Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody up there loves Bertie!

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭

Bertie Ahern took 16 foreign trips in 2009
    Monday, 15 March 2010 18:17

A new register of TDs' interests shows that former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern took an increased number of paid speaking engagements abroad last year, with fees for each speech of at least €29,000.
    Mr Ahern made 16 foreign trips in 2009 compared to nine the year before. Many of these were paid speaking engagements in locations including Honduras, Nigeria, Dubai and New York.

16 X 29 = €464000 - Nice eh?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0315/politics.html

Now if we can only still get him to settle his long standing tax issues! :rolleyes:

If he was my local TD, I'd be pretty pissed at him. Sounds like he's never there long enough to know what the local issues are!
    Too busy making money for himself again. Maybe he needs it all for Cheltenham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I wonder how many dail votes he makes it to?

Fcukin snake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Nothing sticks to Teflon Biggins, nothing ever will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

are you sure that figure is accurate? because bertie never knows what fcuking currency he gets paid in, and if it were e29,000 rupees i'd be a lot less impressed. aside from that who was fcuking paying him to speak, enron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Wouldn't mind hearing someone in support of the man...

*So they could be torn into..*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

OutlawPete wrote: »

LOL They said that about Gotti too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like Bertie.

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL They said that about Gotti too. :D

don't worry biggins, i'll never rat on you.

genericguy wrote: »
    don't worry biggins, i'll never rat on you.
    You better not, we swore on the secret handshake! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

F.uck it . if you all could make that type of money for talking shuite you wouldn't complain . Fair play to him for cashing in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

phasers wrote: »
    I like Bertie.

You sir, are a disgrace.

I know your game Phasers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Outrage

Fcukin snake

Typical Irish begrudger.

F.uck it . if you all could make that type of money for talking shuite you wouldn't complain . Fair pay to him for cashing in
    Fair play to him yes - but can he do it all on his own time and not when he is being paid to be a TD and represent his area?
    What is he being state paid for? At this rate of coming and going, he's like an absentee landlord!
    Here today - gone tomorrow - and back again!
    Whats he trying to do? Keep up with the Joneses - or at least the O'Donaghues of the Dail?

You better not, we swore on the secret handshake! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Fair play to him yes - but can he do it all on his own time and not when he is being paid to be a TD and represent his area?
    What is he being state paid for? At this rate of coming and going, he's like an absentee landlord!
    Whats he trying to do? Keep up with the Joneses - or at least the O'Donaghues of the Dail?

This should put paid to those absurd claims that TD work their little cotton socks off night and day.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    You sir, are a disgrace. apparently a very attractive woman

fyp

Ah who cares anymore. There's worse things going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Outrage wrote: »
    Typical Irish begrudger.

I'm a Bertie begruder, not an Irish begrudger. Big difference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its for paddy the plasterer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Somebody up there loves Bertie!

More likely it's "down there", scumbag rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Typical Northsider;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Bertie Ahern took 16 foreign trips in 2009
    Monday, 15 March 2010 18:17

A new register of TDs' interests shows that former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern took an increased number of paid speaking engagements abroad last year, with fees for each speech of at least €29,000.
    Mr Ahern made 16 foreign trips in 2009 compared to nine the year before. Many of these were paid speaking engagements in locations including Honduras, Nigeria, Dubai and New York.

16 X 29 = €464000 - Nice eh?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0315/politics.html

Now if we can only still get him to settle his long standing tax issues! :rolleyes:

If he was my local TD, I'd be pretty pissed at him. Sounds like he's never there long enough to know what the local issues are!
    Too busy making money for himself again. Maybe he needs it all for Cheltenham.

Patrick Bartholomew Ahern is a crook of the highest order. I still haven't forgiven Tubridy for that shameful "interview" he gave with Ahern on the Late Late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ah who cares anymore. There's worse things going on.

Very true - there might be a hospital in his area with problems - good luck with the locals trying to contact him to do anything! :(

OutlawPete wrote: »

If we as a society can catch up with the once mighty Roman Catholic church, then I believe that we will get a large number of the rest of the ba stards, this guy especially (as long as Ryan Tubridy is not investigating him).

phasers wrote: »
    I like Bertie.

That doesn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

genericguy wrote: »
    ...aside from that who was fcuking paying him to speak, enron?

NUIM.

He's in charge of (grade) inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I found it odd when he resigned as taoiseach that everyone was asking him what he was going to do now. Its a fair enough question but instead of answering it saying he would still be busy as a hard working TD etc etc he didnt even acknowledge that he still had a job at all saying that he would find something to keep him busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If some people fall in a bucket of shit they'd come up smelling of roses, Bertie is one of these peeps i'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

well, not Hank hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I've two issues with this

1) Who in their right mind would pay to listen to this deluded con-man ?
    2) Between this and swanning around in the car that we're paying for with the driver we're paying for to promote his puke - sorry, "buke" - how many days has he actually been at the work that we're paying him for ?

And yes, my thoughts would be that it's someone "down there".......

Advertisement