Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Woman for Hell!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

i literally started crying watching that, as a parent it was one of the hardest things ive ever seen, that poor child she is so evil! :(

I felt nothing as I am not yet a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It was still unpleasant though. And according to WhiteRabbit 'A mouthful of hot sauce IS torture.' So where is my money and slot on Dr Phil? I was a child torture victim goddamit!

Dr Phil tends to use every trick in the book to stimulate the emotions of the audience-it's the same as any tabloid rag, or Joe Duffy for that matter. Trial by media is really the lowest form of human thought, if you could even call it thought. And it's not as if Dr Phil even gives a crap-he ruthlessly exploits these people for commercial gain. Do you think he would bother to call social services if he is so concerned? Not a chance.

I can guarantee you that if this video didn't have the title 'The Woman From Hell!', and let people form their own opinions, without any of the cheesy evil music and carefully edited video, there wouldn't be half as much of the faux outrage. It's a form of confirmation bias. If you subtly suggest to people how to react, the audience will duly oblige.

What do you mean 'WhiteRabbit'?
    I get the feeling you are just trolling, so I'm not going to feed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

I can guarantee you that if this video didn't have the title 'The Woman From Hell!', and let people form their own opinions, without any of the cheesy evil music and carefully edited video, there wouldn't be half as much of the faux outrage. It's a form of confirmation bias. If you subtly suggest to people how to react, the audience will duly oblige.

Ye, if they had of called the video Great Parenting and gave it a nice jingle then everyone would be keeping the hot sauce and cold shower idea in mind.
    This is a great example of how the media control your thoughts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Anyone read recently that she got convicted of the act?

http://boingboing.net/2011/08/23/alaska-mother-convicted-of-child-abuse-after-taping-hot-sauce-torture-video-for-dr-phil-audition.html
    For those on mobile...

A mother in Alaska has been convicted of abusing her adopted Russian son by "pouring hot sauce into the crying child's mouth and not allowing him to spit it out for more than a minute," then forcing him to stand in a cold shower.

She staged the incident as an audition tape for a segment of the Dr. Phil show titled "Mommy Confessions," and ordered her ten-year-old daughter to record the video on a Flip handheld digital video camcorder.

Her bid for TV fame was successful: "Days later, she was on her way to Los Angeles to be on the show," and the episode aired in November, 2010.

The child is now in therapy for a psychological disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I hadn't seen this before tonight but, by fcuk, did it make me rage. Delighted to hear she got what's coming, the evil bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

But hot sauce is delicious :confused:

But hot sauce is delicious :confused:

On chicken wings, yes.

Shoved in your mouth and forced to gargle it like mouthwash followed by a cold shower while abuse is hurled at you, no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

On chicken wings, yes.

Shoved in your mouth and forced to gargle it like mouthwash followed by a cold shower while abuse is hurled at you, no

Have you tried it?

Have you tried it?

Yes.:(

Advertisement