Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most consistently good tv series

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Sesame Street and Bosco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i always thought Lost was pretty consistent. season 5 was a bit shaky, but came back with an excellent final season. loved the finale but i think i'm in a minority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

The Larry Sanders Show is six years of consistently outstanding comedy. Second only to Seinfeld in my opinion when it comes to sitcoms, although when Curb finishes it might take its place. Criminally under-watched aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

OZ was pretty great all the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The_Illuminator

Breaking Bad and the US Office both get my vote, although they're ongoing. Personally though, I worry for the US Office, following this the season 7 finale
    and the departure of Micheal Scott

As for shows that have finished - I'd have to say BSG, although I agree with an earlier posters who disliked the final episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Somebody mentioned How I Met Your Mother, which has just had an awful season.
    Although I haven't finished it yet, do not ruin it, Twin Peaks so far has been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Alias had a major drop in quality particularly when they really started pushing the Rimbaldi/supernatural stuff around season 4 to 5.

24 went downhill after day 2 or 3. Picked up in later seasons but can be generally hit and miss. Still enjoyed it though.

Buffy did drop in quality when Whedon split himself between that and Angel when trying to establish the latter and it got a bit tiresome when Princess SMG/Buffy was the focus but the supporting characters and storylines were better. Angel dropped in quality when it went into really mopey, depressed Angel particularly around Season 4 / Jasmine.

The West Wing is my favourite TV show but it did drop in quality after Sorkin left. To be fair it did pick up in quality but some of the later stories were ropey. The
    military space shuttle / weaponisation of space
    storyline was a bit out there. Also Gary Cole and NSA Kate weren't great additions.

For me the most consistent TV shows have been Supernatural (albeit have only seen upto season 5) which has consistently improved from season to season. No spoilers please :) Secondly Castle keeps getting better and better. One TV show I actively look forward to.

Being Human has been consistently good, John Mitchell is the character Angel should have been and with the proper ending :)

Also Stephen Moffat's run (as show runner) on Doctor Who is excellent, particularly this season and have to give special mention to tonight's episode. But also his earlier written episodes: The Empty Child, The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace and Blink. I defy anyone not to shed a tear at the Girl or creep behind the sofa for Blink :)

Finally, early days yet but Game of Thrones is excellent. Haven't noticed the hour going by each week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

seadnamac wrote: »
    The Larry Sanders Show is six years of consistently outstanding comedy. Second only to Seinfeld in my opinion when it comes to sitcoms, although when Curb finishes it might take its place. Criminally under-watched aswell.

Larry Sanders was especially good. And Hank had to be the most tragic portrayal of a sidekick ever. "Hey now" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

MASH
    The Sweeney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Brotherhood never dipped in it's 3 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

cold case
    the mentalist
    monk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'd have to go for Fr Ted.

Is there a bad episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The last season of F Ted was the weakest IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The only one I can think of that hasn't yet been mentioned is a bit of a fringe one...
    Ideal with Johnny Vegas.
    Love that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

Have I got News for You
    King of the Hill
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Star Trek Voyager
    Only Fools and Horses
    King of Queens
    QI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Just finished watching the The Wire in it's entirety for a second time and I think the fifth season isn't as bad with a second viewing.

Must give The Shield and Deadwood a look, have heard great things about both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Star Trek voyager?

what the ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

Star Trek voyager?

what the ****?

*Shrug* It was a series that I found to be consistently good from it's beginning to it's end. People are welcome to disagree but my opinion shall remain the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Simpsons

*runs*

Advertisement