Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Discussion (SPOILERS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I don't think the baby is dead. Is just a bit of drama and gives way for a soapy future reunion .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bear1 wrote: »
    Well I'd say the sister will be quite upset now her woman is dead :)
    The baby is what shocked me.. but I have an feeling that she isn't dead.
    Thought Carol would come back for the episode

She did in a sense, technically she saved Tyreese by having the kids trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

She did in a sense, technically she saved Tyreese by having the kids trained.

Nice conclusion, hadn't thought of that.
    I wonder though if that girl with the gun is a hint of what the writers have in store for her?
    I'd like to see them return to a city, like in the 1st season when Rick goes to Atlanta or maybe we will see more of a road trip type season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

great episode.

Highlight for me were Daryls cold as fcuk shot straight in the heart and Tyreses rescue by the two girls (a beautiful twist of indirect Carols redemption).

bear1 wrote: »
    Nice conclusion, hadn't thought of that.
    I wonder though if that girl with the gun is a hint of what the writers have in store for her?
    I'd like to see them return to a city, like in the 1st season when Rick goes to Atlanta or maybe we will see more of a road trip type season.

I think the little one with the gun had something to do with the rats, her friend/sister mentioned she was "screwed up" back a few episodes wen carol was still there, and she (the screwed up kid) was very upset when "nick" the walker was killed - she may have been feeding them rats in the same way people feed pets. There was also a scene (memory is hazy on this) where someone was shown outside the prison feeding them - although you never see the persons face or body. This casts doubt on who the culprit is too.

And yeah, i'd like to see them head back to civilization too :)

• Advertisement

I think the little one with the gun had something to do with the rats, her friend/sister mentioned she was "screwed up" back a few episodes wen carol was still there, and she (the screwed up kid) was very upset when "nick" the walker was killed - she may have been feeding them rats in the same way people feed pets. There was also a scene (memory is hazy on this) where someone was shown outside the prison feeding them - although you never see the persons face or body. This casts doubt on who the culprit is too.

And yeah, i'd like to see them head back to civilization too :)

I'm coming to your gaff in February! Bloody seeing things I never did! :D
    My theory is similar to yours.
    I think that Carol took the rap for what the kid did, she knew the kid would be punished and preferred to take the heat and leave.
    If you remember when Rick confronted her, she paused for a bit before saying yes. I think Carol found her doing it and then helped her remove and burn the bodies.
    I'm also curious of that new coloured guy, the alcoholic. From what I can see he used to be a doctor?
    I'd love to see Bruce Campbell brought in for Season 5 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

What an episode.

When I started watching it I was sat on the couch, then I ended up sitting on the floor, then I was on my knees. I was on my feet for the beheading, and when Michonne got her revenge I actually punched the air. Had a lump in my throat when they found Judith's car chair too. I've never had that watching a tv programme before.

Absolutely brilliant television.

Poor Herschel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I asked the wife what happened to the scared lesbo sister and she says she took the kid....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I think that Carol will come back and it will be found out that she was not the one to kill and burn the 2. It will turn out that the messed up girl did it, Tyrese will realize that in the new world kids have to be hardened and that she did actually make the right choice.

As for the lesbo sister stealing the baby? Why would she do it, unless it was to save the childs life? I can't seem to recall her seeing her niece dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i thought the girls grabbed judith but why did they run back into the prison?
    i honestly dont think that the girl killed karen and david anymore tbh but i do think it was her who killed the rats and fed them to the walkers.

Also am I the only one who's annoyed by having to wait another 3 months for Tys reaction to Carol killing them

• Advertisement

bushball wrote: »
    i thought the girls grabbed judith but why did they run back into the prison?
    i honestly dont think that the girl killed karen and david anymore tbh but i do think it was her who killed the rats and fed them to the walkers.

Also am I the only one who's annoyed by having to wait another 3 months for Tys reaction to Carol killing them

It is annoying but they do need a break as well. Plus I'd like them to take these 3 months and come up with a very good end of season

I asked the wife what happened to the scared lesbo sister and she says she took the kid....

That's what I think too. :) Maybe, lesbo sister, Lily and Judith will run into Carol, who will recognise ass-kicker and make it her mission to return her to Rick. Thus reintegrating herself into the group.

they may already have run into carol since her exile, and rather than go with the group, they're going to her, with tyreese! :D

bring back Carol i say!

Andrew Lincoln interview on what is to come in the second half of next year:
    And really, trust me, I think that three of the strongest episodes we've done this season are yet to come. Probably four. There are two episodes that I absolutely adore in the back eight, one of which I think is going to be the most controversial episode that we've probably ever been involved in, and that's saying something. [Laughs.]

