Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours threw glass in to our garden?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

wardy2 wrote: »
    Blast them with music when they all go to sleep at 8am...

+1.

Get yourself a Daniel O'Donnell CD,crank up the volume,put on repeat and head out for the day.

Alternatively,Get yourself a set of bag pipes and start practicing for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The parents have brought up brats that behave like this, so I wouldn't be hoping for much there. They didn't lick their disdain for their neighbours off the stones.

Broken glass, call the guards - 'it came from next door and they are away, maybe someone is breaking in'.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Go to the party!
    Dress in your frumpiest clothes and call over, full of smiles and polite chit-chat. Ask for cups of tea. If you can talk a few of your least party-orientated neighbours into joining you, so much the better. You'll drive the coolness out of that party-gaff so quickly they'll all be writing letters to Arthur from Mailbag before they know what's hit them.
    Seriously though, this is what I'd do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 fuzzle

lie to them and say that the glass had hit the dog and you had it in the vets all day. you had to take time off work because of being kept awake and that you have lost money from it.

tell them, if they have another party, that you will be coming into the house to collect any "lost earnings" and "money to pay for the vets bill" when their parents return.

They wont cop that you're lying, and it will DEFINITELY do the trick.

there wont be any parties if you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got a video camera? Record examples what's going on and then have a word with the parents when they get back, does the house any neighbours apart from you? Maybe be worth knocking a few doors if the parents refuse to take any complaint seriously. Or ask the community Guard to have a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Why are irish people so afraid of speaking up/approaching people??

I see these threads pop up again and again, you don't have to be mean about it, you have every right to let them know that's not ok! I would be straight over to them tbh. They might cop on a bit

I'm not exactly one to be walked all over, but in all honesty, they might not even realise they're being idiots. They are teenagers after all.

How about calling over to them, being sound about it, saying "listen lads, I know ye are just enjoying yourselves but there's glass in my garden and you were fairly loud last night. Can you please sort the glass, and remember your neighbours when you're being loud".

Most normal decent teens would just say "ah feck, yeh sorry", and be more well behaved next time.

If they're still being dicks, then take it further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

You'd swear some people on here were never young and got up to a bit of mischief.

Call over to them, ask them to calm it down a bit. If you are met with resistance or backchat, then threaten telling the parents or the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I second the above by Whoopsie and Degag.

Lets be honest, money is on that they will be little dicks about it. But give them the chance. Also, it's the easy way to sort things out. If they don't... call the guards. You don't mind someone having the odd late night party. Sure you need fun in your life. But not reuglarly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

lukesmom wrote: »
    I'd go over myself and threaten them if they don't pick up the glass and if they have any more parties that cause a racket then you are calling the cops and filing a complaint as well as telling their parents on their return.

I don't think I've ever heard a more middle class threat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Pull the esb fuse ( location in external meter cabinet ) on them the next night they are partying, that will quieten them. Throw a shot of broken glass back into their garden see if they like it. Play them at their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

I don't think I've ever heard a more middle class threat.

Lets not confuse middle class with being a complete and utter knob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The area the OP lives in will dictate how he handles it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

The area the OP lives in will dictate how he handles it

I live in a nice area and I'm a she :p

Advertisement