Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hmm, I was going to try this on Steam but I only want one episode to see if I like it.. I guess I'll get it on PS3 then.

By the time the 2nd and 3rd part roll around, they will usually do a free weekend, or make the first part free...to entice you to buy the rest.

So if you can wait, I suggest you do.

They did the same with the Back to the Future...which I bought...and never finished the first episode for some reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hmm, I was going to try this on Steam but I only want one episode to see if I like it.. I guess I'll get it on PS3 then.

You can play the demo on the PS3 and it gives you a good idea of what it is like. The full game is pretty much the same as this just better set pieces and more choices to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Love the TV series so was looking forward to playing the 1st episode to see what it was like... now I wish I hadn't as having to wait another 4 months to complete this very well written little game is going to be torture!!

I hope the little and major choices you make do have consequences other then the other character just appearing with the same storyline though that little teaser they show Episode 2 at the end has my hopes raised.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Meant to ask, which option did ye pick at the start? Can't remember what they were called but one had the prompt and hud info while the other didnt.

I picked the 'no hud' option so didn't see what affect some of my options had. Like, I saw a vid before and when lee chose a a certain line of dialogue, a box came up saying the person has remembered what Lee said.

Anyone play this way? Gonna use this on my 2nd play through.

I played it that way as wasn't sure what to expect.

It does give you a nice understanding of what choices affect which people
    though I said something to Shawn that he'd remember and about a minute later he was dead!
    It also tells you where to click the mouse which does make it a bit easy so I may have to play through it again with this off to see how I'll play rest of series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Is there an xbox season pass and how long is the first episode roughly

Love the TV series so was looking forward to playing the 1st episode to see what it was like... now I wish I hadn't as having to wait another 4 months to complete this very well written little game is going to be torture!!

The TV series is painfully slow, and slightly differs from the comic somewhat.
    Saying that, If you like the TV series, you will LOVE the comic if you've not already read them.
    I strongly urge you to go check them out, they will shock you !! Absolutely amazing, and because it's comic form, you will catch up to where they are in the TV show pretty quickly.
    Go...go now !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just started reading the comic a few days ago, i'm on book 12 and it is brilliant! Nearly every scene, I find myself saying "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS ON THE TV SHOW!!!" Some great stories completely brushed over. Reading them, I can't believe they stretched the whole of season 2 to the farm, there was so much else they could have put in.

comic spoiler
    Dale & Andrea
    eeeeeeewwwwwwww

comic spoiler
    Dale & Andrea
    eeeeeeewwwwwwww

Hahahah yeah, ahh it just gets better and better, I can't say anything though or even hint at it without it being a Spoiler. So I'll just let ye continue to enjoy it :D
    Things get a LOT better once they leave the farm, if they used the source material, at the pace they are going with the TV show...could easily be another 8 or so series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Having read the comics I was also annoyed that they stayed so long on the farm however having that scene where Shane goes nuts outside the barn, which wasn't in the comics, made up for the lenghty farm stay imo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Completed the first chapter the other day; looking forward to playing it again with different choices and the rest of the series. Much like the TV show it does spend a lot of time with the characters. The protagonist is an affable guy and the little girl is cute; i want to see how their stories play out :)

WSAD controls aren't great though; need to sort it out on my controller :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished it a 2nd time the other day can't wait till episode 2 rolls on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Finished this today, way behind everyone else.
    I chose to save Sean (a lot of good that did), sided with Kenny, didn't give the girl the gun and saved Doug in the end. I was going to go back and save the reporter instead but apparently only 20% of people chose to save Doug so I'm going to stick with this option to see how different my game turns out. I only saved him because his tech-knowledge may come in handy later.

At the start, after meeting Clementine, did anyone wait until nightfall to go out? I'm wondering how different the game might then have been...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

At the start, after meeting Clementine, did anyone wait until nightfall to go out? I'm wondering how different the game might then have been...

