie...

In other news the klits fiancee is a 26 year old American model, hot stuff!!

Yeah Hayden Pan........somethingIcantspell

Smoking, think he has a child with her. She comes up to just above his waist actually, looks like a doll next to him. I think she is an actress not a model though, well probably both I suppose

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Tyson just said that he will be coming to the Breaffy House Resort in Castlebar for a few days training.

Tyson just said that he will be coming to the Breaffy House Resort in Castlebar for a few days training.

He was meant to train fully there but pulled out last minute. Plenty of jippo's around there to keep him entertained.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Barbaric Gentleman

The man is cracked in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chocolatito

If the fight didn't get delayed the weigh in would have been today.

I was looking forward to it this weekend. At least we still get the fight though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

I actually love him!

That's nice.

He looks to be in the best condition I've ever seen him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

One thing about Fury, he'll give it a go. He won't do a Haye on it and be happy to lose a decision, he'll get knocked out actually trying to win.

Can't see Fury beating Wlad but he might ask some questions of him given his size and his offensive arsenal.

magma69 wrote: »
    One thing about Fury, he'll give it a go. He won't do a Haye on it and be happy to lose a decision, he'll get knocked out actually trying to win.

Can't see Fury beating Wlad but he might ask some questions of him given his size and his offensive arsenal.

Apart from asking questions of Wlad, I agree with this.
    What questions can be asked of Wlad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement