Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mousqetaire spotted Howth

• 20-04-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I was hurrying away from Howth YC on Good Friday and noticed that a freshly painted Mousquetaire was being craned in. These are small 4 berth cruisers of about 21-22 fit and Glenans Baltimoire had a couple of them, whose names I have forgotten - though the names were changed frequently. The notable characteristic about them was the hemispherical perspex bubble on the starboard side of the cabin which was designed for the navigator to get a 360 degree view - the perspex would always steam up making the exercise a bit pointless. Good to see one again in the care of new young owners.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

I was moored next to that last year. A truly awful looking thing that looks like it was cobbled together by someone with a few spare sheets of wood they had lying around. Its a howth boat kept on a mooring if you want a look

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r27

Hilarious looking boat, is moored out in the outer harbour, spent the winter stored in Sutton Dinghy Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

neris wrote: »
    I was moored next to that last year. A truly awful looking thing that looks like it was cobbled together by someone with a few spare sheets of wood they had lying around. Its a howth boat kept on a mooring if you want a look

Is that the yoke that was the first in, last out and didn't get sailed once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I must take a trip out to Howth and get a look at this marvellous craft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is that the yoke that was the first in, last out and didn't get sailed once?

This yoke was used alright last year. I saw it going out off the moorings last summer. Its around the same area the j80s are moored in and right beside the finger on east pier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

neris wrote: »
    This yoke was used alright last year. I saw it going out off the moorings last summer. Its around the same area the j80s are moored in and right beside the finger on east pier.

A greyish white thing? Looked a bit broken tbh if that's it. Actually, if you were the boat beside it I think we shared a launch one fine day. I dropped the car keys somewhere between the gate and the boat and was running around the club and taking multiple launch trips like a blue arsed fly trying to find them while everyone just sorta laughed at me. :( Was looking at the couple I shared the launch with rigging and going out while I tried to avoid vomiting with stress. The reason I remember it is the launch was going to pull up beside this yoke and I was wondering if it was fit to sail at all (:eek:), but then pulled up to the boat beside it before dropping us off.

Advertisement