I did that on my second playthrough, slightly different.
    No Chet, that's pretty much it. Unless cop comes back into it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Started playing this yesterday as I'm following the TV series. Nice little game and am enjoying it. They seem to have captured the feeling of the comics/tv show quite well. Haven't finished Ep. 1 yet. Still trying to find the keys for the pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Finished the 1st chapter. Really enjoyed it. Like the controls and the feel. Have finished it 3 times now. 1st time went with whatfelt natural, 2nd time just to see what the alternatives look like and 3rd time just the same as the 1st as thats the storyline I want to continue with.
    Saved Sean (he is the 1st character you meet and seems like a nice kid) sided with Kenny (to make up for not saving his son) gave the girl the gun (didnt wat her coming back to haunt me) and saved the girl not doug (her sharp shooting seems helpful) (

Roll on part 2

Hmm never even considered it, zombie survival instinct i guess

Wow the comic is so much better than the tv show, cant wait fir season 3. I wonder whwn episode 2 is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow the comic is so much better than the tv show, cant wait fir season 3. I wonder whwn episode 2 is out.

Don't hold me to this be I vaguely recall them saying they intended to put out one a month for 5 months ........ again don't hold me to that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I think the two dates which i've heard are the 25th of May or the 30th... Hopefully the former...

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I think the two dates which i've heard are the 25th of May or the 30th... Hopefully the former...

30th is a wednesday, which is when the PSN usually updates in the EU. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

XBL on the 25th then and 30th on psn I hope :)

• Advertisement

Where did you get the comics?

Nevermind.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Finished the 1st chapter. Really enjoyed it. Like the controls and the feel. Have finished it 3 times now. 1st time went with whatfelt natural, 2nd time just to see what the alternatives look like and 3rd time just the same as the 1st as thats the storyline I want to continue with.
    Saved Sean (he is the 1st character you meet and seems like a nice kid) sided with Kenny (to make up for not saving his son) gave the girl the gun (didnt wat her coming back to haunt me) and saved the girl not doug (her sharp shooting seems helpful) (

Roll on part 2
    How do you save Sean?? I went to save him as well as Duck is too annoying but he still died

How do you save Sean?? I went to save him as well as Duck is too annoying but he still died

I don't think you can save him as this story is canon and
    Sean is a zombie that is kept in Hershel's barn in the comics

Ah I thought from the way he wrote that he did actually manage to save him, not that he picked to save him
    but failed
    :(

Ah I thought from the way he wrote that he did actually manage to save him, not that he picked to save him
    but failed
    :(

Ya I spose the decision was really for who you want on your side more Hershel or Kenny. I still didn't play through this a 2nd time, I really should as
    Kenny helped me out at the end and I'd like to see what happens if he didn't help

Saw this on the walking dead game wikia page. Looks like the next episode is out next week :D
      • Episode 1: A New Day - April 24th, 2012 (PC, Mac, and PSN) April 27, 2012 (Xbox Live Arcade)
        • Introduction - The Long Ride Home
        • Chapter 1 - The Woods
        • Chapter 2 - In the Yard
        • Chapter 3 - Meeting Clementine
        • Chapter 4 - Hershel's Farm/Shawn or Duck
        • Chapter 5 - Welcome Home/Clementine Attacked/Motor Inn/The Girl in Room 9
        • Chapter 6 - Brother
        • Chapter 7 - Doug or Carley
        • Chapter 8 - Safe... Mostly
      • Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 23rd, 2012
      • Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 20th, 2012
      • Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 18th, 2012
      • Episode 5: No Time Left - Late Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Saw this on the walking dead game wikia page. Looks like the next episode is out next week :D

Excellent, can't wait! Hopefully its of the same quality as the 1st episode, which was the most pleasant surprise i've played this year.

I wentback to play 2nd time and this time sided with Larry. I felt wrong so didnt even bother finishing. I like Kenny. His wife is odd. Not sure I would notice if she became a Zombie!!

Have to say a well done to Tell Tale for selling 1 million copies of episode 1.

EDIT: I think 1 million episodes altogether which would include 5 episodes if you bought the season pack, still impressive and well deserved.
      A million episodes of The Walking Dead, the series based on Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic series of the same name have been sold!

We'd like to thank each and every fan! It's you that have made The Walking Dead such a success!

• Advertisement

This arrived at my door the other day :D , had read them all online, but wanted the actual thing..so i can put other people onto it too ! :D

dc6b_walking_dead_trade_closeup.jpg

Advertisement