Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woman for Hell!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bookmakred for the next time someone in AH thinks that stuff like this is nessecary because they can't reaons with kids.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

KilOit wrote: »
    Kids need to be thought manners i'd say that kid is a little brat, good enough for him, he'll think twice now before acting the maggot, kids can never get enough hot sauce and cold showers in my opinion.

posting stupidly ignorant stuff like this on the net doesnt make you cool ,its makes you a gobshite.

That woman should have everything she did to that kid done back to her, what a sadistic bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

krudler wrote: »
    That woman should have everything she did to that kid done back to her, what a sadistic bitch.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

so child abuse is ok in your books?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

A major over-reaction from the parent no doubt, but jeez people, get off the high horses here. Calling for violence against her and kids taken off her?
    I'm sure once she sees this video and has a good think about it she will know she was way over the top. I'm sure some parents here have spanked a bold child in their time.

And no, I'm not saying it was ok or that people should do this to kids before the self righteous brigade launch themselves at me.

But please, a little bit of perspective here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A major over-reaction from the parent no doubt, but jeez people, get off the high horses here. Calling for violence against her and kids taken off her?
    I'm sure once she sees this video and has a good think about it she will know she was way over the top. I'm sure some parents here have spanked a bold child in their time.

And no, I'm not saying it was ok or that people should do this to kids before the self righteous brigade launch themselves at me.

She admitted that she's knows that what she did was wrong. She also says that she keeps doing it. The clip shows one incident, and who knows if it's even the worst she has done!

This is a kid with psychological issues (pathological lying/stealing apparently) and the last thing he needs is this sort of abuse that will no doubt make things much much worse.

It's people like her that eventually go over the top, kill their kids and leave everyone reading about it on the news & saying "Someone should have done something". She is a danger to her kids, and a very nasty individual. She has no sympathy from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Who keeps hot sauce in the bathroom?

That's what I was wondering. She must leave it in there to do this to the kid frequently.

The physical side of this is horrible, but I think what is worse is how she badgers on and on at the poor child, repeatedly. She is some weapon alright.

Kids need to be thought manners i'd say that kid is a little brat, good enough for him, he'll think twice now before acting the maggot, kids can never get enough hot sauce and cold showers in my opinion.

Honestly, your post comes across purely as a trolling attempt...which I actually hope it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

i literally started crying watching that
    On the verge myself here. What a fcuking mentally abusive cow of a human being. Thats so upsetting to watch, the poor poor child.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Erm, the child should be taken away from her. You know why? Because that's CHILD ABUSE.

I don't think her having a ''good think about it'' is good enough.

• Advertisement

You're right, now if all those husbands who abuse their wives would just sit and have a good think about it, I'm sure they wouldnt do it again.

Are you serious? she says herself its a regular thing, thats not an overreaction, its child abuse, plain and simple.
    I'm sure many parents have spanked a kid, but shes not spanking him, shes torturing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

That woman's a c*nt. I was brought to tears too. If that kind of cruelty continues the poor boy's going to develop psychological problems (if he doesn't already have them)

She admitted that she's knows that what she did was wrong. She also says that she keeps doing it. The clip shows one incident, and who knows if it's even the worst she has done!

This is a kid with psychological issues (pathological lying/stealing apparently) and the last thing he needs is this sort of abuse that will no doubt make things much much worse.

It's people like her that eventually go over the top, kill their kids and leave everyone reading about it on the news & saying "Someone should have done something". She is a danger to her kids, and a very nasty individual. She has no sympathy from me.

Bit of a stretch here, imo. Whilst her actions were clearly wrong and ill advised, I wouldn't quite put her in Dr. Mengele or Rose West territory just yet.

As for the kid, what do you think she should do with him? Some sort of punishment is needed. I'm not sure stealing and lying can be dismissed as 'psychological issues'. This excuse tends to get trotted out for every misbehaving person these days, whether it's ADD, ADHD, or learning difficulties. I'm not saying these conditions don't genuinely exist, but they do tend to get over-used. Sometimes a little discipline is all that is necessary. Not like she did, however.

As for the mother-Well as I said, this sort of treatment isn't appropriate. The kid should be temporarily taken into care; She should be made attend a parenting course, and advised by professionals in how to deal with a kid with behavioural problems, if he does indeed have them. I would think her actions were seriously bad judgement, rather than evil or sadistic.
    Once she has completed this, she should be free to parent again, under supervision and regular checks ups from the authorities.

