Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CyanogenMod Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

advertsfox wrote: »
    Yes, Settings > Sounds > Quiet Hours > There's a heading for Phone Ringer in which you can set it to ring only for your favourite contacts. Most likely you have favourites setup already, if not it's easily done in Gmail or your dialler.

JeWTuwT.png

Thanks advertsfox - that's great info!

I don't have the Phone Ringer option in the Quiet Hours menu. I have all the other options in your screenshot but not Phone Ringer - :( Must be a 10.2 Vs 11 issue?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BenThere wrote: »
    Thanks advertsfox - that's great info!

I don't have the Phone Ringer option in the Quiet Hours menu. I have all the other options in your screenshot but not Phone Ringer - :( Must be a 10.2 Vs 11 issue?

Ben
    I would imagine so, as I said CM11 is very stable so an update is highly recommended. Don't forget to flash the latest Gapps for CM11 (link below) along side the ROM and do an Nandroid backup first.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭G1032

Has anyone flashed CM11 on an S3 running 4.3?
    I've tried a few different CM11 ROMS and can't get reception at all. Tried any fix I could find on line like installing latest CWM etc. Nothing works............

I'm with 3 mobile if that makes any difference. Could be a modem issue but CM11 doesn't flash a new modem

I would imagine so, as I said CM11 is very stable so an update is highly recommended. Don't forget to flash the latest Gapps for CM11 (link below) along side the ROM and do an Nandroid backup first.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

If i was to flash the latest nightly would I still need to back up all my apps and app data etc using Titanium or the Helium app you linked to earlier first? I always found that the biggest pain when flashing ROMs and the reinstall of both apps and app data didn't always go according to plan!

If i was to flash the latest nightly would I still need to back up all my apps and app data etc using Titanium or the Helium app you linked to earlier first? I always found that the biggest pain when flashing ROMs and the reinstall of both apps and app data didn't always go according to plan!
    No, the backup here would merely be a "just in case" backup. You can safely upgrade from CM10 to CM11, no reinstallation of apps at all - that's the beauty of it. All your currently installed apps and settings won't be touch. What will happen is once CM11 boots up and you enter the Play Store, you may get a bunch of new 4.4 compatible updates (Google Music and SD card caching for instance) but everything else will remain (texts, bookmarks, settings etc).

The process for you here is just three / four steps.

1.a - Use Helium to backup your apps / preferences.
    1.b - Use CWM Recovery to do a Nandroid backup (recommended)
    2 - In CWM Recovery, install the latest nightly ZIP file (cm-11-20140414-NIGHTLY-n7100.zip)
    3 - Still in CWM Recovery, install the latest Gapps / Google Apps ZIP (http://itvends.com/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip)
    4 - Reboot your phone. It will take longer to boot, perfectly normal.

If for some reason it doesn't boot correct, reboot back into CWM and wipe just the cache and davlik cache, then reboot again.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    I've tried a few different CM11 ROMS and can't get reception at all. Tried any fix I could find on line like installing latest CWM etc. Nothing works............

I'm with 3 mobile if that makes any difference. Could be a modem issue but CM11 doesn't flash a new modem
    This is usually related to a mistake from Odin3 (like selecting NAND flash or re-partition).

Can you show me the guide you have used? Did you use the CM Installer process for this?

You may need to revert to stock, confirm your radio is working first, then follow this procedure for installing CM.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_i9300

No, the backup here would merely be a "just in case" backup. You can safely upgrade from CM10 to CM11, no reinstallation of apps at all - that's the beauty of it. All your currently installed apps and settings won't be touch. What will happen is once CM11 boots up and you enter the Play Store, you may get a bunch of new 4.4 compatible updates (Google Music and SD card caching for instance) but everything else will remain (texts, bookmarks, settings etc).

2 - In CWM Recovery, install the latest nightly ZIP file (cm-11-20140414-NIGHTLY-n7100.zip)
    3 - Still in CWM Recovery, install the latest Gapps / Google Apps ZIP (http://itvends.com/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip)

If for some reason it doesn't boot correct, reboot back into CWM and wipe just the cache and davlik cache, then reboot again.

That is amazingly helpful Advertsfox, you've really clarified it for me. I couldn't figure out how it was so easy to upgrade but not having to reinstall all your apps and settings etc certainly makes it easy.

I'll have a pop at this in the next few days.

Cheers,

Ben

This is usually related to a mistake from Odin3 (like selecting NAND flash or re-partition).

Can you show me the guide you have used? Did you use the CM Installer process for this?

You may need to revert to stock, confirm your radio is working first, then follow this procedure for installing CM.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_i9300

Thanks for the reply
    I used the installer first. No reception so restored my nandroid backup

After that I downloaded latest nightly and Gapps and flashed both. Did a factory reset while still in recovery and rebooted. Still no joy

Tried the same with LiquidSmooth ROM. No reception.

Back on rooted stock now (from nandroid backup). I will give it another go this evening with the guide you posted

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/ref-imei-efs-stuff-i9300-including-t2393289

known issue since Samsung updated the EFS to v2. and the CM roms etc all use EFSv1 and it can't read the V2.
    Read the above.

TL;DR flash http://d-h.st/bnH

I accept no blah blah should your phone blow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks for the reply
    I used the installer first. No reception so restored my nandroid backup

After that I downloaded latest nightly and Gapps and flashed both. Did a factory reset while still in recovery and rebooted. Still no joy

Tried the same with LiquidSmooth ROM. No reception.

