Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BEERS thread :D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Don't think I have anything planned that day

Vexorg
    miss no stars
    Stheno
    Fergalb (possible) +1
    HH
    Boldspirit
    alexlyons
    Sh1tbag OToole

I might have to change your user name for the night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Vexorg
    miss no stars - maybe +1 (don't worry, he sails)
    Stheno
    Fergalb (possible) +1
    HH
    Boldspirit
    alexlyons
    Sh1tbag OToole

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Vexorg
    Stheno (+1 non sailor, thinks we are all demented, but tries to ignore it :D)
    Fergalb (possible) +1
    HH
    Boldspirit
    alexlyons
    Sh1tbag OToole

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Stheno wrote: »
    Vexorg
    Stheno (+1 non sailor, thinks we are all demented, but tries to ignore it :D)
    Fergalb (possible) +1
    HH
    Boldspirit
    alexlyons
    Sh1tbag OToole

We'll have him converted by the end of the night - either that or you'll never be let out again :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    We'll have him converted by the end of the night - either that or you'll never be let out again :D

Not a hope he'll be converted, he visited the boat I'm on recently, said polite hellos then promptly jumped off lolol

Anyway this is just a bump for anyone who may not have seen this :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Ok so I got my dates for May and they are the 2nd and the 16th if these don't suit I will still try to stick my oar in on the 23rd for a little bit but it will be late as I will have to get the young lad to bed first, sorry for the messing about :(

ke6f6w.gif

2nd is this Friday :eek: But would suit me fine.

16th not so much, I'm working that night :mad: Could do it at a push, but no beer is no fun!
    fergal.b wrote: »
    Ok so I got my dates for May and they are the 2nd and the 16th if these don't suit I will still try to stick my oar in on the 23rd for a little bit but it will be late as I will have to get the young lad to bed first, sorry for the messing about :(

ke6f6w.gif

Either date is good for me, lets see what suits others?

ke6f6w.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I could do Friday - I don't finish work till 6 though so not sure what time I could get there - maybe 8 or 9 and would need a plan for getting back to the southside without breaking the bank :)

I think this Friday is fine for me..? Also think the 16th works.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    I could do Friday - I don't finish work till 6 though so not sure what time I could get there - maybe 8 or 9 and would need a plan for getting back to the southside without breaking the bank :)
    I'd be in a similar position on both fronts!

I'll see if I can lay my hands on a car for Friday, will be happy to run people over southside direction if I can get the car.

There is a live band called "Dversions" playing this friday they are good and play most of are age groups music but may not be everyones bag if you wanted a quite chat. Just thought I'd let you know.

10245385_791387387538426_9168610136241273978_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Both dates ok for me, will have the car, so can pick up/drop off also.

Vexorg - 2nd, 16th
    miss no stars - 2nd, 16th
    Stheno - 2nd, 16th
    Fergalb (possible) +1 - 2nd, 16th
    HH - 2nd only
    Boldspirit
    alexlyons
    Sh1tbag OToole

I've put in which dates people can do...

What do people think?

Still unknown from Boltspirit, alexlyons and Sh1tbag OToole... Will send them a PM to get them to check the thread.

Of those on the list who've responded so far only the 2nd works for all.

Regarding the band playing, I've no issue with it but if it gets too noisy we can always crawl on to another pub?

I've put in which dates people can do...

What do people think?

Still unknown from Boltspirit, alexlyons and Sh1tbag OToole... Will send them a PM to get them to check the thread.

Of those on the list who've responded so far only the 2nd works for all.

Regarding the band playing, I've no issue with it but if it gets too noisy we can always crawl on to another pub?

2nd looks like the best option so far?

Thanks for sending the pms

Shouldn't be a problem as there is a pub on each side of it :D

I also hope to launch the boat a 2:30 for a photo shoot :roll eyes: and if the weather is good go for a little spin, so if anyone is around early feel free to drop over.

Will we just say we'll meet this Friday to hell, and we can organise another outing if some can't make it (and assuming we all get on well, of course ). We'll be the whole summer trying to get a date to suit everyone!

And yah boo to the boat launch - I'm working Friday so won't be able to make it out (barring small miracles, which are very rare these days!). But as far as I can see the weather is promised good for the week so should be a great day for it.

Will we just say we'll meet this Friday to hell, and we can organise another outing if some can't make it (and assuming we all get on well, of course ). We'll be the whole summer trying to get a date to suit everyone!

And yah boo to the boat launch - I'm working Friday so won't be able to make it out (barring small miracles, which are very rare these days!). But as far as I can see the weather is promised good for the week so should be a great day for it.

I agree with everything.

This Friday, sometime after 7pm (I'm aiming for 1930) at Ollies in Skerries. Who has the table booked and nibbles ordered? :D

I agree with everything.

This Friday, sometime after 7pm (I'm aiming for 1930) at Ollies in Skerries. Who has the table booked and nibbles ordered? :D

I haven't yet worked out train timings, but I'll be there before 8 hopefully.

Is Ollie's far from the train station :confused:

(I don't think I've ever been to Skerries in my life!)

• Advertisement

I agree with everything.

I also agree.

Fergal, would you do the honours booking a booth and ordering nibbles?

If the band are at the back near the smoking area, perhaps one of the booths just inside the front door?

I also agree.

Fergal, would you do the honours booking a booth and ordering nibbles?

