Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

So.. does anyone know if the results will be available online Thursday or Friday this year?

I know/think we get them in the post on Friday, but are they usually up online before that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

So.. does anyone know if the results will be available online Thursday or Friday this year?
    Whenever they decide to stop torturing us and flip the switch to let us see them.

Whenever the exam board meets, it's usually that afternoon they let us see them. I'm not in Maynooth so I can't wander into my supervisor's office to check the exam board meeting date, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

The Exam board meeting the Wednesday the 25th.... so is it a possiblity we may get our results online then? :S

^I wouldn't bet on it before Thursday afternoon... but then again, four or five years ago they came out two days before I got them in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Is it acceptable to put my entire life on hold until I have watched all ten seasons of Grey's anatomy? I only started watching a few weeks ago, but I am officially obsessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

How so Joe wrote: »
    Is it acceptable to put my entire life on hold until I have watched all ten seasons of Grey's anatomy? I only started watching a few weeks ago, but I am officially obsessed.

ER is a FAR superior drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

TheBody wrote: »

A few years ago they were rerunning it on Sky and what was the first episode I saw? The one where Green is diagnosed with a brain tumor. Inconsolable doesn't even cover it.

A few years ago they were rerunning it on Sky and what was the first episode I saw? The one where Green is diagnosed with a brain tumor. Inconsolable doesn't even cover it.

I have series 1-8 on DVD. Epic stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Am watching the sopranos myself tonight, the usual can't sleep clown will eat me excuse, gonna start at midnight and stop at 6am so about 8 episodes, rinse and repeat for the next 5 nights.

Damn this wait for the results, I just want to start with the essays I have to do but they won't put them up until the results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm very tempted to start watching it again! I've no supernatural, doctor who or sherlock! How so Joe keeps mentioning it and now I want to watch it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

****ing yes!

also only recently realised that Taggart was played by the same lady who played Velma in the Scooby Doo movies

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ER is defo better but it won't stop me watching Grey's either!

ER is defo better but it won't stop me watching Grey's either!

Oh, I agree, ER is magnificent, but I've seen all 15 series of ER, whereas I have never watched Grey's before!!

Damn you lot. I've just started watching ER again...

Damn you lot. I've just started watching ER again...

Damn nothing, ER is amazing. Look at how little Noah Wyle is! And George Clooney and Juliana Margulies... It's just amazing.

Damn nothing, ER is amazing. Look at how little Noah Wyle is! And George Clooney and Juliana Margulies... It's just amazing.

Always preferred Wyle to Clooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Meanwhile I'm currently flicking between Breaking Bad, Smallville and American Horror Story, good ****.

Meanwhile I'm currently flicking between Breaking Bad, Smallville and American Horror Story, good ****.

When you finish Smallville come to me for the comic continuations

#AlwaysWorking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Thwip! wrote: »
    When you finish Smallville come to me for the comic continuations

#AlwaysWorking

I'm on season 3
    I just want him to fly already :(

I just finished seasons 1 and 2 of The Killing. Good stuff.

Also finished season 1 of Fargo, and that is brilliant! Highly recommended.

• Advertisement

Always preferred Wyle to Clooney

Me too. I had a serious man-crush on Dr. Carter back in the day.

So has everyone successfully been resisting the urge to check if their results are magically online?......... you know, just in case.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

mickstupp wrote: »
    So has everyone successfully been resisting the urge to check if their results are magically online?......... you know, just in case.........

No but you just made me do it and....

They're not there !!!! :(

Yeah but just because yours aren't there doesn't mean mine aren't...

EDIT: *le sigh*

I'd almost forgotten about results 'cos my mind was preoccupied with the wellies or converse debate for Biffy on Saturday

I'm on season 3
    I just want him to fly already :(

SOON!
    Me too. I had a serious man-crush on Dr. Carter back in the day.

DITTO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Mine are :D

Graduated last year......
    :pac:

I've to do this dance as part of a flashmob for my job this summer and 4 times a week in front of 800 kids LUCKY ME =D !! (skip to 8:56 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIBUyoTyAk

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I've to do this dance as part of a flashmob for my job this summer and 4 times a week in front of 800 kids LUCKY ME =D !! (skip to 8:56 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIBUyoTyAk

lol! That's fairly tragic to be fair!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Every time I see a post on this thread I keep thinking the results are out :(

thirteen. wrote: »
    Every time I see a post on this thread I keep thinking the results are out :(

Oh...don't give me that power :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Oh...don't give me that power :pac:

:pac:

lol! That's fairly tragic to be fair!! :P

I forgot to mention the flashmob was at the entrance to stephens green at the top of grafton street BET YOU'RE REALLY JEALOUS !!:pac:

What time does everyone reckon results will be out on thursday at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Doesn't matter what time they're due out at, I'll be refreshing the page constantly from 9am! Not even one bit of work getting done Thursday.

• Advertisement

My mum's graduating on Thurs so I'll be away from the internet all day. This may actually be a good thing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Unfollowing the thread. Can't take seeing the little post notification when I log into boards :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I propose a doomsday clock style countdown to 10am next Tuesday, aka consultation day, make it happen nice mods. Either way I will be hearing always look on the bright side of life whilst I am being berated by my lecturers next week

Life's a piece of **** when you look at it.

jubella wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what time they're due out at, I'll be refreshing the page constantly from 9am! Not even one bit of work getting done Thursday.

I wanted to know 'cos I've an appointment on Thursday between 09:30 and 11 and I don't want to be stuck there not listening to the person and thinking about the results being out but my lack of internet access given the situation and that I'm the type of person that NEEDS to know IMMEDIATELY !

If there out at 9am grand or at 12pm gran but anything in between NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

It could even be tomorrow, be prepared! Sinking feeling I've failed the year feel like one of these :( x10^6

• Advertisement

I wanted to know 'cos I've an appointment on Thursday between 09:30 and 11 and I don't want to be stuck there not listening to the person and thinking about the results being out but my lack of internet access given the situation and that I'm the type of person that NEEDS to know IMMEDIATELY !

If there out at 9am grand or at 12pm gran but anything in between NO

I'd be expecting later in the day.

I'd be expecting later in the day.

I'm hoping so !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I'd say almost definitely after 12 ish anyway. And of course the site will crash several times before we get any results.

jubella wrote: »
    I'd say almost definitely after 12 ish anyway. And of course the site will crash several times before we get any results.

It won't crash !!!! :pac:

Watching the episode of The Simpsons where Bleedin' Gums dies. In floods.

Watching the episode of The Simpsons where Bleedin' Gums dies. In floods.

Are you just always in floods? Do you secretly have taps for eyes? Or are you duffed?

Are you just always in floods? Do you secretly have taps for eyes? Or are you duffed?

tumblr_ma7bjwxkJC1qz53j7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Best use of that gif ever!!

It won't crash !!!! :pac:

Is this available in your country? This is not available in my country. =( =(

• Advertisement
Advertisement