Back on rooted stock now (from nandroid backup). I will give it another go this evening with the guide you posted

Thanks

What stock rom you on ?
    Make sure it's recent enough before going onto CM, altho judging by your previous problem I'd say it's new enough.

• Advertisement

Anyone suggest an alternative dialer app which works with CM? I hate the stock app and had been using exDialer quite happily for a couple of years but since flashing CM 10.2 the other day I've had issues where people couldn't hear me and/or I couldn't hear them. Thought it was the signal, then thought it was the hardware but tests proved otherwise. I tried using the CM stock dialer but that didn't resolve it. I finally uninstalled exDialer and now the stock CM dialer works fine so I'm assuming from the process of elimination that exDialer was somehow not playing nice with CM.

Suggestions for a CM friendly alternative dialer?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

PrzemoF wrote: »

Nice clean easy to use dialer all right PrzemoF, cheers. Getting the speed dial set up is a bit finiky/counter intuitive but once set up it seems to work fine and no conflict with CM yet anyway.

Ben

Ste- wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/ref-imei-efs-stuff-i9300-including-t2393289

known issue since Samsung updated the EFS to v2. and the CM roms etc all use EFSv1 and it can't read the V2.
    Read the above.

Thanks. I figured as much. I have my old efs backed up so might revert to 4.1.2 at the weekend and go from there.

Hi Advertsfox,

I'm (not surprisingly I suppose) having a problem!!

I did a Nandroid backup and used Helium to do another backup which I chose to do to DropBox rather than to my PC.

I downloaded the nightly ZIP file and and Gapps Zip file to my pc and connected my Note 2 which connects ok as a camera (PTP) but won't connect as a mobile device (MTP) and the problem with that is that although I can see the phone storage I am unable to copy ZIP files to it. I get an error message effectively saying ZIP files cannot be transferred in camera mode!!

I'm stuck :o Can you give me a steer on what I need to do to get the phone to connect in MTP mode?

I did try installing the Samsung Drivers when I installed Helium on my (Win 8.1) PC but I don't think they installed correctly. Could that be impacting on the ability of the phone to connect in MTP??

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I got around that a few times Ben by connecting the phone to my laptop with Bluetooth. Just another option.

Hi Advertsfox,

I'm (not surprisingly I suppose) having a problem!!

I did a Nandroid backup and used Helium to do another backup which I chose to do to DropBox rather than to my PC.

I downloaded the nightly ZIP file and and Gapps Zip file to my pc and connected my Note 2 which connects ok as a camera (PTP) but won't connect as a mobile device (MTP) and the problem with that is that although I can see the phone storage I am unable to copy ZIP files to it. I get an error message effectively saying ZIP files cannot be transferred in camera mode!!

I'm stuck :o Can you give me a steer on what I need to do to get the phone to connect in MTP mode?

I did try installing the Samsung Drivers when I installed Helium on my (Win 8.1) PC but I don't think they installed correctly. Could that be impacting on the ability of the phone to connect in MTP??

Ben
    Might seem obvious but just download the two ZIP files on your Android device, be quicker this way because MTP can be a nuisance on Samsung phones. Alternatively, remove the Micro SD card and connect it to your PC with an SD / USB card reader and copy the ZIPs over.

Might seem obvious but just download the two ZIP files on your Android device, be quicker this way because MTP can be a nuisance on Samsung phones. Alternatively, remove the Micro SD card and connect it to your PC with an SD / USB card reader and copy the ZIPs over.
    To think I used to know all this $hit :o

Cheers, workaround done. Just about to flash.

Ben

It's been trying to boot for over 5 minutes without success. Leave it another while or boot into CWM, wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again??

Ben

It's been trying to boot for over 5 minutes without success. Leave it another while or boot into CWM, wipe cache and dalvik cache and try again??

Ben
    Nope sir you best go in, wipe cache and davlik and reboot again.

• Advertisement

Nope sir you best go in, wipe cache and davlik and reboot again.
    Done, waiting patiently, 3 minutes in and counting.............

9 minutes into the boot up after wiping cache and dalvik cache and no sign of it finishing. Fingers crossed the Nandroid backup will restore :(

And back to CM 10.2 - well that was one way to spend a couple of hours!!

Will try again at the weekend with fresh downloads of the ZIP files etc.

Ben

And back to CM 10.2 - well that was one way to spend a couple of hours!!

Will try again at the weekend with fresh downloads of the ZIP files etc.

Ben
    Just to confirm, you did flash the ROM first followed by the Gapps ZIP?

Just to confirm, you did flash the ROM first followed by the Gapps ZIP?

I sure did Advertsfox. Flashed the ROM, flashed Gapps and then rebooted.

Ste- wrote: »

Read the above.

Thanks. I figured as much. I have my old efs backed up so might revert to 4.1.2 at the weekend and go from there.

Thanks Ste-
    Got it sorted last night. Flashed CM11 and then restored my old efs folder.
    Set permissions, rebooted.
    Flashed old modem and now have reception on CM11

I sure did Advertsfox. Flashed the ROM, flashed Gapps and then rebooted.
    Can you tell me what version of CWM you are using?

Can you tell me what version of CWM you are using?
    I'm on v6.0.4.3

I'm on v6.0.4.3
    That's the latest build indeed, are you using CM10.1 stable or are you on the most up to date nightly (prior to CM11)?

• Advertisement

That's the latest build indeed, are you using CM10.1 stable or are you on the most up to date nightly (prior to CM11)?

I'm on 10.2-20131214-snapshot-installer WPPQ50S-n7100

That's what was installed via the CM installer app / software.

Advertisement