Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Ding is playing rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

seanhynes wrote: »
    Ding is playing rubbish

yeah, for a guy thats 3rd in the world, would have expected a lot more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

There's been some great matches so far.

Watching it online via chrome add-on Hola, UK proxy

Alan McManus outfit is a sight to be seen

Proud scotsman, probably go all out for the kilt if he gets to the final

AlanMcManus.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Any links lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

GeneralC wrote: »
    Any links lads?

Eurosport will allow streaming, but you have to pay for that service.

Eurosport will allow streaming, but you have to pay for that service.

bbc are streaming the snooker for free

Just checked account I have a four fold of Neil 1.5 Ronnie 1.5 John Higgins 0,5 and carter 0.5 match centuries ,only need Ronnie to fire in two tomorrow think it's likely 5/6 odds sweet

Looking forward to the other sullivan match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Ding came through anyway 10-7 against Mark Davis from 4-0 down, he will be happy with that recovery despite missing out on a 147 by playing position on the blue on the 13th red!

Good attempt at the 147

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

https://vine.co/v/eaMLDYFh3zg

Ding forgetting he was on a 147 for anyone who missed the coverage. What has he done?

syngindub wrote: »
    bbc are streaming the snooker for free

But is that only available to people in the UK?

Glenman wrote: »
    But is that only available to people in the UK?

if you are using chrome for your browser, check the add-on called Hola.

Thanks for the updates on the matches folks for us poor souls in work on such a fine day

Great safety shot by steadman won him that frame. Forced Ronnie to play a shot he didn't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

bren2001 wrote: »
    https://vine.co/v/eaMLDYFh3zg

Ding forgetting he was on a 147 for anyone who missed the coverage. What has he done?

What's the prize money for a 147 at the World Championship?~

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    What's the prize money for a 147 at the World Championship?~

About 30k i believe. Between that and Ronnies shoe issue it has been a strange day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

There is a guy sat in the first seat to the right of the players seats in the osullivan steadman game (white top) who is always in that seat (or the one opposite for the other table)

I went to the final a few years back and he was there the just about every match except the final. He usually wears a light blue football shirt.

Also the big guy (grey top) about level with the blue spot on the left, ive seen him loads of times at matches, he always seems to be nodding off.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    There is a guy sat in the first seat to the right of the players seats in the osullivan steadman game (white top) who is always in that seat (or the one opposite for the other table)

I went to the final a few years back and he was there the just about every match except the final. He usually wears a light blue football shirt.

Also the big guy (grey top) about level with the blue spot on the left, ive seen him loads of times at matches, he always seems to be nodding off.

he wears the coventry jearsey normally yeah.
    That guy proposed a few years ago, he got the full walk on like a player.

There are a few of them in the same seats every year alright.

• Advertisement

There are also two old men who are seated right behind where the players break off but dead centre so they can watch the two tables,always wear a suit jackets the two of them!!

Any1 see that 7th frame of Williams Stevens there utterly bizarre a string of easy balls missed and the white kept going in off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Poor quality in the williams vs stevens match. It keeps going in off. Even virgo has nearly stopped saying 'where's the cue ball going'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Poor quality in the williams vs stevens match. It keeps going in off. Even virgo has nearly stopped saying 'where's the cue ball going'

I'm glad I watch it on Eurosport, as I just can't listen to Taylor and Virgo.
    Virgo speaks without opening his mouth, and Taylor never shuts up about the "atmosphere in the crucible" and the "knowledge of the crowd" and "the baloo and the brine"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Heading over in the morning for two sessions Thursday and one Friday. Front row seats, can't wait.

Ronnie through to the second round with a 10-3 victory. He will more than likely play Matthew Stevens unless Mark Williams can do something special this afternoon to come from 7-2 behind.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Heading over in the morning for two sessions Thursday and one Friday. Front row seats, can't wait.

I'm jealous. Enjoy the matches!

Tried to get tickets to one of the O' Sullivan games but they were all sold out. How far in advance would you need to buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

mdwexford wrote: »

Who you seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Glenman wrote: »
    Ronnie through to the second round with a 10-3 victory. He will more than likely play Matthew Stevens unless Mark Williams can do something special this afternoon to come from 7-2 behind.

He's a 'shoe-in' for the final if you ask me. . . . . . . . see what I did there?

I'm jealous. Enjoy the matches!

Tried to get tickets to one of the O' Sullivan games but they were all sold out. How far in advance would you need to buy them?

Haha, cheers.

I bought mine May 6th last year the morning they went on sale. You'd need to be quick off the mark to get good seats.

• Advertisement

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Who you seeing?

Looks like

Selby vs McGill
    Higgins vs Ding
    Allen vs Hawkins

Very happy with that, unless they decide to change who's on what table in which case it'll be Trump and then Murphy in their first round matches which isn't bad either.

Advertisement