Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about friends KFC addiction - what would you say to him to make him stop ?

Options
  • 25-07-2014 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭

A good friend of mine eats KFC every single day without fail. Sometimes twice a day. Large meals with coke - variety meals and boneless banquet meals. He is 26 and not massively overweight. What can I tell him to get him to cop on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought "supersize me" was pretty poor. If you followed similar rules in any hotel or restaurant here you would probably end up far larger, i.e. the rules would be ordering the largest thing you can and if the waitress ever asks if you are alright you can order more.

The go large portion sizes in the US are massive compared to here. I was in NY and got a medium popcorn chicken in KFC as a small bite and it was massive, the ones here are miserable.

Though I have seen that KFC here now lately have all sorts of very large "box meals".

You could point him towards the website to at least show the calories, the site is pretty good and tots up stuff for you as you "go large" on cokes or fries.

This meal with out upgrades is 1435kcal
    http://www.kfc.co.uk/our-food/box-meals/big-daddy-box

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Called over to his gaff this afternoon. He was munching his way through a 20 piece bucket ! Pig !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Twas Not wrote: »
    Called over to his gaff this afternoon. He was munching his way through a 20 piece bucket ! Pig !

Just tell him that you're concerned about his health. Just don't be too pushy about it. See if you can start a dialogue without pissing him off. It could be an uphill struggle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Show him that meme about the mutated chicken that kfc use (yes I know its not true). You know the one saying the company had to change its name to kfc because they legally couldn't brand it as chicken anymore. Your friend might be gullible enough to believe it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Be proactive, make him some healthy food then get him to call over and have some, he has more than likely never a positive experience with food apart from gorging on KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Show him how they make it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

In fairness kfc is unreal. I'm actually craving it now thanks to this thread

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I always found KFC chips and chicken brutal. If I was craving something like that the local chipper is always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Educate him about diabetes and atherosclerosis (and subsequent high blood pressure or heart failure).

Unfortunately, being 26 doesn't make anyone immune.

• Advertisement
Advertisement