Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yreval wrote: »

Loctest you say.

Pu11LGB.jpg

I have played virtually no GG before (as indicated by virtually everything I was telling Onion being completely wrong on the day), but from dicking around with I-No for a bit, she feels waaaay easier to use than in +R. +R had actually made me a little afraid of trying her (it's harder to try out characters when you're pumping 100 yen in each time against real opponents), but when I finally did I really loved it. Her inputs have been made easier along with better movement options or something.

Fun day at the loctest though. Not nearly as busy as the Chrono Phantasma one I went to before because they had way more cabs and there was no actual queuing. You just hopped onto a machine when one opened up (which was pretty quick) instead of a 30 minute line spanning 3 floors.

The guy who wrote all those notes in the SRK post gave Onion and I a quick run down on how the game played for a while too which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

JitawcEl.jpg

Sairus beasting at the GG LocTest!

I really enjoyed the time I spent with the game. I only played as Ragna Sol Badguy but I learned a lot from just watching other people play. The game is a good bit faster than Blazblue. It's the first thing that struck me when I got in was how much quicker the gameplay seems.

You've probably seen all the system mechanic changes stuff if you care about them, but the game seems very approachable as someone who's only played BB before. There was decent leniancy in cancelling and chaining, and I was able to string together a pretty sick little air combo off DP+K command grab with a little bit of trial and error.

Most of the people I played totally obliterated me, but most of them let me win the second round so I could practise, which was pretty nice of them! I did win about 3 games, and a few against Sai too, which were great fun. Owning me with his I-no.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to play it again, it's stunning (if a little tinted in orange like a computer running flux) and is a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Where eddie? Please don't touch my imba unblockables plz arcsys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ramza wrote: »
    Where eddie? Please don't touch my imba unblockables plz arcsys
    Boss-only plz, don't wanna deal with that BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Yreval wrote: »

Looks like Zappa's crab-thing form, doesn't it?

Kanped wrote: »
    Looks like Zappa's crab-thing form, doesn't it?
    character_mainv_question.png

A well known player a while back said one of the new guys was going to be a guy strapped to a bed I think. This looks like that guy.

You can see the legs at the bottom (supplemented by bigger robot legs) and the headboard at the top (with what looks like a puppet king's head coming out from behind it)

Eddie yessssss BEAST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Looks I'll be continuing to dislike every new character after X, whatever that is it just looks like a mess to me.

Hopefully they don't remove eddie UB setups into his DESTROY GUARANTEED KO. not broken at all (wishful thinking :P)

even if they take away his UB, his mixup and pressure, and zoning, and keep away, and run away, will all still be god tier. biggest bs char ever in a game, this is why I main him

... I have no words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd main him.

That character should be put to sleep.

• Advertisement

Worried for this game, want it to be amazing but it feels like it's getting rushed out the door.

Smaller roster at first is expected but the lineup seems pretty random, rather than a carefully thought out core roster it kinda feels like they were going for the original GG roster then got bored and started throwing darts at the AC select screen, then were told to release on Friday.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    That character should be put to sleep.

Looks like a silent hill character

15-2-037.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Nutrient wrote: »
    Looks like a silent hill character

Nailed to a Kingdom Hearts Character

Opposite_Armor.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

I'm still holding out for Baiken making it in somehow, the character I want to play most of them all

Eddie less gooooo

Worried for this game, want it to be amazing but it feels like it's getting rushed out the door.

Smaller roster at first is expected but the lineup seems pretty random, rather than a carefully thought out core roster it kinda feels like they were going for the original GG roster then got bored and started throwing darts at the AC select screen, then were told to release on Friday.:pac:
    OTOH: more characters than Killer Instinct 3.

Guilty Gear Xrd Boss character decides to use up all the leftover syllables after they named "Bedman"

Ramletherl Valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Lots of footage.

Worth noting that the first match is terrible but it gets much better after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

never played a GG game but that video was interesting to watch.
    only thing ive been told about them is the execution hard.

that it says beats on the hit counters is it the same craic as BB with red/blue beats?

never played a GG game but that video was interesting to watch.
    only thing ive been told about them is the execution hard.

that it says beats on the hit counters is it the same craic as BB with red/blue beats?
    From talking to GG players, it's not exactly that the execution is hard, but you have to be aware of the hits - so combos are quite situational.

And also the execution is hard, because Guilty Gear has had some famously mad execution stuff which was allowable by all the mad systems the game had. Like metre cancel combos with one frame timing.

But 1man3letters I don't think we know at this point how many of those old game systems are gonna be reimplemented in this one. It would make sense for them to make it less ridiculous and more approachable.

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot of the mechanics have been removed or simplified ala SF4.

On the 'beats' topic, GG works similarly but the colours are different: blue in GG is a legit combo IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Me and a workmate are gonna give it a go on Friday night (assuming it does get released on Thursday as mentioned around the internet). From what's been shown so far it looks cool as hell, and hopefully it'll have a longer life-cycle than RIPersona, which was a really cool game.

So this is releasing today on the 4th on JP PSN.

Currently the game has two DLC characters: Elphelt and Leo Whitefang. It was also announced that Elphelt will be available at launch and free for a few weeks, then jump to 800 yen. Leo will release in 2 weeks and be 800 yen from the start.

