Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Academy Cup - FSA pre season tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

jimmii wrote: »
    Looks like a couple of you rookies managed to squeeze your way into pot 1 with the champs.

World number 1s in pot two. Hope we get them so we can take them casuals out.

Living on past achievements Jimmi, sounds like a man under pressure of the FSA Renegades coming to send your squad into the also rans of this competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ah, lookit we'll never have the budget to compete with some of these other sides. When you look at their squads, lads like Lemlin, busts, the French fella, lookit, they're premier division players! We just need to work hard and not make it easy for them. All I can guarantee the supporters is we'll not be found wanting for honesty of effort.

olliehorgan2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Ah, lookit we'll never have the budget to compete with some of these other sides. When you look at their squads, lads like Lemlin, busts, the French fella, lookit, they're premier division players! We just need to work hard and not make it easy for them. All I can guarantee the supporters is we'll not be found wanting for honesty of effort.

olliehorgan2.jpg

Ah look next ye will be showing good character and trying to be like the Renegades....

Our first season in this Cup and we are here to make a mark and win it, no second best for us.

dahat wrote: »
    Ah look next ye will be showing good character and trying to be like the Renegades....

Our first season in this Cup and we are here to make a mark and win it, no second best for us.

It's the Ollie Horgan school of playing down your own chances to a comical level for the uninitiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dahat wrote: »
    Living on past achievements Jimmi, sounds like a man under pressure of the FSA Renegades coming to send your squad into the also rans of this competition!

If by past you mean current champions then I guess we are. We're happy for you guys to ride on our coat tails on this one all you johnny come latelys will be dropping by the wayside pretty quickly once things get serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I definitely think that is a good probability. Once it hits knockouts one bad week could kill you, but I think with our ORs we all have a good chance in a group scenario.

The good thing about the team format is often you are able to ride out one team or even two having a bad week. Teams were rampant with their hits last year in the final we started 20 points up or something stupid like that talk about trying to take yourself out before it even starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ah lads it's no place for fighting yet. First let's all reach the Quarters and make full FSA Semis. Yeah, let's rule the world first and then have no mercy for each other to grab the laurel wreath :pac:.

Our 5 FSA teams in the top26 (out of 80 teams): 4 top seed and 1 second tier. 3 of our teams in the GW8 top7 and 2 of our managers in the GW8 top9. If there was any time to praise ourselves, it is now :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Defending champions Boards FSA in group D

FSA Renegades in Group N

• Advertisement

Ollie Horgan still in the hat!

Group O with 2 teams from Bangladesh apparently!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FSA Crème de la Prem' in Group B.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Feel bad for the Creme De La Prem, they've just run into a juggernaut this week. Take a bow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Feel bad for the Creme De La Prem, they've just run into a juggernaut this week. Take a bow lads.

Did we lose our first game already?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did we lose our first game already?

I probably jumped the gun on this a little. By my count it's a 16 point lead with Ayew vs Gomis and Naughton

I probably jumped the gun on this a little. By my count it's a 16 point lead with Ayew vs Gomis and Naughton

Is this in our comp though or has the real comp started?

Don't think the real thing starts for a couple of weeks.

Our one. Real one isn't til week 11 and we're both seeded so didn't end up in the same group.

• Advertisement

GW11 - GW14 for group stages: http://www.fplacademy.com/fplatc-update/

Tis only the Makita Cup so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tis only the Makita Cup so!

But the Mikita cup was a chance for the creme de la prems of the world to win a bit of silverware, you should be embracing this competition because you never know when you'll meet the anti Ramseys on an off week.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have Martin aswell

I have Martin aswell

They probably have Martin also which will cancel each other out.

F1ngers wrote: »
    They probably have Martin also which will cancel each other out.

Nope, mistake on my part

What's the table looking like after GW9 results? Renegades were on bye week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What's the table looking like after GW9 results? Renegades were on bye week

Could someone from each team post the scores for their team for gw 8 and 9 and I'll do the table later.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Am I on a team in this?

• Advertisement

Could someone from each team post the scores for their team for gw 8 and 9 and I'll do the table later.

We beat Ollie Horgan's in GW8. Lost to FSA Boards in GW7

Advertisement