On a side note, at least she is trying to discipline her kid, which is more than can be said for a lot of parents. It's just unfortunate that she totally screwed it up. The motives were good, the methods not so.

So no, I won't be joining the lynch mob.

You're right, now if all those husbands who abuse their wives would just sit and have a good think about it, I'm sure they wouldnt do it again.

Are you serious? she says herself its a regular thing, thats not an overreaction, its child abuse, plain and simple.
    I'm sure many parents have spanked a kid, but shes not spanking him, shes torturing him.

Well isn't that the very point of rehabilitation? To show a person the errors of their ways, and change their behaviour? I can't answer for every offender, nor excuse their behaviour, but people can and do change.

You are right in that it is child abuse, but I don't think we could call it torture under any legal definition.

Well isn't that the very point of rehabilitation? To show a person the errors of their ways, and change their behaviour? I can't answer for every offender, nor excuse their behaviour, but people can and do change.

You are right in that it is child abuse, but I don't think we could call it torture under any legal definition.

This is the UN's definition of torture:
    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession

She was trying to get him to admit he was wrong, which he did on numerous times, and kept pushing it. This woman should be allowed parent? my arse, how many times have the social services completely failed to protect kids whose parents beat them to death? look at the cases in the UK recently

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is the UN's definition of torture:

She was trying to get him to admit he was wrong, which he did on numerous times, and kept pushing it. This woman should be allowed parent? my arse, how many times have the social services completely failed to protect kids whose parents beat them to death? look at the cases in the UK recently

Your porblem there is the same problem with torture - people will say whatever you want them to say out of fear. They'll confess to anything.

In the case of the kid, he'll probably make damn sure he doesn't get caught next time.

I'd be very inteested to see the rest of the program and the interview with the woman.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Really disturbing to watch. And I think people should also consider just how spicy hot sauce it, a lick of it from the end of my finger is enough to make my eyes water. I'm surprised that the child was even able to hold it in his mouth. I wouldn't have.

The only redeeming thing to come of this is the fact that the mother submitted the video herself, with the intention of changing her behaviour. At least she's admitting that she was wrong and needs to change. Unfortunately she, and many others like her, is merely reinacting what she experienced in her own childhood. Very sad.

This is the UN's definition of torture: ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession

I think 'severe pain or suffering' is the key phrase here.
    Unpleasant, yes.
    Severe? No, not by a long shot.

I don't think we can judge this woman entirely from a 5 minute segment of Dr. Phil. I know kids who used to have their mouths literally washed out with soap when they said swear words. Unpleasant, but not torture. Is hot sauce really a form of torture? People eat it every day, sometimes accidentally. Is that torture? There would be a lot of lawsuits if so.

As for the cold shower. This is a technique used by the military on suspects. Not appropriate for kids, but not exactly torture either. I think the kid howling theatrically tends to make it look a lot worse than it is. But again, not something a child should have to endure.

I won't disagree at all about the social services in the UK (and here, for that matter), but in those cases, the treatment was torture and off the scale compared to this. Putting out cigarettes on babies, sexual abuse etc. Now compare that with hot sauce and a cold shower. No comparison whatsoever.

I think 'severe pain or suffering' is the key phrase here.
    Unpleasant, yes.
    Severe? No, not by a long shot.

I don't think we can judge this woman entirely from a 5 minute segment of Dr. Phil. I know kids who used to have their mouths literally washed out with soap when they said swear words. Unpleasant, but not torture. Is hot sauce really a form of torture? People eat it every day, sometimes accidentally. Is that torture? There would be a lot of lawsuits if so.

As for the cold shower. This is a technique used by the military on suspects. Not appropriate for kids, but not exactly torture either. I think the kid howling theatrically tends to make it look a lot worse than it is. But again, not something a child should have to endure.

I won't disagree at all about the social services in the UK (and here, for that matter), but in those cases, the treatment was torture and off the scale compared to this. Putting out cigarettes on babies, sexual abuse etc. Now compare that with hot sauce and a cold shower. No comparison whatsoever.

Even a small amount of Hotsauce is very strong. A mouth full of Hotsauce to a child's tastebuds (which are more sensitive to strong flavours) IS torture. I am shocked that he was able to hold it in his mouth, as I know I could not.