Here's the boxart for the game:

1412657425-gg-xrd-jp-box-art-ps3.jpg

2 of the 6 characters featured on the cover don't actually come with the game. Arc Sys did this before with Hard Corps Uprising (2 of the 4 main characters were DLC despite being featured heavily in all promotional material and even the fully 2D animated attract mode).

I've come to terms with DLC characters in my games, but putting characters on the ****ing box and then charging you an extra €15 to use them is deplorable. Elphelt being free for a few weeks doesn't help the average consumer who just finds this on a shelf and decides they want to play as her, only to find her locked behind a paywall when they get home.

Not a chance I'm buying this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

So have there been any leaks about it releasing on PC? Other than these rumors

http://nichegamer.net/2014/08/arc-system-works-are-considering-a-pc-version-for-guilty-gear-xrd-sign/

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Eddie and venom look cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Yeah the DLC thing has kind of dissuaded me from buying GG xrd. No doubt there'll be different versions of it until the end of the PS4's lifespan, which means shelling out more cash ofc, possibly over 100 euro (maybe BB players can enlighten me to how much they've payed in total for all the games versions and DLC). I don't have a JP or US account set up either so it's a bit of an effort to just get one game. I'll come to some casual sessions for Xrd and try it out, but I ain't so sure about buying it.

Macal wrote: »
    Yeah the DLC thing has kind of dissuaded me from buying GG xrd. No doubt there'll be different versions of it until the end of the PS4's lifespan, which means shelling out more cash ofc, possibly over 100 euro (maybe BB players can enlighten me to how much they've payed in total for all the games versions and DLC). I don't have a JP or US account set up either so it's a bit of an effort to just get one game. I'll come to some casual sessions for Xrd and try it out, but I ain't so sure about buying it.
    You can set up a Hong Kong account; it's pretty easy, all PSN menus are in English and it's usually a good $10-20 cheaper than the Japanese PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

They're patching English text and voices into the Japanese/HK versions as well. I've got it pre-installed on my PS3.
    Macal wrote: »

BBCP was a full price game. €8 spent on DLC for all the characters. Been out for over a year and even got a free rebalance.

• Advertisement

The DLC situation is absolute bull no doubt, but it's basically par for the course nowadays.

Frankly if I'm going to get F'd in the A over DLC I'd rather end up playing a decent bloody game.

Is there confirmation on the English text patch? I'm tempted to just go straight in on the JP version, really my biggest concern would be training mode menus (which I believe Arc generally doesn't do in English like most) - story mode I can do without for a while.

The DLC situation is absolute bull no doubt, but it's basically par for the course nowadays.

Frankly if I'm going to get F'd in the A over DLC I'd rather end up playing a decent bloody game.

They stepped over a line by having content on the cover that's not in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Is there confirmation on the English text patch? I'm tempted to just go straight in on the JP version, really my biggest concern would be training mode menus (which I believe Arc generally doesn't do in English like most) - story mode I can do without for a while.

https://twitter.com/Yamanaka_ARC/status/537427399311253504

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mental conflicting info out there on this. Can I ask:

1) When can I buy this sodding game?

2) What's the best way to do it with with my mothballed PS3?

Please and thanks!

Mental conflicting info out there on this. Can I ask:

1) When can I buy this sodding game?

2) What's the best way to do it with with my mothballed PS3?

Please and thanks!

Hong Kong PSN is the easiest way to get it when it launches tomorrow. Store menus and all are in English so the only real hassle is making an account and buying points (HKD) digitally through a site like play-asia. I can make a post about how to do it if people are interested.

The game releases in America on the 16th. Disc release and digital. Digital requires a US PSN account and US points.

An update about the English patch I mentioned above. Game is said to have full English voices and likely text as well, going off Japanese streams. Game had a 500mb patch this morning which could be it. I'll confirm later tonight when it unlocks.

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    Hong Kong PSN is the easiest way to get it when it launches tomorrow. Store menus and all are in English so the only real hassle is making an account and buying points (HKD) digitally through a site like play-asia. I can make a post about how to do it if people are interested.

The game releases in America on the 16th. Disc release and digital. Digital requires a US PSN account and US points.

Please do. I'd be interested.

Hong Kong PSN account is actually really easy to make, since all the menus are in English. Create new user, select region, Hong Kong. Only thing you might not know is regions and such which can just be filled in with something general like: Street Address 1: "1 Harbour Rd" District: "Hong Kong" City: "Wan Chai" Country Region: "Hong Kong".

Points are available from Play-Asia and some other retailers. They sell them digitally and usually have them to you within a minute. It costs 358HK (on PS3, PS4 is more), which will cost around €45-50 probably.

Can find Xrd by just searching Xrd in the search bar.

Everything is available in English in the Japanese version. Text, voices etc.

I'm trying to buy HKD points via PlayAsia on my other email account, the same I used to set up my HK PSN account. Although added that e-mail to my Paypal account, PlayAsia is still requesting to verify my primary e-mail address instead. Does it matter what email address the HKD points are sent to?

You actually just get the code from a digital order summary on the site, so it shouldn't matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement