Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divorce

• 28-06-2010 8:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

I got emails today from an ex, and a solicitor, informing me today that we are now officially divorced! She was my first love and we were young and stupid but we needed to do it so I could stay in her certain North American country. So it was a shotgun thing. Anyway a couple of years later I moved home, and never really heard from her since. Then about 7 years passed until she sent me some forms, I presume she's getting married again. So after me signing a few forms, commisioners of oaths, fax machines etc., today I learned I'm divorced!!!

Anyway - am I supposed to be happy/sad? Do you celebrate these things? Any divorcees around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

You should have donkey punched her before you divorced her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You are now officially ball & chainless.

A beer is in order imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Congratulations man.

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

So long as she and her lawyer didnt take everything you own, bar the fillings in your teeth, you should be happy.

What do you do? Jesus man.. Get on the phone and tell her you just won the lotto!
    Record it and then post the reaction here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think coke and hookers are the traditional AH way of celebrating. Divorces, christenings, it's pretty much a catch-all.

You should have donkey punched her before you divorced her

How could you even think of such a thing?

Flaming Rudolph all the way :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There seems to be a thing alright for celebrating divorces-we had a caterer in a while ago,and on the side of his van was that he catered for parties, christenings, weddings , divorces.

So when's the party?? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Nevore wrote: »
    I think coke and hookers are the traditional AH way of celebrating. Divorces, christenings, it's pretty much a catch-all.

I'm broke till payday :(
    So all I have is 2 cans of Amstel, which I'm drinking now. Hooker would be good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Nevore wrote: »

Coke and Hookers in a secret sex cave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I got emails today from an ex, and a solicitor, informing me today that we are now officially divorced! She was my first love and we were young and stupid but we needed to do it so I could stay in her certain North American country. So it was a shotgun thing. Anyway a couple of years later I moved home, and never really heard from her since. Then about 7 years passed until she sent me some forms, I presume she's getting married again. So after me signing a few forms, commisioners of oaths, fax machines etc., today I learned I'm divorced!!!

That's prime material for a mawkish country and western ballad. Get writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Buy a sports car and try and sleep with some college girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

What the f**k is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You sir are now a divorced loser. Or should that be winner?

I'm not sure if I know the meaning of the word "ironic" but the only person who has thanked my OP so far is called The Minister. What faith do you practice sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How could you even think of such a thing?

Big Steve wrote: »
    What the f**k is that?
    Not in urban dictionary. Please enlighten us!

Maybe you could have fed her a portuguese breakfast without telling her what it is

You glance over at the pale delicately embroidered tablecloth and the fresh flowers and suddenly a waiter walks over to you with a tray of freshly baked portuguese buns, round and hot; fresh butter and quince jam sliced in thin shining layers. Fresh cheese, hard and fragrant or shaved smoked ham or fried chorico sliced.A small tray of pastries is added to tempt you and ofcourse there is always a bowl of fresh fruit or freshly squeezed juice to start your breakfast and to finish it, it would never be complete without a cup of cafe com leite (half milk/half coffee) or a bica (lots of hot milk and some coffee) or a small cup of strong portuguese espresso type coffee that will really wake you up. This is continental breakfast almost anywhere in Portugal.

How is a Portuguese breakfast relevant to my situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm not sure if I know the meaning of the word "ironic" but the only person who has thanked my OP so far is called The Minister. What faith do you practice sir?

Check the avatar beee-atch.

I'sa droppin' lines Aristotle-like.

Not in urban dictionary. Please enlighten us!

Maybe you could have fed her a portuguese breakfast without telling her what it is
    *NSFW*
    Flaming Rudolph: When a chick sucks you off, you blow one on her grille, punch her in the nose, flip her around backwards, throw a pair of fake antlers on her head, light her hair on fire, and throw a rough one in her ass. (this is the holy grail of all sex acts. as far as research indicates, man has only gotten as far as to have the fake antlers in hand. however, that does not mean that it can't be accomplished.) Definition to be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual-slang .

Now thank me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Anyway - am I supposed to be happy/sad? Do you celebrate these things? Any divorcees around?

Happy. Did you consummate your divorce? :pac: Celebrate by getting married again. Your ex seems to be doing that. That's what I did. :D

• Advertisement

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Happy. Did you consummate your divorce? :pac: Celebrate by getting married again. Your ex seems to be doing that. That's what I did. :D

No, I don't think it's for me, the marriage thing. Her new hubby is hella-ugly, according to facebook pics i've seen, but probably a much nicer and all around better person than me. But that's not much of an achievement.
    But at least I know their kids will be ugly, if they look like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Weather forecast: prolonged hot front of sexeh heading for Brazil?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What do you do? Jesus man.. Get on the phone and tell her you just won the lotto!
    Record it and then post the reaction here!
    Actually, there's a quirk in Irish law that says that although an ex-partner cannot claim winnings after a legal separation/divorce, they can however claim 50% of the interest of the winnings.
    Its a odd small detail in Irish law that still exists somewhere for some reason

One once divorced bloke here who had to go thorough all the legalities.
    (Married again later)

stovelid wrote: »
    Weather forecast: prolonged hot front of sexeh heading for Brazil?

I don't think so. Unless it's with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Some people have all the luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

will someone tell me what a FLAMING RUDOLPH is.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

No, I don't think it's for me, the marriage thing. Her new hubby is hella-ugly, according to facebook pics i've seen, but probably a much nicer and all around better person than me. But that's not much of an achievement.
    But at least I know their kids will be ugly, if they look like him!

Now that made me laugh.

You're a lucky man to get away so lightly, **** can get seriously fùcked in a divorce, nasty, nasty nasty.

You should head out to Coppers to celebrate at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Did she get half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Why are hurricanes usually named after women?

Because when they arrive, they're wet and wild,but when they go, they take your house and car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Me, personally speaking if there were no lingering issue's I'd ring her, thank her for sharing with you what she did and then wish her all the best for her future.

Advertisement