Such draconian/cruel punishments only serve to terrify the child. If you read up on the story you'll find that the boy repeatedly lies/steals, so obviously this punishment doesn't work. Given his background (Fostered/adopted), and the fact that he acts out by lying/stealing, it's reasonable to believe that he does have some psychological issues that need to be treated, and not with torture.

The women knows that what she does is wrong, yet admits to keep doing it. She has little self control, and that's what worries me. She might cross a line and that boy could end up seriously hurt or dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I hope that kid grows up to someday slap the shít out of her.

• Advertisement

Even a small amount of Hotsauce is very strong. A mouth full of Hotsauce to a child's tastebuds (which are more sensitive to strong flavours) IS torture. I am shocked that he was able to hold it in his mouth, as I know I could not.

Such draconian/cruel punishments only serve to terrify the child. If you read up on the story you'll find that the boy repeatedly lies/steals, so obviously this punishment doesn't work. Given his background (Fostered/adopted), and the fact that he acts out by lying/stealing, it's reasonable to believe that he does have some psychological issues that need to be treated, and not with torture.

The women knows that what she does is wrong, yet admits to keep doing it. She has little self control, and that's what worries me. She might cross a line and that boy could end up seriously hurt or dead.

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom. Where can I sue for this? I'm taking them, the school, and the government to the EU court of Human Rights.

As for junior, If I was the Mom I'd do the smart thing and give him back to the adoption agency. There-Everybody is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why is this posted in Cool Vids & Pics & Links?

Nothing cool about this. Bloody hell. That is both physical and mental torture. Sure kids need to be disciplined but this is horrible. If that was on tv then social services need to get involved somehow. Even moreso that she was able to adpot these kids,they are not even biologically hers. If nothing is looked into she could easily try adopt another kid who would have to go through this stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

she admits she felt no connection with him from the start of the adoption. Kids can tell, he probably started developing issues day one. Who knows what his life was like before adoption. You do not speak to a child like that. YOU DO NOT. he was quivering. She makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom.

Fill your mouth with a bottle of tabasco and hold it for a minute. You should film it to show us how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Seems a bit staged...

TBH if it was real I think she's defo crossed the line into abuse.

But a child still needs its mother, and people are going too far to say the mother should be carted off to social services etc. She is absolutely not the worst parent, not by a mile. I've seen real abuse, this doesn't even scratch the surface. She means well as most parents do, but she's going around things the wrong way. Some counselling would sort that out, not an expose on Dr. Phil so the whole family can be held up to ridicule. The 'evil music' accompaning it is just pathetic, that's what disturbed me the most

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm disturbed after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The word cunt was invented for people like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh-Well that makes me a torture victim too! On a school tour a few years ago, some classmates put tabasco sauce on my lunch when I went to the bathroom. Where can I sue for this? I'm taking them, the school, and the government to the EU court of Human Rights.

As for junior, If I was the Mom I'd do the smart thing and give him back to the adoption agency. There-Everybody is happy.

You weren't forced to do it and be repeatedly shouted at while you were shaking and crying, that's the difference.

WindSock wrote: »
    You weren't forced to do it and be repeatedly shouted at while you were shaking and crying, that's the difference.

It was still unpleasant though. And according to WhiteRabbit 'A mouthful of hot sauce IS torture.' So where is my money and slot on Dr Phil? I was a child torture victim goddamit!
    The 'evil music' accompaning it is just pathetic, that's what disturbed me the most

Dr Phil tends to use every trick in the book to stimulate the emotions of the audience-it's the same as any tabloid rag, or Joe Duffy for that matter. Trial by media is really the lowest form of human thought, if you could even call it thought. And it's not as if Dr Phil even gives a crap-he ruthlessly exploits these people for commercial gain. Do you think he would bother to call social services if he is so concerned? Not a chance.

I can guarantee you that if this video didn't have the title 'The Woman From Hell!', and let people form their own opinions, without any of the cheesy evil music and carefully edited video, there wouldn't be half as much of the faux outrage. It's a form of confirmation bias. If you subtly suggest to people how to react, the audience will duly oblige.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Never before have I wanted to jump through the screen and beat the living shít out of someone.
    I have an uncontrollable urge to do so now.
    Eugh.

Advertisement