Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT EXEO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

the really really weird part is that, I have a photo of a girl I know - and she is wearing EXACTLY the same outfit as the girl in this photo. The only thing is that my photo dates back to 2004! Some things *never* change!

Wait a sec...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Nice, an A4 for less money and without the badge. I'd get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

still its no audi a4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

xbox36016 wrote: »
    still its no audi a4
    Yep, its a Seat Exeo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I think the Audi boss should given the boot for allowing this, then he would be the EX CEO.

I think the Audi boss should given the boot for allowing this, then he would be the EX CEO.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I quite like this!!I know the basic engines are fairly rubbish.There are a lot more pictures of the car(And the doll:pac:) here

Look at the pictures of the interior.Not only is it, the A4 but the A4 cabrio, which afaik, is still in production.They dont seem to have skimped on any of the audi quality.I'd love to know what a decent specced one, like the one in the pics, with a decent engine will cost over here.

"Diesel engines of latest generation (from 88 kW / 120 HP to 125 kW / 170 HP)"

That, indeed says diesels from 120bhp.The only vag diesel engine with 120bhp is the 2.0 CR TDi from the NEW audi A4.This would mean that the exeo is the first VAG car other than the a4, to get that engine in that output.I honestly cant believe that!!

I cant see how seat are allowed to do any of this really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

damn no v6 Tdi !!

still I like it a lot, wonder have they tweaked the suspension at all, looks seriously nice inside.im sold wonder how much for the 120bhp CR Tdi. If its anywhere near 30k im happy ;)

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Look at the pictures of the interior.Not only is it, the A4 but the A4 cabrio, which afaik, is still in production.They dont seem to have skimped on any of the audi quality.I'd love to know what a decent specced one, like the one in the pics, with a decent engine will cost over here...

noticed that too and yep I'd like to know what it will cost. Surely it will HAVE to be cheap?!! If it's under €25k I think I know a few people that would buy one straight away.

It would have to be €25k-ish to start though, right? Surely they'll price it in a similar manner to the Superb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Must be easy work in the Seat design house. Copy, paste, done. Right, off to the pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Lots of badge snobbery here... dont worry audi lovers, the credit crunch will devalue your car faster than this seat!

Joking aside, I think its a fantastic move. mechanically under the skin, it will be built on a proven known chassis with a production process that has been tested and refined over the years. It should make for happy long trouble free motoring.
    The skin on the other hand, is quite different from the a4, I like it. I think its elegant and refined as another poster pointed out.
    The interior is a big step up and about damn time too... the existing seat range look very cheap in comparison.
    I agree about the 1.6 but realistically who is going to opt for a 1.6 ina body so large over here. I would be surprised if the 1.6 was even offered over here...

I think this is a great idea, whoever thought of it at seat should be congratulated. The 'older' a4 is/was a good car. Seat should do well with this car. I for one would be very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well they cannot do any worse, the current Toledo is hardly a sales success, I wonder who the geniuse was that taught a saloon MPV would sell?

As for the designers of the EXEO, I reckon its the same lazy designers who gave us the MkVI Golf exterior. VAG must have shares in Photoshop or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Joking aside, I don't mind it. Most people on boards (and in Ireland) harp on at people about how good the Superb is, where I always found that it's an uglier B5.5 Passat, which was ugly to begin with. This looks much better than a Superb, won't be as practical though. They need to price it to match the Superb though, or they'll just loose. Seat still consider themselves to be a direct alternative to VW rather than the Skoda method of a cheaper alternative. The Leon is practically the same price as the Golf (although MUCH nicer), but this needs to be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Remind me of the current Hyundai Sonata.

2009%20Hyundai%20Sonata%202.jpg

From that angle anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

2.0 TFSI quattro with Recaros for about 35K sitting in band E would do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

According to Autocar, the UK price kicks off at £17k for a base diesel - which is I think the same price as a Superb with the same engine. So, as a rough guide reckon it'll be priced similarly to the Superb over here perhaps. Only 2 diesels on offer in UK.

Also, they're doing an estate - which sounds quite useful. Finally, high level of standard equipment.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/235259/#

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

superjosh9 wrote: »
    Only 2 diesels on offer in UK.

As in no petrols, thats odd, no? (and crap)
    superjosh9 wrote: »
    Finally, high level of standard equipment.

On the Irish "pov" spec too i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cough *Bump* Cough

Was talking to a Seat dealer about this. Very little info so far, 1.6 and 2.0 L diesels confirmed and is due by mid Feb. Thats all I got though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Exeo looks nice, I'd definitely consider one.

They due to be released here next Feb is it, yeah??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

170BHP diesel for me if and when it becomes available.
    2010 I think ?
    Suits me fine as I will be changing then :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Cough *Bump* Cough

Was talking to a Seat dealer about this. Very little info so far, 1.6 and 2.0 L diesels confirmed and is due by mid Feb. Thats all I got though...

Hopefully we won't be getting the stone age 1.6.

There's no need for it as our tax system is designed to promote the purchase of low CO2 diesel/high tech petrol cars, not high CO2 cars with antiquated engine technology as found in the Exeo 1.6.