If the band are at the back near the smoking area, perhaps one of the booths just inside the front door?

Sorted :) I booked for 10 people to be on the safe side but we can always get more room and finger food if needed.

If anyone else feels like coming along and are afraid they will be an outsider and not know anyone you would be right and just like me :D and if a fight breaks out I could do with a few more power boaters on my side :P

Hurray!!!

See y'all Friday!

(from another one who has met precisely nobody yet - despite numerous attempts to introduce myself to Stheno, who arranges to never be there whenever I turn up :D)

We'll need name badges!

Sorted :) I booked for 10 people to be on the safe side but we can always get more room and finger food if needed.

If anyone else feels like coming along and are afraid they will be an outsider and not know anyone you would be right and just like me :D and if a fight breaks out I could do with a few more power boaters on my side :P

Hah there are a few grinders coming along, you feeble power boaters won't stand a chance :D
    Hurray!!!

See y'all Friday!

(from another one who has met precisely nobody yet - despite numerous attempts to introduce myself to Stheno, who arranges to never be there whenever I turn up :D)

We'll need name badges!

Hey now, I saw you last Sat in the Marina :D

And you know Vexorg! We just need Fergal to go one little extra mile and ask Ollies to put a sign on the table like Boards boating or something :D

I'll be there about sevenish, if anyone wants picking up from the station or anything ping me a pm before hand :)

Oh doesn't drink and has very nicely offered lifts at least to the station afterwards if trains are still running

Hah there are a few grinders coming along, you feeble power boaters won't stand a chance :D

Hey now, I saw you last Sat in the Marina :D

And you know Vexorg! We just need Fergal to go one little extra mile and ask Ollies to put a sign on the table like Boards boating or something :D

I'll be there about sevenish, if anyone wants picking up from the station or anything ping me a pm before hand :)

Oh doesn't drink and has very nicely offered lifts at least to the station afterwards if trains are still running

Did you really? Why didn't you come and say hello??!! (or was that when we were busy bouncing off pontoons trying to get out?) And I think it might be Vexorg's brother I met.... or else i'm getting very confused!

All offers of lifts are most generous! I'll figure out the train timetable into town, and sure we'll see how the night goes. We might all have run out of conversation by 9pm .....

! We just need Fergal to go one little extra mile and ask Ollies to put a sign on the table like Boards boating or something :D

Your wish is my command :)

Did you really? Why didn't you come and say hello??!! (or was that when we were busy bouncing off pontoons trying to get out?) And I think it might be Vexorg's brother I met.... or else i'm getting very confused!

All offers of lifts are most generous! I'll figure out the train timetable into town, and sure we'll see how the night goes. We might all have run out of conversation by 9pm .....

I thought you met Vexorg the other time I wasn't on the boat? It was his brother you met the other day, he's the strange one, the rest of us (Vexorg and I included) are much more normal :)

I was farting around doing something, then you guys were heading off by the time I was thinking of shooting over to say hello, you were sitting on the deck at the time I was farting about. Ah I remember, I was on listen to the radio duty, and we were trying to figure out how the new cars on the boat were working with the sheets controlling them
    Your wish is my command :)

Thank you, you're a star :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

On the subject of interwebz beers - and I've been to one or two - especially where not many of us know each other in real life, I would suggest someone becomes comms officer in case of lost souls that can't find the pub etc. It won't be so easy to converse over pm on the night.

I'm happy to do it - or if anyone else wants to step in well and good :)
    I was farting around doing something, then you guys were heading off by the time I was thinking of shooting over to say hello, you were sitting on the deck at the time I was farting about. Ah I remember, I was on listen to the radio duty, and we were trying to figure out how the new cars on the boat were working with the sheets controlling them
    There'll be no farting at the beers I hope :p

Steve wrote: »
    On the subject of interwebz beers - and I've been to one or two - especially where not many of us know each other in real life, I would suggest someone becomes comms officer in case of lost souls that can't find the pub etc. It won't be so easy to converse over pm on the night.

I'm happy to do it - or if anyone else wants to step in well and good :)

There'll be no farting at the beers I hope :p

Steve, I know most everyone (including photos of fergal) apart from Heidi, so I'm also happy to volunteer? Between you and me we know most people, apart from ****bag (that name has to change) alexlyons and boldspirit so that should cover most, and we can keep an eye out for lonely spirits wandering around.

I'm also happy to pm my number to people to text if they wish :)

And on your last point Steve, you appear to missed that I am a lady, ladies never fart, we simply expel excess air :D Much like pigs sweat, men perspire, and ladies glow :D

• Advertisement

Steve, I know most everyone (including photos of fergal) apart from Heidi, so I'm also happy to volunteer? Between you and me we know most people, apart from ****bag (that name has to change) alexlyons and boldspirit so that should cover most, and we can keep an eye out for lonely spirits wandering around.

I'm also happy to pm my number to people to text if they wish :)

And on your last point Steve, you appear to missed that I am a lady, ladies never fart, we simply expel excess air :D Much like pigs sweat, men perspire, and ladies glow :D

Well I surely won't be volunteering my services, seeing as I barely know where Skerries is, never mind the pub!

I know alexlyons, so if he shows up he'll recognise me. Sounds like we'll all manage to find one another somehow.

Really looking forward to it!

(Where IS the pub btw???)

Advertisement