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Fooking hell! That was some episode. When Herschel died it really threw the episode into chaos, at every moment it felt like just about anything could happen and no one was safe.

I find it slightly hard to beleive that no one checked behind the bus for rick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Think tyrese and the kids will lead some guerillia warfare from a hiding space in the prison? Assume they have judith (asskicker?)
    Great episode

I find it slightly hard to beleive that no one checked behind the bus for rick
    There were a number of things that didn't make much sense but I've decided to forgive and ignore these things as long as the rest of the episode is good.

EG: I don't think a zombie would provide much cover from 3 guys standing 15ft away from you shooting at you with assault rifles. (Daryl) Especially when we see a bullet go straight through that alco Bob guy in another scene.

Also as big and strong as Americans like to think their pickups are they would have been shot to bits once they drove up towards the prison.

ScumLord wrote: »
    There were a number of things that didn't make much sense but I've decided to forgive and ignore these things as long as the rest of the episode is good.

EG: I don't think a zombie would provide much cover from 3 guys standing 15ft away from you shooting at you with assault rifles. (Daryl) Especially when we see a bullet go straight through that alco Bob guy in another scene.

Also as big and strong as Americans like to think their pickups are they would have been shot to bits once they drove up towards the prison.

I watched the episode again last night with my gf and it was actually so obvious the walker was a prop, it was bobbing up and down in Daryl's hand like a paper mache doll. There was no 'dead weight' to it at all! :pac:

Like yourself I forgive all those little things, no point getting worked up over them. Especially when the episode was that bloody good! :)

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I watched the episode again last night with my gf and it was actually so obvious the walker was a prop, it was bobbing up and down in Daryl's hand like a paper mache doll. There was no 'dead weight' to it at all! :pac:
    Ya, the average person will weigh somewhere between 50kg - 100kg, in America even more. Even with a weight loss from being dead you're going to have to be lugging around at least 40kg. That's a big bag of coal.

• Advertisement

999789_446239275480892_1588069466_n.jpg
    1460279_765583586801653_553175808_n.jpg

so i thought ye might enjoys these
    What are you're thoughts on why he killed herchel and not michonne, I get why he had to kill someone after that speech-people were liking the idea of not fighting and the gov knew he'd have to kill someone to get Rick to open fire but michonne was right there and he had a reason to kill her
    Personally, I think it was just for a bigger effect

Personally, I think it was just for a bigger effect
    I'd say so, even from within that group. Michonne is a great fighter but Herschel being a doctor makes him more valuable than a dozen fighters.

Maybe he would have had specific plans for Michonne or had some level of respect for her, because like he said, he knew after the fact that his daughter was dead and implied that he should have let go sooner. In a way thanking Michonne for doing what he couldn't.

by effect i meant within the group not from a viewers point of view(after re-reading last post wasnt sure how it came across)
    He probably knew his daughters would be watching and might have thought that michonne wasnt as important to them as herschel from a emotional point of view

this monday is gonna suck even more with no TWD episode to look forward to til february :/

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

I know a few people who have been disapointed with the new season so far but im loving it. Felt it was building nicely & then it all exploded in the mid season finale. For anyone saying why didnt check behind the bus for Rick or when Daryl used a zombie as cover for being shot was unrealistic..its a tv show! You always get these questionable incidents. As long as there not totally ridiculous its ok in my book

Anyway i taught the finale was one of the best episodes of the series to date.. Didnt shy away from the gore & was very graphic..long wait until February now :(

I just watched the promo for the next episode in February.. There was nothing there that made me excited to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

just read over a good few of the comments and i am quite surprised. Between the desease in the Prison and the Governers back Story and Finale I am finished with TWD. It was a complete and utter bag of Sh1te! I very nearly gave up in the middle of the deasease thing and Rick banning your one from the Prison for killing two people that were terminal was ridiculous. he didnt have to tell tyrese what happened his moral compass goes every where from episode to episode. its pure rubbish. the last episode was a joke. thats it for me. fooking crud. i hope a this is the last season because its gone from being great to being rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

just read over a good few of the comments and i am quite surprised. Between the desease in the Prison and the Governers back Story and Finale I am finished with TWD. It was a complete and utter bag of Sh1te! I very nearly gave up in the middle of the deasease thing and Rick banning your one from the Prison for killing two people that were terminal was ridiculous. he didnt have to tell tyrese what happened his moral compass goes every where from episode to episode. its pure rubbish. the last episode was a joke. thats it for me. fooking crud. i hope a this is the last season because its gone from being great to being rubbish.

Well its been renewed for at least another season.........

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

And if its a terminal illness how are Glenn and Sasha alive after having it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

They got the meds in time. they hadnt even gone on the meds run at that stage so there wasnt enough time to save them.

Advertisement