The reason the UK is only getting 2 diesels is because diesels are by far the most popular powerplant in this sector and the basic diesel has only 120 bhp, an option Seat knows wouldn't interest the Brits who actually like cars.

The base engine over there has 140 bhp, and with a bit of luck, that's what we'll get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭cvisser

i'll say it will do well anyways, once word will get out that its the old A4, thats all people will think, "mmmmmmmmmmmmm A4 for Seat money" Wonder wat the c02 will be on there diesels, it will have to be price aggresivaly too now that the New Improve Octavia is here.... check picture.

also note the interior shot, the steering wheel is the same as the New Seat.... there all sharing parts within the VW Group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Can someone enlighten me as to what is so exciting about a car that was launched 8 years ago as a premium brand, and now is being re-launched in a most definately un-premium brand?

A lot of people seem to have missed that this car is based on the 01-07 Audi A4, not the current one.

Seat are going nowhere in this country, the fact that when Volkswagen Group Ireland was established at the start of this month and low and behold we find that Seat are not part of this speaks volumes about VAGs interest or rather the lack of it, in Seat.

The fact that the Volkswagen Group has decided that an eight year old chassis and an entry petrol engine quite possibly double that age is perfectly adequate for a car named "Exeo", which presumably is short for "executive" or words along those lines in Spanish confirms this lack of interest the Volkswagen Group has in Seat, especially when Skoda's Superb is based in the VW Passat and gets the latest direct injection petrol as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    Can someone enlighten me as to what is so exciting about a car that was launched 8 years ago as a premium brand, and now is being re-launched in a most definately un-premium brand?

A lot of people seem to have missed that this car is based on the 01-07 Audi A4, not the current one.

Seat are going nowhere in this country, the fact that when Volkswagen Group Ireland was established at the start of this month and low and behold we find that Seat are not part of this speaks volumes about VAGs interest or rather the lack of it, in Seat.

The fact that the Volkswagen Group has decided that an eight year old chassis and an entry petrol engine quite possibly double that age is perfectly adequate for a car named "Exeo", which presumably is short for "executive" or words along those lines in Spanish confirms this lack of interest the Volkswagen Group has in Seat, especially when Skoda's Superb is based in the VW Passat and gets the latest direct injection petrol as well.

All very true.Although when the news broke that the exeo would be based on the A4, i remember looking nto it.Apparently, after the mega-flop that was the toledo, seat felt they needed to get straight back into the game.Unfortunately, they did not have the time to create a new car from scratch which is why they used the a4.

I also remember reading that seat plan for the exeo to have a relatively short lifespan, in its current state, that is.The exeos replacement should'nt be any further than 2012 when it will be a seat in its own right.By then, seat hope the first exeo will have put them back on the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Kafer

A lot of manufacturers are reusing existing platforms. New Golf in reality is using a platform from 2004. Laguna did the same. Thing these are updates to an existing model.

With the Exeo they are launching this as a brand new model in a different brand. They could have done a bit more than give the front and rear a lick and call it a new car. The side profile is still Audi and if I was a Audi owner I'd be pi55ed off over this car to be honest.

At least the Superb had a longer wheelbase than the B5 passat that it was based on.

I'll make a final judgement when I see it in the metal and see what the prices are like.

If this could be bought as a 2.0TDI 143ps with a nice spec for say 26-27k then it is very very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Its does raise interesting issues to do with brand values. The 01-07 Audi was a good car to which many people aspired and did very well for Audi. Now we have it as a Seat, with a nicer dash (from the Cabrio), seemingly more refined now with lots of sound deadening and laminated glass, everything says it should be a BETTER car than the one that did so well for Audi. Yet we are all rather underwhelmed and dismissive, the reason being it is a Seat.

While I think it undermines Audis credibility as a premium marque anyone who can see past that will no doubt end up with a very good car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

E92 wrote: »

Well, the new Superb is now a 3 year old chassis. But the Irish do love their VAG's, so that's why they make much ado about this one. All those hypercar Golf GT TDI drivers really aspire to the 2.5 TDi Quattro A4, so maybe this will give them that for less!
    Also, I don't know why VW have ignored Seat. Skoda were more of a joke than Seat when they started out, you'd think it'd be less of a task to bring Seat to the fore, but they haven't. I'd also far prefer a Leon to an Octavia or Golf in the VAG range, so what does that say? Seat aren't marketed well in this country, never were.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just checked out thread and thought first of all I was looking at a hyrbid type of Octavia but then after hearing about the A4 I realised its a horrible sting to me with my 06 Audi A4.

The interior is identical except for the round vents, steering wheel and left aspect radio.

The mirrors are different and the headlights are slightly different.

The rear clusters are similar in size not design.

Nice Knockers BTW. People still say knockers. If so, KNOCKERS!!

All in all, as it wont have the Audi rings It wont compete on market positioning. Its like the toyota lexus debacle with the Altezza and IS200. Both the same bodyshape but one a cheaper knock off of the other or vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Here is my A4 interior

PICT0541.jpg

and here is the Seat interior

2010_seat_exeo_sedan_011-1001-950x673.jpg

Advertisement