Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 192 - Cormier v Gustafsson

Options
  • 14-09-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Only a few weeks away and I think it looks a very decent card

MAIN CARD

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson – for light heavyweight title

Johny Hendricks vs. Tyron Woodley
    Ryan Bader vs. Rashad Evans
    Shawn Jordan vs. Ruslan Magomedov
    Jessica Eye vs. Julianna Pena

PRELIMINARY CARD

Ali Bagautinov vs. Joseph Benavidez
    Daniel Hooker vs. Yair Rodriguez
    Alan Jouban vs. Albert Tumenov
    Angela Hill vs. Rose Namajunas

PRELIMINARY CARD

Islam Makhachev vs. Adriano Martins
    Chris Cariaso vs. Sergio Pettis
    Derrick Lewis vs. Viktor Pesta
    Sage Northcutt vs. Francisco Trevino

Looking forward to seeing Alan Jouban again, really liked him since his UFC debut last year - guaranteed FOTN contender

Main event predictions... 55 votes

Cormier by decision
    0% 0 votes
    Cormier by submission
    60% 33 votes
    Cormier by KO
    1% 1 vote
    Gustafsson by decision
    14% 8 votes
    Gustafsson by submission
    20% 11 votes
    Gustafsson by KO
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

These threads need polls :D Could a moderator oblige please? :)

I think Gustafsson has a great shot against DC. If he uses his reach better than Rumble did to keep this standing than I think he can pick Cormier off on his way to a decision. Easier said than done of course and Rumble nearly took Cormier's head off and still lost. I do think this will be a much tougher fight for DC overall though. I'll be having a nibble on Gustafsson at 11/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'll be rooting for Gustafsson if for no other reason than I severely dislike Cormier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Paully D wrote: »
    These threads need polls :D Could a moderator oblige please? :)

Done.

Would love to see nothing more than Gus beating DC but I can't see anybody beating him but Bones Jones tbh.

Woodley v Hendricks has potential to be a snore-fest so I hope they both go for it in this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'll be interesting to see Sage Northcutt's UFC debut in this one.

I was watching a show on Fight Pass last night about Dana and Matt Serra going around to different local shows to find talent. They "spotted" him on one of these shows and gave him a contract. For anyone who hasn't seen the guy, he looks like he should be modelling underwear instead of trying to avoid being punched in the face! He is ridiculously good looking :o But he looks like he could be a fantastic addition to the UFC in terms of his skillset.

And before anyone says it, I know Dana and co knew who he was beforehand and the show was just to add a reality TV aspect to signing him, which they were going to do anyway. It'll certainly help in getting the hype train going if he dispatches of Trevino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

The dude has some serious skills, looking forward to seeing how he does.

His hair is awful though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    And before anyone says it, I know Dana and co knew who he was beforehand and the show was just to add a reality TV aspect to signing him, which they were going to do anyway.

But they were also sitting there talking the piss out of him.
    They had bio's on all the fighters as far as I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Someone was bored on wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I think there's every chance that both Woodley v Hendricks and Evans v Bader are both absolute stinkers. Slow paced gruelling grappling contests. I fancy Hendricks and Bader.

Very intrigued by Gus v DC though. I still don't rate DC that highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dulux99 wrote: »
    I think there's every chance that both Woodley v Hendricks and Evans v Bader are both absolute stinkers. Slow paced gruelling grappling contests. I fancy Hendricks and Bader.

those two fights are really gonna take from what looks like a decent main card
    looking forward already to danas comments at the post pc about these two fights
    it's a shame they didnt bring back phil davis and throw him in there as well :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hendricks - Woodley off the card. Hendricks not making weight the reason given.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

shano_88 wrote: »
    Hendricks - Woodley off the card. Hendricks not making weight the reason given.

I used to love big rig but he keeps giving me reasons to hate him....

He weighed 183 yesterday that's madness

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Both Hendricks & Woodley removed from card... Uriah Hall steps in for both on short notice"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ASOT wrote: »
    He weighed 183 yesterday that's madness

I was looking at his twitter this morning and he had a pic of him titled starting to weight cut, or something along those lines, it's gone now.

He does look very big for his class too.

Has he had issues with weight before?

I think I remember watching some embedded vid where Dana was talking to Lawlor saying if you win you get the belt, if you lose you also get the belt as he's not made weight. Think he made weight in the end though.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I was looking at his twitter this morning and he had a pic of him titled starting to weight cut, or something along those lines, it's gone now.

He does look very big for his class too.

Has he had issues with weight before?

I think I remember watching some embedded vid where Dana was talking to Lawlor saying if you win you get the belt, if you lose you also get the belt as he's not made weight. Think he made weight in the end though.

Yeah hes had problems with weight before, terrible unprofessional especially after all the batching he done about condit getting the fight ahead of him. Watch the latest vlog he says he's in the best shape of his life.... Obviously not though, there's no way he didn't know this was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon lads, it's clearly the fans fault he had problems making the weight....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Yeah hes had problems with weight before, terrible unprofessional especially after all the batching he done about condit getting the fight ahead of him. Watch the latest vlog he says he's in the best shape of his life.... Obviously not though, there's no way he didn't know this was coming.

Fairly ****ty for Woodley too.

Will he get any payment for the work he's put in?

Fairly ****ty for Woodley too.

Will he get any payment for the work he's put in?

Should get his show money I'd say, hopefully anyway I love Woodley.

According to Hendricks' manager Ted Ehrhardt, Hendricks suffered a blockage in his intestine last night while cutting weight, as well as a kidney stone. He was rushed to the emergency room and had to be given an IV. UFC president Dana White announced via Twitter Friday morning that Hendricks-Woodley was off due to "Hendricks weight cut issues."

At Thursday's media day, Hendricks said he currently weighed 183 pounds, which he was happy with. The former UFC welterweight champion has struggled with weight cutting throughout his career, and earlier this year he made headlines when he parted ways with famed MMA nutrionist Mike Dolce.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/2/9439841/johny-hendricks-forced-out-of-ufc-192-fight-after-being-rushed-to

I don't know how or what a blockage in your intestine happens/is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I used to love big rig but he keeps giving me reasons to hate him....

Ah in fairness now its more than ''hendricks cant make weight'' reports are coming out he had an intestinal blockage along with a kidney stone so its not all down to his so called unproffesionalism everyones mentioning

EDIT: beaten to it, ah feck

Depp wrote: »
    Ah in fairness now its more than ''hendricks cant make weight'' reports are coming out he had an intestinal blockage along with a kidney stone so its not all down to his so called unproffesionalism everyones mentioning

EDIT: beaten to it, ah feck

Kidney stones from cutting to much weight, the same thing that's after causing Barao to move up weight and that hamper Aldo sending him to the hospital at one stage. It is unprofessional in my books. That's not the reason I don't like him anyway the main one is he seems like an absolute ass hole, especially all the stories of him giving out to people for touching his belt and not allowing people near it after he won it.

He wouldn't allow pollen near it?

Stay away bees!!

He wouldn't allow pollen near it?

Stay away bees!!

Autocorrect ruins my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Depp wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg
    "Excuses was yesterday. Today your wasting my Motherf***ing time"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is the IV ban in place yet?

scudzilla wrote: »

Yeah this is the first event it's in place for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

scudzilla wrote: »

This is the first event with the ban in place I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Does Ali Bagautinov vs. Joseph Benavidez make main card now?

• Advertisement

Yep, Joe to win by sub I'd say.

Advertisement